Sign in to follow this  
Nodwas

Alestorm

Any of you guys heard of them? It's freaking pirate metal!

l_0d6c1bea5e414aa3ae62e054cabfa333.jpg

Checkout their MySpace page to hear more of their music, see more awesome artwork and follow where they're touring.

I've heard a lot of Alestorm and Swashbuckle, and to a lesser extent, the 3 Inches of Blood pirate songs. They're good, but didn't leave a lasting impression on me. To me, they just can't top Running Wild, the true masters of pirate metal! Under Jolly Roger!!!

I've heard a lot of Alestorm and Swashbuckle, and to a lesser extent, the 3 Inches of Blood pirate songs. They're good, but didn't leave a lasting impression on me. To me, they just can't top Running Wild, the true masters of pirate metal! Under Jolly Roger!!!

You like Pirate Metal? Rammstein does Reise Reise! :thumbup:

"Reise, Reise Seemann Reise

Und die Wellen weinen leise

In ihrem Blute steckt ein Speer

Bluten leise in das Meer!"

I still have Sensucht. I guess I'll have to youtube it! Another 80's/90's band that does pirate metal well is Tierra Santa. Check out "La Cancion del Pirata" Busca para parte uno y dos

While I have heard of Alestorm, I have not heard of Running Wild. Thanks for the tip!

Wow, my new favourite metal band! I'm really digging some of this, not only is the pirate image great, but their music is brilliant too! :pir-classic:

Maybe it's because there are more drinking songs on the first album :pir_laugh2: . Black sail at midnight is a very epic album too.

For those living in north america, they are touring with Eluveitie in november! I'll try to dress as a pirate when I'll be seeing them live :pir-classic:.

I also like rammstein, but I think they are too different from alestorm and pirate metal in general to be compared with them.

Edited by hurdy-gurdy pirate

I found another good song. "Airship Pirates" by Abney Park. Really good song.

There a Steam Punk band.

I have never in my life heard of Pirate music.

I will definetaly check this otu.

The're good fun live, isaw them last year at the 'pagan fest'. Good little band with catchy lyrics, but dont know how long they will last because they are 1 dimentional!

Rammstein are way better! :pir_laugh2:

Have to dissagree there, Both times i saw Rammstein they were nothing special, and if a bands not good live then they just dont cut it in my opinion

Have to dissagree there, Both times i saw Rammstein they were nothing special, and if a bands not good live then they just dont cut it in my opinion

Um...Im sorry. Did you say "nothing special"?

They are one of the most liked "live" bands. They use lots of Pyrotechnics!

Rammstein-flamethrowers.jpg

And what do you mean that if there not good live, there not good at all. There are hundreds of famous bands that are not very good live, But they are the most loved bands. Its just that Till Lindemanns voice isn't projected as deeply Live as it is in a small studio is it...

Well Im still going for this years tour.

Its not about pyrotechnics, pyrotechnics dont make the band play well, its about how they play, their energy and pressence on stage and how that reachs out to the crowd and weather they play their own way rather then sticking to the album versions of the songs. Led Zep would freestlye live and turn some of their short songs into 14 min epics. Pyro is nothing but a light show. Dont get me wrong, im not saying their bad[even tho it might of sounded like i was], its just that ive been going to live metal gigs since i was 6(thanks to my big bro), and once you've seen the best of the best live, you get high expectations. I was just dissapointed because i did like what i heard on their albums. I just expected too much. Trust me, if you see them live and then see metallica play 'One' or Damage Inc' live, then you'd notice the difference. But i love metal and Rammstein do have sum heavy riffs! :pir-classic:

Definitely some good songs on their Myspace, but it isn't something i would listen to for hours i think.

I know what you mean Derfel Cardan, one of the main reasons i like most old bands better then the new ones.

Though i do like a lot of music, one show isn't the other. I was lucky enough to see AC/DC live early this year, now that was a great show! :cannon:

Definitely some good songs on their Myspace, but it isn't something i would listen to for hours i think.

I know what you mean Derfel Cardan, one of the main reasons i like most old bands better then the new ones.

Though i do like a lot of music, one show isn't the other. I was lucky enough to see AC/DC live early this year, now that was a great show! :cannon:

AC/DC - now theres a band who know how to play live! Awesome band. Consider yourself a very lucky guy mr green hair!

You know what? I saw them live yesterday!

It was awesome. I made 6 hours of train and will be missing all my classes today to see them live. There was so much energy in the crowd that we couldn't stay in place for long, we always had to follow the mass of people moving along with the music. Let me tell ye that after they played Nancy the tavern wench I had no voice left. I bought a t-shirt and their two albums.

I saw Swashbuckle four weeks ago in Montreal. They have played in the first part before Korpiklaani! I never saw Alestorm in a show.

Personally, I prefer Folk-Viking Metal to Pirate Metal like Ensiferum and Korpiklaani. These are my best!

Slayer is coming to town this month. 20 February: Canadian Carnage! :pir-skull: