Bonaparte

Petition: We want the Pirates Advent Calender in the United States

Signed!

I'm personally sick of LEGO City Advent Calenders. I want a new twist. Come on LEGO, don't be morons! Don't make the mistake of limiting the non-City advent calander to Europe AGAIN!

I would buy two at least. I won't get the city one because it's basically the same thing every year and no new figures.

Oh, and I'm sure we all want next year's special themed advent calendar to be available in the US too.

-Signed-

Signed. Please release the pirates advent calender in the USA. I would definitely buy at least two copies. :pir_laugh2:

I am adding my name to this petition

We need the Pirate advent calender in the USA! :pir_bawling:

Pirate Advent Calender for all! :pir-sweet:

Add my name to the petition.

I don't understand why on earth LEGO would think the US wants a rehashed City Advent Calendar every year and not something new. My local toy shop quit carrying Advent Calendars several years ago, saying that they were just the same thing year after year and there wasn't enough interest. If LEGO would release an Advent Calendar each year to go along with a different theme that's new and/or popular that year, I bet they'd see there's a great demand for it. I think the Pirates theme is great, and I'd buy at least two Pirate Advent Calendars just for myself as well as some more as gifts for my nephews.

I have no idea how the numbers work out but maybe the answer for sets like this (pirate advent calender) where TLG doesn't think they will necessarily sell in the US is to offer preorders. i.e. "if enough people put their name down to buy the set before a certain date, we will ship some over to the USA". So really kind of like a regular shop @ home preorder except that if they dont get enough orders, they refund everyones money instead of shipping the set.

I have seen it done before by other companies to judge the viability of releasing a limited edition or otherwise special item.

I have no idea how the numbers work out but maybe the answer for sets like this (pirate advent calender) where TLG doesn't think they will necessarily sell in the US is to offer preorders. i.e. "if enough people put their name down to buy the set before a certain date, we will ship some over to the USA".

That's also how they have been selling the regular City Advent calendars here in Australia for the last 2 years (through Lego Club) since they never appear in retail stores. It seems feasible, you'd think.

I can't believe that LEGO would do the exact same thing that happened last year with the Castle Advent Calendar. There are thousands (maybe even hundreds of thousands) of LEGO fans in the US and Canada that want to buy the Pirates Advent Calendar.

I am going to buy one copy, but ONLY if you list it as a product in the US, not if all you people at LEGO just decide to do the same thing last year (calling a phone number to order), since my parents will probably not do that, and I'm sure that there are many others that want it to be widely available, too.

So, sign me up for this petition!

π

EDIT: Just helping to spread the word on Flickr...

Edited by ILikePi

We Want Pirate Calenders!!!!

Sign me up!! I'd love to get two or three of these! :thumbup:

When I was very young, two of my favorite things in the whole wide world were Advent Calenders and Pirate LEGO. I would love to be able to get this set in time for Christmas! :)

Adrick

Please make this available in the U.S. like you did with the Castle Advent Calendar last year, Good Lego Folks.

-KJG

Although I have connections in Europe and am able to get the calendar either way, I'd like to support my fellow US citizens and sign this. :pir-classic: This is an awesome set and everyone should be able to get it!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Please, please, please make the Pirate Calendar available in the US. I have piratey calendary needs! :pir-cry_sad:

Sign me up!

And, as an employee of the LEGO Store at MOA, let me also state that there are many many other people who work for the company who are outraged that this set will not be available in the US. I cannot believe LEGO did not do something different this time around after what happened with the Castle Calendar.

Frustrated with my own company,

MLB

Aye! I sign the petition!

Why not the Pirates Advent Calender available in the US where is just neighboring the Caribbean Sea? :pir-classic:

Signed, Sing-how Tuo (aka "CVSPIS_CELIDVS" in Classic-Pirates.com & TWLUG) in the western North Pacific

I'll sign this. I'll be purchasing one of these either way, but it would be nice to not have to pay to get it shipped overseas. Thanks for putting this petition together and submitting it to TLG, Bonaparte! We all appreciate it.