MrTools

LEGO Store Grab Bags

While at the lego store today, i noticed some people holding these bags filled with random parts and say a few ofn a shelf in a gack corner, i didnt know what they were, they didnt have a price tag on them and they said LEGO Club on the front, so i was just gussing they were deals for people that signed up for the club at the stores. So while paying for the sets i picked up (for birthday presents not me :hmpf_bad: ) i saw another pile of them on the desk next to me. I asked the person working the counter what they were and he said, "Those are grab bags filled with parts from sets that were returned, they are 7.99" . Sounded like a great deal! I picked up two ( all i had the money for) So when i got home it was time to find out what i got.

Here they are, two bags much bigger than a PaB cup :cry_happy:

9022_149595577596_733532596_3978195_1350098_n.jpg

I picked these two because all the big power miner wheels, love making PM MOCs. 1 Orange 11 black! :sweet:

9022_149595612596_733532596_3978198_8277951_n.jpg

A fireman minifig lots of accesories a cannon only one wheel some plants and some flame parts.

9022_149598777596_733532596_3978266_8145812_n.jpg

lots of nice transparent parts, some slopes and tiles (and cheese slopes)

9022_149598787596_733532596_3978267_7463369_n.jpg

Some interesting parts up in the top corner, big pile of usefull technic bricks. :wub: and some extra bricks.

9022_149598792596_733532596_3978268_4401302_n.jpg

So what do i have to say about this? well its great! the parts are all brand new no scratches or anything and for only 14.00 well i think that is one heck of a deal! So next time you visit a LEGO Store keep your eyes out for these! :thumbup:9022_149595587596_733532596_3978197_2909213_n.jpg

parts from,

Maximum security transport

Cannon battle

Fireman

Thunder Driller

and possiblyone more wer in these two bags.

First off let me tell you i'm happy you made off with some really nice parts. I have'nt been to a Lego store in a while so I wonder if they do this at all Lego stores?

It changes weekly I'd say, from whatever pieces they have in excess. They are always $8 bags.

That was a nice grab there though, especially those wheels.

Most of the time, the ones I see are filled with a bunch of trans studs. >.>

[-TA-]

Those bags are incredible. I've heard of them, but never actually seen any. Would anyone know if they exist at the Minnesota Mall of America LEGO store? For 7.99 apiece, that's quite a deal.

I recently saw some of these grab bags at my local lego stores. I didn't really give them a good look, but next time I'll be sure to! You found yourself a great deal! :oh3:

If they're $7.99 then it was actually $16 :wink:. That's a pretty nice haul there, what were in some of the other bags?

i saw one filled with red parts (i think from a ferrari set) one filled with a lot of yellow but nothing special and one with some misk brown red and some minifig stuff. these two realy caught my attention the most though. :wink:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be going to my store sometime this week and I hope I get lucky. It's probably on with non-licensed sets though. :hmpf_bad:

Congrats! That's a nice bunch of parts there. I have often seen similar bags at my Lego store, but they didn't have the Lego Club logo on them, and they merely consisted of randomly selected parts from the PAB section. :sceptic: I'll have to check if they have these now too. Could these be left-overs from the Lego Club Meeting bags?

I noticed there are no licensed pieces. I wonder what they do with those? Oh well. That's a great deal! Iv'e seen them do that before, but never bothered asking. Maybe I'll check out my Lego store some time! :tongue:

Nice find. I don't think there are any LEGO Stores here in Australia. I could be wrong, but I've never seen one :sad:

I noticed there are no licensed pieces. I wonder what they do with those? Oh well. That's a great deal! Iv'e seen them do that before, but never bothered asking. Maybe I'll check out my Lego store some time! :tongue:

I did see a ferrari bag. Does that count as licenced?

Wow, those grab bags look really good!

A few months ago, I got a grab bag myself (it was in a different bag than yours, but still cost $8 USD), and it had mostly basic bricks and 45 degree 2 x 4 slopes. :wacko:

Did you try weighing your bag? The grab bag that I got weighed exactly 1 pound, while a large PaB cup ($16 USD?) that I filled weighed 1 pound, 4 ounces. So that means that grab bags are a better deal (and more convenient, since you don't need to fill it!), but you can't choose your parts.

I'll try to find the picture of the contents of my grab bag...

EDIT: Here are the pics (more details will be coming soon in Eilif's PaB essay thread):

grab_bag01.jpg

grab_bag02.jpg

grab_bag03.jpg

Edited by ILikePi

Hate to dig up a fairly old topic. But I'm wondering, Do they still have these? Whats more, Do they have them in the LA stores? They look like quite a deal!

Hate to dig up a fairly old topic. But I'm wondering, Do they still have these? Whats more, Do they have them in the LA stores? They look like quite a deal!

I think TLC sells them off and on, there probably sold in accordance with how quick sets are returned.

Edited by Ratshot

I think TLC sells them off and on, there probably sold in accordance with how quick sets are returned.

I recently asked about the avalibilty at the lego store and they told me that they will almost always have them you just have to ask. Once there was a small bin with only two grab bags, but one of the employees saw me eyeing them and brought out 20 more :oh::classic: .

EDIT: also they get the parts for the grab bags from damaged and or random sets.

Edited by Palms

I recently asked about the avalibilty at the lego store and they told me that they will almost always have them you just have to ask. Once there was a small bin with only two grab bags, but one of the employees saw me eyeing them and brought out 20 more :oh::classic: .

EDIT: also they get the parts for the grab bags from damaged and or random sets.

Sweet! Thanks for that.

Sweet! Thanks for that.

Your welcome :wink: .

Another small piece of info: according to the one of the lego employees they always weed out all licsenced figs and licsenced minifigure parts, but once in a while you may find a complete town fig. However they usually put a lot of heads and town accessories :thumbup: .

Edited by Palms

Your welcome :wink: .

Another small piece of info: according to the one of the lego employees they always weed out all licsenced figs and licsenced minifigure parts, but once in a while you may find a complete town fig. However they usually put a lot of heads and town accessories :thumbup: .

My preferance is definately for parts over figs. However, I'll see how I go when I get there.

I bought one at a LEGO Store here in Southern California last week. Among all the random pieces was four of the Max minifigs. For me, that was already worth the 8 bucks.

3 years ago, the Ontario Mills store in Ontario, Cali always had grab bags. I picked up a few licensed pieces from Batman sets at the time because I was looking for the cheapest way to get 2X4 bricks in yellow and white, and behold the grab bags had what I was looking for. I dunno how frequently they still have them in, but I'm really hoping for it when I go home to visit in 6 months.

I picked up one of those grab bags today, for the first time. I LOVE IT! I got at least 2 dozen printed pieces, 1 very flamboyant minifig lol, and I will be going back tomorrow to pick up another grab bag and ask for star wars pieces. Also they said they were all out, but the person just said I can make you one right now, and went into the back and did. Seriously good deal.

You should call your store and ask.