Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystical Castle - Day 1

00day1.jpg

After the signing of the Alliance of the Three Nations, and the ensuring party, many of the residents of the castle retired to their beds, with some particularly eccentric people continuing to party on in the ballroom. The castle was gradually claimed by darkness, and a certain quiet fell over the great stone fortress. But as we all know, evil is most often afoot in the dead of night...

01day1.jpg

The grand hall was quiet, but not far away, something sinister was beginning.

02day1.jpg

03day1.jpg

04day1.jpg

The doors to the west wing slammed open, and beyond, the flickering glow of a raging fire could be seen. Distantly, a terrible scream could be heard, and the clash of steel against steel. In the west atrium, Duke Frederick Dufay was making a brave retreat before the coming flames.

05day1.jpg

"Run for your lives!", he screamed, as he came hurtling through the doors.

06day1.jpg

Those were his last words unfortunately, as a long tongue of flame stretched out to grasp him.

07day1.jpg

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!......" The flame wrapped around the poor Duke and as quick as a flash, burned him to a cinder. Only the charred bones remained upon the polished floor.

08day1.jpg

Now more screams could be heard coming from the west wing. The flames roared up, and a few desperate people tried to escape the horrors of the slaughter. Next to come dashing through the doors were two guards, Vincent of Hamenweir and Damien of Dromindur.

09day1.jpg

"What the hell is going on!?" cried Vincient.

"Some sort of attack", replied Damien. "The whole west wing of this place is ablaze. And did you see the bodies back there? Brutal, just brutal..."

"Yeah, better keep running."

No matter how hard they ran though, the pair could not escape the fate headed their way.

10day1.jpg

A purple flash came from behind, and the two were struck down with a powerful spell which systematically stripped their skin from their bodies, leaving a bloody mess on the floor.

11day1.jpg

Meanwhile, the fires ragged on unabated.

12day1.jpg

Silence gradually spread through the castle, with the occasional scream punctuating the stillness. The atrium was empty save for the flicker of flames.

13day1.jpg

Hesitantly, Fergus the scullion and Betta the maid scuttled out in the atrium, in the hopes of finding safety away from the fires.

14day1.jpg

They were wrong.

15day1.jpg

Two hooded figures had just entered from the opposite corridor. Slowly they advanced. Betta turned and ran, while Fergus stood petrified, as he was sliced up by the wicked blade of the intruder.

16day1.jpg

17day1.jpg

18day1.jpg

Finished with his fun, the intruder turned and left the mangled, wretched body on the floor.

19day1.jpg

The roar of the flames built up, and with a mighty roar, burst forth into the hall, like a giant, hungry beast.

20day1.jpg

Then, as suddenly as it had come, the fires receded, and the doors slammed shut, leaving the grand hall in darkness once again.

21day1.jpg

The burnt, tortured, misshapen remains lay still on the floor, a testament to the wicked horrors of the night. Silence once again possessed the castle.

22day1.jpg

In the morning, the King and his Queen, in the company of the only remaining Royal Guards, surveyed the carnage.

24day1.jpg

"This is the work if those Dragons, the ones who so greatly oppose our alliance:, the King sighed. "This must be dealt with immediately. Clean up this mess, and then call in all the survivors. We must find these traitors, and execute them before they kill us all."

The guards complied, and very soon, all the people were assembled in the Hall, all those that were left that is. Many were still mourning the deaths of loved ones from the previous night; husbands, wives, sisters and brothers, the toll of the night was high on everyone. What the people of the keep wanted was justice, revenge for the foul deed that had been done.

25day1.jpg

"All we want is justice!", someone shouted.

"Together, we can find the ones who did this and make them pay!", another cried.

"Won't someone just think of the children?", another asked.

Murmurs of agreement spread through the hall. The decision was made; nobody would leave nor enter the castle until either the killers were all found and executed, or the people had died trying. Together, they could rid themselves of the nuisance that has caused so much horror and bloodshed, but only if they are wary and careful of the evil ways of the Dragons. Things were just beginning to get interesting, in Matidoer Castle...

26day1.jpg

Rules of Play

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.

- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.

- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.

- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.

- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.

