Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Best SW set in the 10 years of Lego Star Wars

My favorite SW set of all time is the 2004? Millennium Falcon.

I like it for different reasons, its not two big or two small, it has a nice sort of figs and it looks good too :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

The number one set is obvioulsy the Death Star - anyone that owns it has to agree

Definitly! :thumbup:

The set is huge, build up from lots of movie scenes and it has 25 minifigures :cry_happy:

And after that comes the 4504 Millennium Falcon.

I dont own the 4483 AT-AT (sadly) but it comes in third and my hopes are set on a remake of this one, MF scale. (Sorry KimT :tongue: )

These make up the most epic lego sets from the OT.

1. 10188 Death Star

2. 4504 Millennium Falcon

3. 4483 AT-AT

Number four would be the Rebel Blockade Runner.

It has to be the death star. Awesome size and cool minifigs. Its the best by far but I cant afford it :cry_sad:

I have a list, cause it's impossible for me to choose just a top three, let alone one set.

4483 AT-AT: blast rebel scum into the oblivion. Comes with a speeder bike. Looks closer to the original than the motorized version does. No stickers

4504 Millennium Falcon: the best version of this classic ship. More details than the first version, but more practical and less expensive than the 2007 one.

6207 A-wing Fighter: nice, smooth, cheap.

6208 B-wing Fighter: nice, smooth, unusual design.

6209 Slave I: perfect to hunt smugglers. Better than the previous designs. No stickers

6211 Imperial Star Destroyer: nice interior, nice figs. Not deformed like this years Venator.

7259 ARC-170 Starfighter: more interesting design than a X-wing. Comes with four minifigs. And that for a fighter. No stickers.

7261 Clone Turbo Tank: nice minifigs, a BARC speeder, a laser turret. No stickers.

7658 Y-Wing Fighter: detailed, much closer to the original than the previous versions. The bare look is nice. No stickers.

10134 Y-wing Attack Starfighter: detailed, the bare look is nice.

10179 Ultimate Millennium Falcon: minifig-scale, nice minifigs included, lots of details.

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker: carrier vehicle (always great). I don't like the AT-OT, but that's why the dropship is able to carry 7675 AT-TE Walker as well.

10198 Tantive IV: great minifigs, great ship. No stickers.

I have to say 7159 - Star Wars Bucket!

You get a great black Lego bucket, and endless possibilitys of building different Podracers :tongue:

My first set was 7153 - Jango Fetts Slave I so I have to go with that.

Then to just choose one is really hard. There has been the original AT-AT, the 4504 MF, the new Endor set, DS with great minifigs.

Not to mention the UCS MF. That also had the great touch of building it with 3 great friends, and built 3 at the same time in my livingroom.

So as mentioned, 7153 since it was such a great set, and the one brought me here in the first place. Great figs to ;)

Definitely the Death Star. I really, really, wish I could have that, but 400 is a little outt of my budget, especially with all of these other sets that I haven't gotten yet (not a single pirates set!). Playability, figures, pieces, sheer awesomeness... Lego really went all out on this one for the fans.

Definitely the Death Star. Although more than I can afford, the 20-odd figures are great to recreate a good number of scenes, and make for an excellent conversation piece as well :tongue:

I would have to say Ewok Attack. I recieved my forth one yesterday. :tongue:

I also bought Jango Fett's Slave 1 a few days ago and I think it is simply amazing so it comes pretty close. Other sets like the geonosian fighter, cloud city, bounty hunter pursuit and the original AAT are also close to my favorite.

Given I'm definitely an original trilogy fan, this is going to seem like a strange choice, but I'm going to say the 7133 bounty hunter pursuit, it has a stack of chrome and printed pieces, a fantastic Zam fig and two exceptionally swooshable vehicles to have hours of fun with.

I don´t think it is a strange choise at all hewman. Well maybe exept the fact that you are an OT fan ;)

Otherwise a really lovely set I´d say too.

My personal top 3 would be:

Sets that i OWN:

1. V-Wing

2. Vader's TIE (the current one)

3. Imperial Dropship (i LOVE this one...or maybe just the Shadow Trooper LOL)

Sets that i'd LIKE to own:

1. Death Star

2. UCS Falcon

3. Rebel Y-Wing (last year's, I'm not liking the Republic (CW) version as much as i thought i would)

Sets I can't wait for:

1. TIE Defender

2. Imperial Hoth battlepacks (I need me some Snowtroopers!)

3. Echo Base (the current one with the Tauntaun...i'm waiting for the cash to get one LOL)

Sets i WISH they'd make:

1. E-Wing

2. Predator Class TIE Fighter (from the Legacy comics, IMO almost as good, if not BETTER than the Defender)

3. Sith Meditation Sphere (or anything from the KOTOR era...)

Mine is the Hoth base, I think it's the perfect set.

I'm more of a collector, but it would make a nice little playset.. you get the sliding doors, a probe droid, plenty of minifigs (good guys and bad guys), turrets, control panels and even a Snowspeeder. It was very reasonably priced too, and now with things like the Echo base and the Hoth battlepacks coming, there's a lot you can add on to it. :thumbup:

Only complaint is how limited it was, which seems very silly if they're going to be making all these add ons for it.

I have to go with Watto's Junkyard. Along with the fact that it is completely amazing, there's just nothing quite like the Classics.

I have to say 7159 - Star Wars Bucket!

You get a great black Lego bucket, and endless possibilitys of building different Podracers :tongue:

:laugh:

The original Republic Gunship, not only did it come with a great number of figures and was a fantastic build, it gave us our only unidentified Jedi (and we still don't know his identity 10 years later!). At least, it is my favorite, although the new one is fun too.

My favorite would have to be the 7679 Republic Fighter Tank. I just love that thing! I also like the 7676 RAG too. But the fighter tank is just amazing.

Unfortunately, the three sets that look the best have all slipped out of my grasp (Just wait, CTT, original AAT and Cloud City. I'll get you someday). But I have to say I like the 6212 X-Wing Fighter. It's my third favourite ship (Below the CTT and Slave I, of which I own neither), includes a great choice of figures (where's 3PO?) and has good playability! Unfortunately it takes a lot of work to build (at least for me), and I haven't built it up since I last dropped it on the floor! :laugh::laugh: