Sign in to follow this  
Mos_Eisley

If you could revive one production year's sets...

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I did some searching and didn't see a similar thread but my apologies if this exists somewhere. But the question is, what single production year's sets would you want to see revived if given the opportunity? For me, I'd have to go with the 2006 line-up. I think that 6209 Slave I, 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge and 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer are the 3 best sets ever released in a single production year. Not only did each of those include a lot of minifigs, but the ships themselves are great. It also included 6212 X-Wing Fighter, but it is still readily available. I think the 2005 line-up would be second for me because it had a lot of great minifigs and the Sandcrawler, but overall I don't think the vehicles/ships were that well designed. I guess for me the perfect time to buy some Star Wars sets would be the fall of 2005 as I could pick up all kinds of great stuff from the existing 2005 line-up and the early releases of the 2006 sets!

My follow-up question is one I've been curious about for a while. What is your favorite Star Wars box design? Mine is the Original Trilogy Edition design. It's very simple and understated, but I think I like it because it reminds me of the Star Wars toy boxes from when I was a kid. A poll about this might be fun...

Edited by KimT
Thread title

Hmm. I would go for 1999, 2000 or 2003. The first wave of SW sets were very nice, and I would love the chance to get them again. 2001 saw many new, awseom models with nice play features, and 2003 had the new Clone Troopers and Republic Vehicles. I think really, I would choose 2000's line up. :thumbup:

As for the box design, I liked the Episode I art. The cartoon figures looked really nice. :thumbup:

Nice idea, and I cannot remember if a topic was made which resembled this one before. Next time if you are unsure, use the Search function. Sorry if you did, I thought you meant searching as in scrolling through the pages. :wink:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I would have to go with Episode III line. I loved all of the sets then, and didn't get any of them. I liked the design of them from that time.

My favorite packaging would have to be this year's Clone Wars box art. I just love the Clones being on the box and the red writing.

I would revive the 2006 sets because they had fleshies in them and were great ships. Jabba's sail barge had heaps of minifigs and was an awesome set. Sandcrawler is huge and has so many droids. Slave 1 has boba who is one of the best minifigs ever and his ship is incredible.

I would have to say my favourite is the 10th anniversary one, I like the little cartoon minifigs

The year that had the Snowspeeder, Dagobah X-wing, and the Falcon. If I could revive any set, I'd revive the Y-wing from 2007 :thumbup:

The first X-Wing :wub: !

This was my first Star Wars set and was accurate, included good minifigures (Biggs Darklighter and a rebel mechanician!), a chrome lightsaber and a little transport vehicle.

I would be glad to see Lego release a few old sets like they did a few years ago with the Legend sets.

I would revive Revenge of the sith or Attack of the clones. AOTC because I never got any of the sets and ROTS because it's just plain awesomeness.

My favorite boxart would be the anime darth vader or next year's Clone War's boxart.

Hmm good topic! :thumbup:

Mine would have to be either

2002, 2003 or 2005.

There where some really good sets in those years which I'd kill to have! :tongue:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

I would prefer the 2000 Productions for the X-wing UCS, the 334x packs, and the Starwars Technics Set!

But if this happens, some investors and collectors will lose money for something they hold dearly for 9 years...

I would revive the 2006 sets because they had fleshies in them and were great ships. Jabba's sail barge had heaps of minifigs and was an awesome set. Sandcrawler is huge and has so many droids. Slave 1 has boba who is one of the best minifigs ever and his ship is incredible.

I would have to say my favourite is the 10th anniversary one, I like the little cartoon minifigs

The year that had the Snowspeeder, Dagobah X-wing, and the Falcon. If I could revive any set, I'd revive the Y-wing from 2007 :thumbup:

Definitely 2006 for me - the fleshies, new blasters, and Sail Barge and Slave-I which I missed.

Hate to be pedantic, but according to my Collector's Guide, the Sandcrawler was 2005; the 4500 Snowspeeder and 4502 Dagobah X Wing were 2003 (yellow figs) whilst the 4504 Falcon was 2004 (fleshies).

Talking of which, one year NOT to resurrect would be 2004: only one new set (Falcon), and some rehashes of Tie Fighters and old Y Wing. Plus a load of minis. [Edit] Oh, and the UCS Y-Wing (thanks Skipper!)

Edited by Rufus

I think I would have to choose 2004. Mainly because I love the UCS Y-wing that cam out that year which I unfortunately don't own but also some other great set cam out such as the 4500 Snow Speeder and 4501 Mos Eisly Cantina.

My favourite box design is the UTE too. It looks very sleek and the boxes were also embossed too.

Well, I guess any year that had the original AT-AT, 4483, I wish I had that one.

2005 is not really appealing to me, there sure were nice sets but apart from the Mustafar-duel-thing I have got all of them so...

However some of the really early sets would also be nice to see again.

No.

However...after some thinking I have decided to go ahead and open this thread back up. Those of you that were upset, my apologies. I did not plan to upset anyone, but I did have my reasons. In the future, I will be a little bit more descriptive as to why I close a thread.

So please, feel free to contribute and answer Mos_Eisley's question.

Definitely 2006. I'd love to get 6207, 6208, 6209, 6210 and 6211, as well as the re-released version of the CTT. Also, It'd give me a chance to pick up a few more X-Wing fighters to keep MISB and sell in about ten years' time. :classic:

Oh, and by the way, I know I'm obsessed with the standard smiley. It's just easy.

I am always intrested by those who express fondness for the early Star Wars sets 1999-2003

I look at them and I see sets build by the lego designers kids - not professionals. Most look nothing like the vehicle they should be (Gungan sub?) and the colours are ludicrous (AAT with a fancy BLUE theme?)

I've always thought this was deliberately aiming at 8 year olds with a new <insert that tiresome argument> ''basic'' theme - quick to design, cheap to produce and for an undemanding market

From 2004 onwards we start to see the designers get involved but its 2005 untill we have professional sets

Just look at the difference between the original and reissued sets - Falcon, Sith Infiltrator, MTT - the originals were not designed by a lover of Lego

So anything before 2004 should stay in the past - and as i have every good set anyway i dont need any theme restored...

...but to play along - 2006 had some lovely sets with some real care and attention shown, and i wouldnt mind getting another copy of a few of those sets

I actually wouldn't do any at all.

I'm ok with all the new stuff that's been coming out.

I'm more of a fleshie guy anyway so the yellow sets aren't that appealing to me.

I actually wouldn't do any at all.

I'm more of a fleshie guy anyway so the yellow sets aren't that appealing to me.

If Lego Star Wars ended I bet you'd take that back. But what was your 'favourite' (digg that awesome Aussie spelling) year?

I like 'fleshie' heads better too, I can't stand both of them and have seemed to have adopted the 'fleshies' and lately (in Indiana Jones) they have become less racist which is great! (no offense intended)

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

If Lego Star Wars ended I bet you'd take that back. But what was your 'favourite' (digg that awesome Aussie spelling) year?

I like 'fleshie' heads better too, I can't stand both of them and have seemed to have adopted the 'fleshies' and lately (in Indiana Jones) they have become less racist which is great! (no offense intended)

I've been thinking about it and even looking on Brickset for back years, and I really can't thinkof one.

I guess if I could bring one back, in the form of a new set, I'd say 2000, 2002, or 2005

I can't decide, all those years have sets I want, but I only really want them to be remade.

Probably 2000.

I would like to revive 2006 - I had all of the early sets but sold most of them when the redesigns came out. And I got a bit careless in those years. Later I noticed I am keen on the models more than on the minifigs, it is just more fun. And I would love to have the Slave I in my collection, but if the rumors are true, I might get happy next summer! (And redesigns are usually better than the older ones. Except AT-AT perhaps..) Oh and perhaps to get a Star Destroyer, then bricks for 100 Euros and modify it...

Best boxes are the 1999 ones. Different angles, small, alternative models. Just sweet. The 10th anniversary use that strange red/orange as a background on the back, terrible... And I don't like that there is the one main picture on every side of the box.