Characters and Players

ralf.jpg Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman

juliana.jpg Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice

hugh.jpg Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang

simon.jpg Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone

sirion.jpg Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows

margaret.jpg Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs

peter.jpg Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois

victor.jpg Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man

rohesia.jpg Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy

beatrice.jpg Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher

thomas.jpg Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon

william.jpg Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley

richard.jpg Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker

agnes.jpg Agnes (Maid) played by Striker

nicholas.jpg Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick

francis.jpg Francis the Friar played by Svelte

geoffrey.jpg Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate

edward.jpg Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx

ethel.jpg Ethel (Maid) played by Adam

gilbert.jpg Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz

walter.jpg Chef Walter played by JimButcher

Good luck, and trust nobody...

What a grisly site! :cry_sad: We must rid our castle of these vile lunatics at once! My dear Lady Beatrice, are you all right? Please spare yourself the horror and look not on these gruesome bricks bones and tiles blood.

Please spare yourself the horror and look not on these gruesome bricks bones and tiles blood.

I can asure you that our maids Ethel and Agnes cleaned it up right away nothing to see here. Who could do such a thing?

Oh, the horror! :oh:

Where are the maids? Ethel, Agnes... Where is Betta? I need a fan and a cup of water. Hurry!

I'm right here, ma'am.

Oh no! Look at this mess! And I have to clean it up. :cry_sad:

*turns a pale shade of green*

Ethel, would you please give me a hand at tossing cleaning up this mess? :look:

Oh my gosh, what terrible stuff has happened last night? So many deaths and damage in just one night. Let me help you with the cleaning up.

Oh my gosh, what terrible stuff has happened last night? So many deaths and damage in just one night. Let me help you with the cleaning up.
:angry: No! Damien! We used to work together as guards of Dromindur, a dear shame. I'll help dispose of the mess Agnes.

Thank you, both of you! :sweet:

Where should we put the bodies? :sick:

Oh! :sick: How terrible that such a sin has occurred. I dare not touch the bodies, else the evil shall spread through our food.

We must act quickly to rid ourselves of this plague before it eats us alive. Where could that maid, Betta, be? Has she been allowed to live, or was it sheer luck that she escaped this fiery wrath? Did anyone here know her?

Thank you, both of you!

No problem, I could let you take such a grim task alone. And besides, one of the deseaced used to be a good friend.

Where should we put the bodies?

We should take them out side for now (not just because the smell is fowl, but out of respect) until we can come up with a concrete plan. I suggest a buriel service, does this place have a morgue or graveyard?

Where could that maid, Betta, be? Has she been allowed to live, or was it sheer luck that she escaped this fiery wrath? Did anyone here know her?

If she did live, she probably ran away as fast as she could.

Her body was not found, so maybe she lived. :cry_happy:

Lady Papelion, I'll go get you that glass of water now.

*scurries off to get the glass*

I've seen many casualties of war from my days in the navy, but never anything quite like this. :sick: My those poor souls rest in peace.

Oh dear...

What a mess. I suppose it is my job to protect the King and Queen of this castle, despite the fact that most of the other castle guards are gone. Lieutenant Victor of the Matidoer Army will not turn away a fight, especially not one caused by ruthless traditionalist monsters!

*looks around for soldiers to command over*

You men! Help them clean up this mess!

On a lighter note, I could do with some breakfast to get my mind off this mayhem. :classic:

I haven't seen carnage like this since the last time our people were attacked by black wraith demons...

This is a very serious matter, not just for the death it has brought but for the situation we are in. Clearly, the security at an event like this would normally be able to withstand such an attack, thus it seems obvious that there are those amongst us who would seek to destroy our important work by allowing access to the evil that brought this upon these poor souls.

Open your eyes, one and all, and keep them open to your surroundings. Pay close attention to those around you, for there are traitors in our midst and we must find and destroy them before they expose us to more death.

Be vigilant, we can't allow this to interfere with the important agreement that we have made here.

Like... OMJAY! :oh: This is so terrible! What could have caused the West Wing to get so... burny? :cry_sad: Poor Betta! She must've been taken by the fire!

But Agnes, oh, my! *giggle* My girlish heart is a flutter; so many strapping young men and women are helping us clean, Agnes! :wub: We'll have to log this in our double diary once we're done!

Oh, yeah, like, Betta the maid person at your service, gents! *curtsies* :wink:

I mean, like, Ethel! :wacko: Total split-personality, oh yeah! *giggle*

If she did live, she probably ran away as fast as she could.

Her body was not found, so maybe she lived. :cry_happy:

But... that bothers me. Why didn't the evil-doers pursue her? It seems no one could escape this wrath, no matter how fast they ran. These poor, dead souls before us are unfortunately examples of this. She's not (seemingly) anyone among us, but then where is she?

On a lighter note, I could do with some breakfast to get my mind off this mayhem. :classic:

Toast with a side of Stauder coming right up, your righteousfullness.

Thank you for the water, dear Agnes.

Open your eyes, one and all, and keep them open to your surroundings. Pay close attention to those around you, for there are traitors in our midst and we must find and destroy them before they expose us to more death.

But good Lord Ambassador, we mustn't let paranoia and suspicion cloud our judgment either. That is exactly what those minions of the devil want.

This is indeed an important contract, and I for one have always wanted nothing but peace between our nations. It aches my heart to see that there are people among us who would stop at nothing to hold onto the old ways of rivalry and barbarism.

Excuse me for being so forthcoming, but I believe the first course of action we should take is to secure the safety of our kind and beloved king and queen. I can't help but to think that the Dragons want the throne for themselves. We mustn't allow that to ever happen, so those loyal to the king and the alliance must unite!

*looks around and blushes*

Oh, I am terribly sorry. I didn't mean to speak with such fervor... :blush:

Oh dear. This certainly is bloody. I do hope the maids will hurry and clean it up.

As for our course of action, I can't say what it is. Perhaps some breakfast to calm the nerves is in order, I think the cook is already working on that. Oh, perhaps the maids would like me to clean up the mess. I'm not very good with blood, but I could help clear some of the burnt things, or salvage some objects if they are still in good shape.

Excuse me for being so forthcoming, but I believe the first course of action we should take is to secure the safety of our kind and beloved king and queen. I can't help but to think that the Dragons want the throne for themselves. We mustn't allow that to ever happen, so those loyal to the king and the alliance must unite!

Indeed your Majesty! Let us guards protect you from the evils of the Dragons. My fellow knights, help me protect our King and his Majesty. We mustn't let any Dragons near them.

Toast with a side of Stauder coming right up, your righteousfullness.

No...Not toast...I hate toast.

Fetch me something better! Do you have any eggs from yesterday's breakfast? And please, call me Victor.

Oh, I am terribly sorry. I didn't mean to speak with such fervor... :blush:

Like, don't worry, m'lady, 'cause you just, like, captured the essence of my karma! :oh:

So, m'ladies, I'll, like, totally bring you majesties over a chair and let you, you know, like, sit down, and I'll get Ye Olde Royale Makeup Kit so you can, like, do makeup. *curtsies*

*giggle!*

So, m'ladies, I'll, like, totally bring you majesties over a chair and let you, you know, like, sit down, and I'll get Ye Olde Royale Makeup Kit so you can, like, do makeup. *curtsies*

Where is this "makeup kit"? If it is out of our sight currently, I for one would rather you not go and get it, as I think we all agreed we'd stay in this vicinity.

No...Not toast...I hate toast.

Fetch me something better! Do you have any eggs from yesterday's breakfast? And please, call me Victor.

Psst, that Ambassador is giving you some nasty looks. I think you better hold on the toast insults. :wink:

*Raises voice* Of course, sir, yesterday we had... sausage. No, wait, bacon. Was it bagels? Ah! No! Don't kill me!

Ahem... sorry about that... We just got a new shipment in. It's this new thing called "Pop-Tarts". Would you like to try one?

Where is this "makeup kit"? If it is out of our sight currently, I for one would rather you not go and get it, as I think we all agreed we'd stay in this vicinity.

Oh. :wacko: Like, okaaaay then. I'll just totally wait and get it for you ladies later, okums? *curtsies*

By the way, my name is Ethel, but you can just call me "Hey baby!" :wink:

*giggle*

But Agnes, oh, my! *giggle* My girlish heart is a flutter; so many strapping young men are helping us clean, Agnes! :wub: We'll have to log this in our double diary once we're done!

I know. :wub: (:tongue:) *giggle*

Wait... we have a double diary?

Oh, yeah, like, Betta the maid person at your service, gents! *curtsies* :wink:

I think you're confused, Ethel.

I mean, like, Ethel! :wacko: Total split-personality, oh yeah! *giggle*

*giggle*