Sign in to follow this  
dragonboy79

Pirates of the Caribbean IV

I say the more pirates movies the better. Hopefully they will start fresh and not be constrained by the old story lines and characters. I would prefer to see three stand alone movies about the adventures of Jack Sparrow that have to see another long tied together trilogy. But het as a pirates fan I am sure whatever they put out will be better than nothing.

Then it appears that Powers's literary agent is confirming what some of us suspected: the movie will be an adaptation of the book with Sparrow filling in for the Jack Shandy character. In which case the villains will be Blackbeard, English sorcerors, loa (West African/voodoo spirits), and zombies. No skeletons; that was just for the cover art of the 1st edition paperback.

It's a perfect match since the book clearly influenced the movies as much as the ride did. Even the Monkey Island creator said he was more inspired by "On Stranger Tides" than POTC the ride. If they stick close to the book, then it should be a great movie. And I'm hopeful for LEGO tie-in sets. I can't imagine with the licensing agreement that LEGO would sit back and allow Disney to give the merchandising to a competitor. I'm sure there are some exclusion clauses in the contract.

Meanwhile, my advice: If you're a pirates fan and haven't read the book, beg, borrow, or steal it.

M*g*bl*cks has already done it

That didn't stop TLG froms making Dinsey Cars sets :jollyroger:

I can't wait for this film though. I just saw the trilogy of previous films on DVD so I'm stoked for more rum-induced adventure :pir-classic:

OMG, this is great news, PotC is one of my favorite movie series.

THe LEGO line is a stretch, but we can always hope. I wonder the conflit between the regular pirates and the character specific Pirates. I kind of see LEGO having issues doing that.

Then again, there is Space and Star Wars. Hmmm

But I don't know why the movies have Davy Jones as the villain and the game has Jolly Roger as the main villain. That Confuses me.. maybe because Jolly Roger can have more ships as Jones is tied to one? confusing! Becket is gone... isn't he? O_O
The next villian may be Blackbeard, and I see "undead" on the cover of the book... What book? Check this out.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive...nger-tides-7982

Maybe now with the 2 main villians gone (Davy Jones and Beckett) they may introduce Jolly Roger to the film series - while i havent played the PotC Online game from what i know of it Jolly Roger does command skeletal pirates does he not? (not to mention that he is one)

From what i've heard about the fourth pirates movie..it's probably all BS but i think the fourth one is meant to center around jack and barbossa...If you remember at the end of the third one barbossa took the pearl, then we sore Barbossa taking out the Chinese map only to see the center of the map was missing. Cut to Sparrow in his rowboat with that cut out section point his way to the fountain of youth, i think that's what the fourth movie could be about they have the set up already there waiting for it to continue on.

To the people that think Hollywood should of stopped at the third movie, Hollywood will never stop while they can still make money out of a franchise (E.G high school muscial)

But if you think about it. The Flying Dutchman would be waaayyy to complicated for Lego to do, and even if they did, they would have to have big purposely made Lego Pieces. Cause the flying dutchman has ots of bones and lime-greeny creme pieces. flying-dutchman-front.jpg

If you can fin out a way to make a perfect replica of that in Lego, I would certainly buy it. But Lego do not make 2 Decker ships.

Sorry, don't buy that the Dutchman is to complicated for lego to do. We've seen some stellar work from them in terms of Starwars ships and vehicles. In both mini fig and USC sets. The Dutchman as well as the pearl are very doable without the need of "purposely built pieces". It can be done.

It also doesn't need to be two decks. It doesn't have to be exact to scale. Just incorporate the details that make it recognizable as the Flying Dutchman.

i think classic pirates would be like 80% hate it, 20% like it. the only good things to come would be new ships and an OFFICIAL capn jack.

i wouldnt buy it, but for those reasons. i would kind of hate purchasing it...but its LEGO pirates(sorta), so whats a guy to do...? :pir-hmpf_bad: