DarthSion

Topic title editing requests

Can we please actively edit the titles/subtitles of our own topics? I know you can ask a Mod, but sometimes they are unresponsive. A MOC I finished recently that i originally posted as a WIP still says WIP even though I've asked for it to be taken away. It's not the only time i've wanted to change the title of my topic. I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to do that.

Having moderated forums in the past, this becomes an issue because you can change the entire intent of the thread, for sale threads could be easily forged or messed up, and it makes the moderators job a bit more difficult. At least from my experience. The EB staff may have their own reasons, but almost every forum software doesn't allow this as a standard, for similar reasons. Of course you could probablt enable it, but the people who make forum software seem to agree with me, at least in theory.

I know this has been brought up before. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with avoiding confusion. If everybody could change titles, people would lose track of which threads they posted in or where information/pictures could be found. In other words, it would be utter chaos.

PMing a Mod is the best way to get a title fixed, but keep in mind that the Mods have lives outside the website, and may take a little time to get to your request. :wink:

I hope this helped.

Can we please actively edit the titles/subtitles of our own topics? I know you can ask a Mod, but sometimes they are unresponsive. A MOC I finished recently that i originally posted as a WIP still says WIP even though I've asked for it to be taken away. It's not the only time i've wanted to change the title of my topic. I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to do that.

Please allow the Staff some time to notice your message and act. If you still do not get any reply, try contacting another Staff member.

You know, we are usually very busy drinking working on so many details that we may loose sight of some :blush:

You know, we are usually very busy drinking working on so many details that we may loose sight of some :blush:

so thats whos been drinking my good stuff then, time to change the lock.

I think the moderators are the only members who can change any topic title.

You can find a list of the moderators here.

LegoGalactus

Edited by LegoGalactus

I don't think Moderators want us to keep changing titles because it would cause alot of confusion, If you want to change the title you can leave a replie on your topic asking them to change it or if it's an obvious mistake, I think someone will change it for you default_classic.gif

Edited by The Red Brick

Is it possible and if so how to change the name of topics i've made?

To give you a direct answer. NO, you cannot.

If you have a valid reason to, any moderator has that ability, but there is no guarantee that they will.

Now I'm not on the staff, but I have moderated others forums in the past, and this setup is pretty standard across the board. It makes the moderators job easier if everyone isn't changing thread titles all the time.

Now I'm not on the staff, but I have moderated others forums in the past, and this setup is pretty standard across the board. It makes the moderators job easier if everyone isn't changing thread titles all the time.

Yes. The Big Cam speaks the truth. If people were able to change the topic title it'd be hard to know what topic was what for all members. It'd be nice though if people could change the Topic Description...

It'd be nice though if people could change the Topic Description...

So does that mean you guys are thinking about giving people more freedom in changing Topic Descriptions? default_classic.gif

I totally agree with the the Topic Title rule, but I guess having the limited ability to change the Topic Desciption would be a nice additional perk and might be quite useful when the need arises.

So does that mean you guys are thinking about giving people more freedom in changing Topic Descriptions? default_classic.gif

I totally agree with the the Topic Title rule, but I guess having the limited ability to change the Topic Desciption would be a nice additional perk and might be quite useful when the need arises.

Agreed. It would be quite nice.

It'd be nice though if people could change the Topic Description...

Agreed, too.

Builder could change Description and update the building status.

From the way he wrote it, it sounds like it's all or nothing. Meaning you can either edit everything or nothing, and again that's usually how it is. Editing of titles usually comes with the moderator setting. I've personally never seen a forum that allows different levels of moderators, meaning only able to edit descriptions but not titles. Now I'm not real experienced in the IP board style of forum.

But it sounded like he'd like to offer that but can't.

But it sounded like he'd like to offer that but can't.

Sorry for leaving you guys confused. Big Cam is right; I'd like to but the board doesn't support it. The setting is "Can edit own topic title & description?" and it's all or nothing. A mod is possible, but my work list is long enough already! :laugh:

I don't know if I'm blind but I can't fint where to edit my topic's title. Or maybe only mods can do that.

My problem concerns this topic, it's title is "Uran 43206 trial truck" but should be "Ural 43206 trial truck".

Or maybe only mods can do that.

Yes, only moderators and regulators for the respective forum can edit topic titles.

Or maybe only mods can do that.ck".

Yep, and you could always ask our friendly neighborhood mods/admins to change the title for you. Don't worry, they don't bite. :wink:

Yep, and you could always ask our friendly neighborhood mods/admins to change the title for you. Don't worry, they don't bite. :wink:

Most of them :grin:

hey there,

I'm not sure if this was asked before but if it has, feel free to redirect me to the post. The problem is I beleive I have made a big mistake with posting a new topic. Aperently I replaced the title with the link to the gallery instead of calling it Star Trek Med Evac Shuttle. I try to edit the post but it wont let me edit the title. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Heres the link to my post:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59490

Thanks, hope someone can help me with this issue. :grin: