Sign in to follow this  
Hound Knight

Grimmhavn

th_thindexedgif.gif 92d

I found this when I was browsing Brother's Brick and thought that y'all'd enjoy it:

3891455111_4d33435894.jpg

"Grimmhavn, situated on the precipitous rock coast of the northland, shows the commercial centre of northern country."

More photos here.

Does anyone know if Mr. Brick is a member here?

Great find. That is incredible. Lots of amazing ideas. The windmill is very cool as are the winding docks. The only part that doesn't live up to the rest is that black roofed building in the top/middle. It almost looks modern to me. Still a real feast for the eyes!

That is just stunning. The amouint of blue tiles, the attention to detail in the water with the different coloring.

Not to mention the shear number if minifigs that he has just for this one MOC. THe time it must have taken. :imperialguard_commander1:

I love all the little scenes like on the new death star, it really makes you appreciate the time that was spent making it and thinking everything up.

The reflections on the water really add a touch of realism and scale to this outstanding MOC :pir-wub:

I'm sure I'll come back to this for reference in the future.

Mr. Brick goes by the alias The Brick Time aswell, but isn't a member, although we featured The Admiral Benbow Inn here...

:pir-oh3: They certainly have lots of tiled 2X2's :pir-oh::thumbup: on the Docks, Great Idea on the windmill to.. very cool find. :thumbup:

Well, If Mr Brick would be a member he would surely be a MOC-expert! This is a very great MOC and very detailed. I like the hanging cage with the prisoner inside it :pir-classic: And all the tiles for the water (even the lighter ones at the shore) look also great!

This is quite fantastic! The Brick Time's work with water is stunning. My only objection is that this has little to do with Pirates. :pir-grin:

Saw on the Brothers Brick recently... its an amazingly detailed scene...

That IS a lot of blue tiles! Great attention to detail. Not too sure why the windmill is sitting on a rock in the harbor...I would've put the lighthouse there instead. Still, great job.

Very nicly done and pleasing to the eye. It has more of a viking feel to me then pirates, but very good work.