jansued

HMS Destiny

th_thindexedgif.gif 87d

This is my first ship and one of my biggest MOC in my young career as an AFOL: The HMS Destiny

1252501480m_DISPLAY.jpg

It's made for the Redcoat/ Bluecoat Tournament, but I decided to put it also in here - because of all the time I spent do build it.

The invention of canons shooting exploding shells instead massive bullets and of armored ships led to a sudden end of the big sail ships. Ships like the HMS Warrior were the ancestors of the massive battleships in WW1 and 2.

12525014844_DISPLAY.jpg

Additionally to the Howitzer on the front deck, the HMS Destiny has 4 deckmounted canons and 6 canons under deck. And there a some more secret weapons - not to shown yet...

12525014845_DISPLAY.jpg

In the back, there is a big harpoon to catch fleeing Bluecoat ships.

12525014856_DISPLAY.jpg

If close enough, the boarding bridge is released and the marines can enter the unlucky ship, supported by Lewis Machine Guns

12525014822_DISPLAY.jpg

12525014833_DISPLAY.jpg

For undercover missions and patrol the HMS Destiny has a smaller Boat:

12525014857_DISPLAY.jpg

12525014868_DISPLAY.jpg

So, get ready to meet your destiny..

12525014811_DISPLAY.jpg

Nice indestructable ship :pir-sweet: Although I'm not used to see ships like that on this subforum, I still respect your building skills. You have really used some nice techniques on this one! But I'm also glad it has at least 1 mast :pir-classic: Maybe we can scratch it a little bit with our entire fleet, but We'd better search no troubles with this bunch of steel. (Or we could send some spies and make our own modern ship)

Nice MOC!

I love the steampunkish feel of this ship, which is amazing. It's stunning!

Covered with nice efforts. I can see you have used your time in a good way!

I'm not too fond of the bow, it looks a bit 'quickly finished'.

But I DO like the cannon at the stern. Good one. :pir-tongue:

My compliments, not bad for a Bluecoat aye? :pir-laugh:

Man thats sweet! :thumbup:

And not only because it blows Bluecoats apart, its just how much Playability it has with it! :pir-wub:

I love how its a cross between Steam Punk-Pirates and Industrial era. Im guessing you based it off Steamboy:

steamboy4.jpg

Man thats sweet! :thumbup:

And not only because it blows Bluecoats apart, its just how much Playability it has with it! :pir-wub:

I love how its a cross between Steam Punk-Pirates and Industrial era. Im guessing you based it off Steamboy:

steamboy4.jpg

I looked for some historical ships - google for HMS Thunderer or Kanonenboot Wespe ...

HMS Thunderer

SMS Wespe

Best Regards, Jan

the masts are a nice touch, many metal ships have sail so that if the engine fails they arent stuck.

its not really steam-punk since steam punk is normally quite unrealistic and sci-fi, while ships like this existed.

Oh my god! Its beautiful! :pir-cry_happy: So many hideous weapons...

Fantastic job, janused - once again you have earned our respect as an amazing builder. :pir-sweet:

I'm glad you are on my side! That is one cool war ship. I am very impressed with the amount of detail you put into the various weapons systems. Can't wait to see her in action against the bluecoats! :thumbup:

Brilliant MOC, very thought provoking, its given me some idea's for mine once I get some time (currently in a meeting),

Thanks for the inspiration! :pir-devil: I've started constructing a ship somewhat like this, and now I have even more cool ideas for it! Muahahahahahaha! :pir-skull:

That is one incredibly detailed MOC. I love the handles for the cannons, they look very realistic with the rotating wheels to angle them. And that grapple for boarding ships, such a clever idea to use swords as spikes. It really ties industrial and pirate together. Love it :pir-classic:

Promoting your entry ey? :pir-grin:

Nice work, i like it.

I would categorize it as steam punk, as the bow and other small detail gives me that 1.000 miles under the sea, Captain Nemo feeling.

It's nice to see that the British store their rockets on the outside of the bow, i don't think sinking her will be that hard. :pir_laugh2:

Promoting your entry ey? :pir-grin:

Nice work, i like it.

I would categorize it as steam punk, as the bow and other small detail gives me that 1.000 miles under the sea, Captain Nemo feeling.

It's nice to see that the British store their rockets on the outside of the bow, i don't think sinking her will be that hard. :pir_laugh2:

No problem. Normally the Destiny would'nt need any armor at all because the main cannon has a range of 6 km, while the biggest conventionel cannons (32pounder) have a range of max 2,6 km. The armor is just to not get damaged if we play around with our victims.

;-)

Best Regards,

Jan