TechnicJuan

Impressive Technic/Racer Lamborghin MOC

I'd say highly unlikely since (a) it's part of a flickr set with no indication that this has anything to do with 2010 (b) preliminary images usually feature box art and are watermarked with CONFIDENTIAL (c ) prelim images are usually one-shot deals only and do not feature multiple angles of the sets in question.

I am pretty sure this is just a MOC. I will rename this thread so as not to get peoples hopes up.

Thanks for fixing the Thread Title. :thumbup: I will say one thing, if this is just a MOC, whomever did it sure went through alot of trouble making it look legit. I see ALOT of new parts and stickers applied. There is no way Lego would make wheel covers like that though(Very Neat Idea though). There is NO suspension, What looks to be a Hand of God type steering thingy in the back with a dummy steering wheel for the "Driver" There is no transmission either. I do see an old-style differential in the middle along with the new style in the front and back. Good use of the new panels.

I am very intrigued by this.

Go Figure. The Pics have been deleted already. :angry:

I have them all saved though. :wink: Is it safe to upload 1 of them here?

Edited by TechnicJuan

For those of us who missed the pics, could you tell us what model of Lamborghini it is?

It was a VERY nice Gallardo Model. It was done in red though :pir-hmpf_bad: It was designed with all of the new Panels and other new parts. I will post the pics that I have saved, but I want to make sure that it is ok first. The six pics were up all day at flickr, and then about an hour ago, they were deleted. It honestly looked a little too good to just be a MOC, plus it had some stickers on the engine and front. I wonder if Industrial Designer knows anything about it. :pir-wink:

Edited by TechnicJuan

The red color would make sense if it is a MOC since some of those parts only exist in red from 8258. If it was a TLG prototype, they would have other colors available.

On the other hand, we know that TLG has an active license with Lamborghini. I would not put it past TLG to allow an intentional leak just to see what kind of buzz it would get. Deleting it a day later only fuels the fire. Some of those photo angles are a bit artistic compared to box art. I wonder if it is a coincidence that they are somewhat similar to these? :classic:

I like the all wheel drive, but I did not see a gearbox and I didn't see suspension. To me this makes it more in the Racer class like the Enzo than in the Supercar class. Time will tell.

Edited by Blakbird

Here are the other 2 pics that I have. There was one more, but I must have missed saving it. :hmpf_bad:

3901230715_8e9efcfd6e.jpg

I tried to enlarge this one so we can see what is going on. :thumbup:

3902041664_19b785cdf8.jpg

The second pic here is the one that is making me think this isn't for real because we NEVER get to see pics like this early in developement(If Ever).

I see so many things that TLC would do(Why are there yellow pins there?), and so many things that they would not(Like showing pics like this). The Only thing that I will say is that it is Very Very Good.

Edited by TechnicJuan

My guess is thatits just a Moc. pics are far to detailed to be a leaked pic, and i have never seen any preliminary pics showing so much detail of the under carriage as well asother functions.

The red color would make sense if it is a MOC since some of those parts only exist in red from 8258. If it was a TLG prototype, they would have other colors available.

On the other hand, we know that TLG has an active license with Lamborghini. I would not put it past TLG to allow an intentional leak just to see what kind of buzz it would get. Deleting it a day later only fuels the fire. Some of those photo angles are a bit artistic compared to box art. I wonder if it is a coincidence that they are somewhat similar to these? :classic:

I like the all wheel drive, but I did not see a gearbox and I didn't see suspension. To me this makes it more in the Racer class like the Enzo than in the Supercar class. Time will tell.

I agree. This Looks like a Kuiper's model :wink: . And wasn't he tight lipped recently about a new TLC model coming out? I am in awe of the design of this when compared to the 8653 Enzo and Even the 8145 Fiorano.

If you look at the backs of the 8653 set and 8145 set, you do see similar styled views of the models.

865301.jpg

8145-002.jpg

I also remember about 3 or 4 months before the 8653 set came out, that there were a few leaked pics that came out(That changed in the final model) Those leaked pics looked earily similar to these new ones that we have here. The only one that is making me think twice is the undercarriage pic. But the build just looks so smooth. :blush:

This Looks like a Kuiper's model.

I agree.

Actually, the way the chassis of this Gallardo is built is very impressive ! :cry_happy:

Nathanel, it is time to come back to the company to offer us such sets !!! :laugh:

What a great looking model! The bodywork is great! If it is a mod I would say it contains parts from 8285 and 8653 or 8145. The stickers may come from the available Gallardo-set. But why have the pictures been removed?

If it will become a set from TLC I hope we will get a different color.

By the way: I agree - it is a racer; not a supercar. But I would buy it...

Edited by Lupus74

I have the 8169 set and the stickers are much smaller than the ones shown on this model. Also if you look at the pic that shows the back of the car, there is a red sticker that looks like were it would say Lamborghini, it is yellow on the smaller set. It's too hard to make out what it says though. Also, the stickers for the engine are black with silver writing in the 8169 set. I agree, I would love to have the set in a different color. Especially yellow. :thumbup:

Hmm, this looks like original gallardo not LP 560-4 for me.This model is nice, but it has ugly lights-very, very awful.

I want to have some set like this, 1:10 gallardo made by technic with AWD will be great!P.s.:The author is IMHO Nathanael Kuipers...This is his style.

The author is IMHO Nathanael Kuipers...This is his style.

I'm not sure of it.

I think that Nathanael would have done the body in a different way. think.gif

I'm not sure of it.

I think that Nathanael would have done the body in a different way. think.gif

The angles of car are same as in his brickshelf concept car folder.And chassis is very detailed, like in his concept car MOC.

And what about Uwe Wabra?He designed technic ferrari enzo.

P.s.:I also like use of new technic parts for example http://media.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/....1247111472.jpg , http://media.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/....1223857021.jpg or http://media.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/....1245726120.jpg

Edited by Ondra

Whahaha!

This is certainly not a design by Nathanael Kuipers. He has a open (lego-related) style of building. If i could make a guess it's probably by Crowkillers. (His style of building is much more massive.)

IMHO it's just a MOC.

But let's wait and see!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Hmm, this looks like original gallardo not LP 560-4 for me.This model is nice, but it has ugly lights-very, very awful.

I want to have some set like this, 1:10 gallardo made by technic with AWD will be great!P.s.:The author is IMHO Nathanael Kuipers...This is his style.

I actually am impressed that the headlamps actually look somewhat like the real car(Shape wise) and are not stickers :wink: . IMO the lights in the 8653 Enzo and 8145 Fiorano look a little bland because they have no shape. If this isn't a Kuipers design, I will be shocked because this is really well done. At first I didn't like the wheels on this car, but they are really starting to grown on me :blush: What set or sets have those triangular parts in the center? I need to do some research. :pir-classic:

With a bit of deleting you get so much more!

And the designer is....

But then again.....

Who is KoaKhan?

Those were the pics that I found yesterday in the original link that I posted. There were 6 of them, by that same guy.

Whahaha!

This is certainly not a design by Nathanael Kuipers. He has a open (lego-related) style of building. If i could make a guess it's probably by Crowkillers. (His style of building is much more massive.)

IMHO it's just a MOC.

But let's wait and see!

You really think this model is massive? It doesn't look like it is overloaded with parts. And does crowkiller even know how to build a car that doesn't have a transmission or suspension? :wink: I wonder why the pics that I uploaded to brickshelf last night still haven't been made public yet? :pir-hmpf_bad:

Edited by TechnicJuan

This is certainly not a design by Nathanael Kuipers. He has a open (lego-related) style of building.

:thumbup:

My pics were finally made public, but the only keyword and folder was "avatar", everything else was deleted. Now my whole folder is gone? :angry: What the Heck is going on here?

That looks really cool. It's all covered up, unlike the official Technic models from Lego. IMO, the lights are too big.

Edited by prateek

My pics were finally made public, but the only keyword and folder was "avatar", everything else was deleted. Now my whole folder is gone? :angry: What the Heck is going on here?

It happened to me one time before. Do not know the cause.

Repeat upload fixed the problem.