Sign in to follow this  
lifeinplastic

Existing bricks in different colours.

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread to ask which existing bricks you'd like to see in a colour that the brick is not currently available in. I'm adding this to the train and city thread, as I'm only really interested to hear about standard bricks to be used in these themes rather than turning the thread into a demand for a license wishlist (not interested in licenses - takes the imagination out of building but let's not get into that now). You know when you have a brick there but it just isn't available in the colour you really need to complete the perfect MOC/ town scene!

I'll start...

bikes (peeron 4719c01) - not just plain old red or black again. I'd love lime green, light blue and purple.

flowers (peeron 3742) - i don't usually like orange bricks as too bright but it would be appropriate in this case.

pillars (peeron 43888) - white, black (very useful for MOC city buildings, architecture)

short legs (peeron 42879) - lots of colours --> including greens, reds, etc. More kid figs needed in lego

also more grey hair!

Edited by lifeinplastic

This is a great and very interesting topic, lifeinplastic! :thumbup:

We already have some similar topics in the Embassy subforum - but they aren't exactly identical with yours.

So here are my thoughts:

bikes (peeron 4719c01) - not just plain old red or black again. I'd love lime green, light blue and purple.

[...]

short legs (peeron 42879) - lots of colours --> including greens, reds, etc. More kid figs needed in lego

I partly agree with you, lifeinplastic.

It's very disappointing that TLG does only release red bicycles - there really have to come back minimum the black ones! Plus some bikes in other colors (mainly blue) would of course be great.

TLG took a big step forward since they released this year some kids in City sets - that's brilliant! And they even did not only use the dark brown and tan short trousers but even some grey and blue ones. Imo these are at the moment enough different trousers for kids - well, black would be a great addition. Much more I wish TLG would release more (new) different torsos (not only for kids but in general)! Like you already mentioned, in the licensed themes every year a lot of new torsos come out. And what about City?! This year we get only two new torsos: the woman in the Camper and the farmer. That's imo much too less!

Btw: Very late but nevertheless: Welcome to EB, lifeinplastic! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

There are three more city torsos, if you count the ones from: 8970 Agents Robo Attack.

BTW there are also yellow and pink bikes, but I would love to see them in other colors as well.

the Inventor

BTW there are also yellow and pink bikes, but I would love to see them in other colors as well.

There were also white bikes. The first bicycle I ever saw was white.

White

Red

Black

Yellow

Pink

Of course how could I forget the white bicycle. :tongue:

Nevertheless, I would like some other colors the most bikes are red.

the Inventor

I agree on a lime green bike, so I can make it like mine. All I'll have to do is make the wheel holder thingys black. :thumbup: