gcarstensen

TTCE: C&O berkshire and passenger set

ENTERED

my entry for category 1

C&O berkshire #2716 was leased to southern RR for most of its active life then it was repainted for C&O and used to pull passenger excursions till its retirement. it now awaits restoration at the Kentucky transportation museum.

more on brickshelf when moderated

EDIT the berkshire has been rebuilt see more below

12541719091_DISPLAY.jpg

1254171908m_DISPLAY.jpg

12529644401_DISPLAY.jpg

12529644412_DISPLAY.jpg

12529644445_DISPLAY.jpg

this is probably the best thing i have made yet

enjoy

Edited by gcarstensen

Wow great job. this is certainly very detailed. I love the use of the cheese slopes on the front of the engine. Any chance for a pic of the whole train end to end?

*Decides to not enter his loco in category 1 and in category 2 instead*

Great work gcarstensen, if this doesn't wind up on Classic-Town.net and The Brothers Brick at some point, there is something severely wrong! I love your use of cheese slopes, and is that a few car tyres making up the smoke stack?

Good job mate, and good luck! :classic:

Very nice work. The 2 wheel pony truck gives plenty of space for some excellent piston design. The carriages are also good, except the green one is not up to the high standard of the others. The carriage bogies look good but with a full stud between the wheels it's not going to roll very well around the tight Lego curves. Speaking of track, 9volt looks so much better with the shiny rail. But alas I'm splitting hairs here, it's an awesome MOC.

Well played.

Edited by pe668

Wow great job. this is certainly very detailed. I love the use of the cheese slopes on the front of the engine. Any chance for a pic of the whole train end to end?

p9140083.jpg

*Decides to not enter his loco in category 1 and in category 2 instead*

Great work gcarstensen, if this doesn't wind up on Classic-Town.net and The Brothers Brick at some point, there is something severely wrong! I love your use of cheese slopes, and is that a few car tyres making up the smoke stack?

Good job mate, and good luck! :classic:

good eyes those are tires for smoke stacks

Very nice work. The 2 wheel pony truck gives plenty of space for some excellent piston design. The carriages are also good, except the green one is not up to the high standard of the others. The carriage bogies look good but with a full stud between the wheels it's not going to roll very well around the tight Lego curves. Speaking of track, 9volt looks so much better with the shiny rail. But alas I'm splitting hairs here, it's an awesome MOC.

Well played.

actually on the trucks the the middle wheels are taken out of the base or whatever you want to call it and put on the truck through 2 1x1 tenchnic bricks with a pin. this allows the trucks to easily negotiate curves.

join the PF revolution

i will be putting PF in the berk as soon as i get the cash

p9140073.jpg

thanks for all the comments guys

Edited by gcarstensen

i put an interior into the observation car

That interior is really awesome. and there is so much space left in there, wow :thumbup:

Wow, that interior is something special! I never thought of using plates, it leaves so much room inside and looks very realistic. Well done! :thumbup:

That interior is really awesome. and there is so much space left in there, wow :thumbup:
Wow, that interior is something special! I never thought of using plates, it leaves so much room inside and looks very realistic. Well done! :thumbup:

thank you

I like the colors. How much does this car weigh?

- BMW

i'm not sure exactly but alot for sure

Gcar: You should post one picture 640x480 as your first image. This picture will be used for the contest.

Also, your images are way too large for site guidelines. You should really resize so that other members can appreciate your very nice entry.

Gcar: You should post one picture 640x480 as your first image. This picture will be used for the contest.

Also, your images are way too large for site guidelines. You should really resize so that other members can appreciate your very nice entry.

sorry about that i hope these pictures are better

thank you!

Nicely done. The Berkshire class locomotive is close to my heart, it's the first type of steam engine I ever attempted, and still one of my favorites. You've done a great job here, I've always been a fan of cheese slope boilers. The cars are well done, too - you've gone much further into the realm of detail than I ever would have considered.

--Tony

Nicely done. The Berkshire class locomotive is close to my heart, it's the first type of steam engine I ever attempted, and still one of my favorites. You've done a great job here, I've always been a fan of cheese slope boilers. The cars are well done, too - you've gone much further into the realm of detail than I ever would have considered.

--Tony

thank you!

i've always like the Berkshires too, there not to big or to small