Sign in to follow this  
missouri_bb63

Bluebrick Layout Software

Hello SciFi fans!

I used to be a big classic space fan and it occurred to me that a project that I am currently supporting in the Train and Town forum might be useful and fun for you guys too!

The BlueBrick layout designer started off as a tool for train fans to prepare and test their track layouts virtually before setting it up for real. Thanks to some serious support from the Eurobricks community, who have provided GIF images of their favorite town sets, it is now more of a town and train layout designer.

As Lego Space also had a mono rail, and the Bluebrick Software has monorail tracks, I was wondering if you guys also want to add GIFs so that you can also benefit from this program. Of course you don't have to have a Monorail in your layout. You can also just use it to plan the location of the sets you have... or create the layout you always wanted but never had.

Here is an example GIF of classic space set 6970 that I just made. I made the required XML too. Check out some classic space examples below.

6970.set.gif

You can check up on the progress so far in the BlueBrick discussion thread and you can check out the full list of set GIFs that Eurobrick members have donated so far in the dedicated index. Just browsing through the last 3 pages of the thread will give you a good overview.

To get you started I have made video tutorials which you can find on my youtube page and you can also find a detailed PDF help file on the official BlueBrick website, which is also where you can download the current 1.4 Version of the program. The GIFs in the Eurobrick index will not be added until the 1.5 release.

If you want to donate some GIFs you will be able to put your authoring details in the XML file that accompanies each GIF and of course your GIFs will only be used in the next BlueBrick release if you send your written permission to Alban Nanty who makes the software.

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys soon!

Edited by missouri_bb63

I quickly built these ones this afternoon. The XML file is included. It might take a while for the folder to become public as I just uploaded the files.

Enjoy!

6930.set.gif

GIF XML : 6930-1 Space Supply Station

I actually got this set back in the early 80s...

920.set.gif

GIF XML : 920-2 Launch Pad {non-U.S. version of 483}

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hehehe, looks like I am the only one who would like to make virtual space layouts. I have to admit, the more I play around with it the more I am looking forward to making more sets. Here is a quick example layout that I made (yes I know, the monorail probably wouldn't be able to make the incline from the ground station to the top...i don't actually own one by the way). There are new GIFs in there which I have not posted so if you would like them let me know.

classic_space_layout.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

that's really neat, i just recently in the past few months got rid of most of my town stuff to complete my space collection, if only i had the space and base plates to utilize this (money to buy said base plates would help too) i'm terrible with computers but would welcome the addition of some space base plates like the blacktron2 ones and the classic landing pads.

that's really neat, i just recently in the past few months got rid of most of my town stuff to complete my space collection, if only i had the space and base plates to utilize this (money to buy said base plates would help too) i'm terrible with computers but would welcome the addition of some space base plates like the blacktron2 ones and the classic landing pads.

Hi! You're in the same position as so many other folk. It sucks... I know. All my lego is in storage and my job keeps me on the road from Monday to Friday every week so this virtual stuff is ideal... and your not limited by space. I will be adding more baseplates soon and I'll make sure I complete the classic and blacktron2 first. Check out this thread every once in a while for updates! Let me know if there are any specific sets that you would want in GIF format. It is easy to do yourself if you have ever used MLCad. There is a video tutorial on how to put the GIFs made in MLCad into BlueBrick.

If there are any computer savvy AFOLs out there who want to make GIFs, leave a post in this thread!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Figured I should post the baseplates that I have for space so far. Unfortulately the LDraw parts library doesn't have any of the specialy printed and raised 32x32 baseplates.

Guess this will have to do for now. :sad:

3947.gif

6099p03.7.gif

608p03.gif

6099p02.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hello space fans!

After many hours of tweaking over the weekend BlueBrick version 1.5 is now available to the masses. It includes a new Lego Space category which includes 4 classic space sets and the monorail terminals from set 6990 which you can see in the example layout in one of the posts above. All the monorail track sections are already included in the program and can be linked together in the program. The space baseplates are also included but they are in the regular baseplate section.

I know the interest in this software hasn't been overwelming in the space forum so far but I will keep on making classic space sets from when I was a kid and more will be released in the 1.6 Version of the program. If you enjoy using MLCad and want to give me a hand let me know. :classic:

This revision focused on the first (but definitely not last), extension of the parts library, and improving the help features which includes an integrated help file and the youtube based video tutorials..

You can check out the full list of additions, changes and credits in the version log, as well as downloading the new 1.5 version on the BlueBrick website. http://bluebrick.lswproject.com/

Most of the set additions came from the Eurobricks train and town community for all the support that was provided for this release. If you want to contribute as well, you can use the contact information provided on the website, or join us here on the BlueBrick thread.

It is high time to post several more classic space GIFs. The MLCad files of the sets were made by Brickshelf user Jerome Boulanger who kindly made high res screen shots which I just had to resize and do a bit of photoshop work. I have included the XML files as they are quite important for the correct positioning of these files. They also include the credit for Jerome's work and the peeron picture link which will provide the picture for the BlueBrick parts list that you might generate.

If you have any requests do let me know by sending me a PM! (I don't check the sci-fi forum on a regular basis).

Happy building!

608p02.0.gif

GIF XML : 608p02 9-Stud T Intersection with Green Octagon

6971.set.gif

GIF XML : 6971 Intergalactic Command Base

6972.set.gif

GIF XML : 6972 Polaris-I Space Lab

6980.set.gif

GIF XML : 6980 Galaxy Commander

926.set.gif

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mckennak...ace/926.set.gif XML : 926 Command Centre

928.set.gif

GIF XML : 928 Galaxy Explorer