Set number: 7264

Year of release: 2005

Price: USD 49,99

Parts: 367

Minifigures: 10

7264-1_imperial_inspection.jpg

Vader: "Than perhaps you can tell him when he arrives"

Jerjerrod: "The Emperor is coming here?"

Vader: "That is correct, Commander, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."

Jerjerrod: "We shall double our efforts!"

Vader: "I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

―Jerjerrod and Vader discuss the Emperor's impending visit to the second Death Star

Another one on KimT’s wanted list…

Here’s my second review. The Imperial shuttle, better known as the Lambda-class T-4a.

After I got the 4504 Millennium Falcon I was looking for this review as well and again I was astonished it wasn’t made. Not knowing what exactly to expect I took a chance and got this set anyway. Hope this will help others.

Instruction front

7264_01_instruction_front.jpg

Instruction back

7264_02_instruction_back.jpg

Other pages

7264_03_instruction_page.jpg

Random page

7264_04_instruction_random_page.jpg

Dreaded Sticker Sheet

NONE INCLUDED!!! All printed.

Lego’s description:

The Emperor has arrived!

The Emperor has arrived to inspect the new Death Star! Imperial forces stand at attention as Darth Vader meets the Emperor at his Imperial Shuttle. Recreate the Death Star hangar with a cargo vehicle and command station with moving crane! Protected by his Royal Guards, Emperor Palpatine is sure that no Rebels will disrupt his evil plans. Includes Emperor, Darth Vader, 2 Royal Guards, 2 Imperial Officers & 4 Stormtroopers!

This was the second Lego Star Wars Imperial Shuttle that was released by TLC. The first being set 7166, which was released in 2001. The review on that can be found here, it’s done by ybeline again.

7264_99_arrival.jpg

Emperor Palpatine: "Rise my friend."

Darth Vader: "The Death Star will be completed on schedule."

Emperor Palpatine: "You've done well, Lord Vader. And now I sense that you wish to continue your search for young Skywalker."

Darth Vader: "Yes, my master."

Emperor Palpatine: "Patience my friend. In time he will seek you out, and when he does, you must bring him before me. He has grown strong. Only together can we turn him to the dark side of the Force."

Darth Vader: "As you wish."

— Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader

Minifigures

7264_05_minifigures.jpg

This set displays the arrival of the Emperor to oversee the construction on the second Death Star in Episode VI The Return of the Jedi. Because of that it’s obvious Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader are included. They are guarded by two Imperial Guards, these have the red hands instead of black ones. The four (!) stormtroopers included are a definite plus, and they come with printed trousers. And last but not least 2 Imperial Officers, with smile faces…

I think TLC missed a chance to add Moff Jerjerrod, I think he would have been more in place as he and Darth Vader were present at the Emperor’s arrival.

Also the shuttle doesn’t have a pilot, but I guess the imperial officers are intended to be the pilots just like the flew it in episode VI.

Stormtrooper, printed

7264_05a_stormtrooper.jpg

It doesn’t have a black “head”, later models do.

Other pictures can be found here (when public)

Imperial Inspection Emperor compared to Death Star Emperor

7264_97_double.jpg

“Mmm, you look more menacing that I”

Views:

Front

7264_06_front.jpg

Right

7264_07_right.jpg

Back

7264_08_back.jpg

Left

7264_09_left.jpg

In flight, open wings

7264_10_flight_front.jpg

More pictures:

7264_11_flight_front-side.jpg

7264_12_flight_back-side.jpg

Inside the shuttle, compartement

There is no boarding ramp *tears in my eyes*, this is the alternative:

An opening in the back.

7264_13_shuttle_inside.jpg

There isn’t really an inside because it’s too small.

7264_14_shuttle_inside2.jpg

Cockpit

7264_15_cockpit.jpg

Cockpit, open

7264_16_cockpit_open.jpg

Cockpit, piloted by imperial officers

7264_17_cockpit_pilots.jpg

Cargo transport

7264_18a_cargo_transport.jpg

7264_18b_cargo_transport.jpg

Station crane and lasercanons, front

7264_19a_cargo-crane_lasercanons_front.jpg

Station crane and lasercanons, back

7264_19b_cargo-crane_lasercanons_back.jpg

7264_98_mask-off.jpg

Darth Vader: "Luke...help me take this mask off."

Luke: "But you'll die."

Darth Vader: "Nothing can stop that now. Just for once...let me...look on you with my own eyes."

— Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker

After reading the review of 7166 I came to the conclusion this set is an exact copy of the old set, and has in that matter the same flaws.

The shuttle is small and therefore doesn’t give you the same feeling as the shuttle in the movies. And because it’s small there is no boarding ramp which I find the most memorable part of the shuttle, especially in the scenes where Darth Vader and later Emperor Palpatine exit the shuttle. And not to forget the scene I tried to picture just before with Luke and Darth Vader, just before the second Death Star is destroyed.

The emperor showing his Imperial Shuttle

7264_20_showing.jpg

Ratings:

Design: 3/5, no real flaws, just small compared to what the size should have been and a remake of the old set.

Build: 3/5, all right, nothing special.

Playability: 4/5, high swoosh factor and sturdy enough.

Minifigures: 4/5, 10 minifigures (!), but a missed chance on Moff Jerjerrod.

Price: 4/5, if bought for the original price in 2005 than excellent, but in my case a bit too expensive for what you get.

Overall: 4/5, Even though some scores were below 4 I would still give this set a good overall score.

I’m really looking forward to next years set 8096 Palpatine’s Shuttle.

Although a remake of the Lambda-class T-4a would be in place I hope it will be the Theta-class T-2c shuttle.

Hope you enjoyed this review.

7264 Gallery (when public)

Great review Future74!

This is one of my most favorite LEGO Star Wars sets of all time, and I wish that I had liked LEGO in 2005. If I did, I would have bought this in a heartbeat. Ten minifigures is an amazing amount for a $50 USD set.

It may be overpriced, but the leg-print stormtroopers make up for it. They're worth around $10 each on BrickLink!

I, like Millacol, will also have to try to find one on eBay sometime too. :tongue:

Thank you for the nice review.

50 us dollar is (IMO) a steal for this set. They were only here for sell on shop@ home and they were around 60-70 euro I thought.

It is too bad that this set was so limited in its availability, because it really is a great set. 10 figures, including the only set with the printed Storm Trooper legs, for only $50! If only Lego would do this now. And while the Shuttle was not redesigned from the original release, they also included the command center and small transport. All in all, I really wish that I had gotten this set when it was out.

Thank you for the great review Future74. Your pictures are crystal clear and the quotes you added are a nice touch. You also have just the right amount of photos so the review isn't too long or short. Some box art photos would be nice though.

This is a really great set and your lucky you got your hands on it. I missed out on this one and the ebay price is a little steep for me.

:cry_happy: I love this set and this is a great review. This set was on my most wanted list in 2005, but I never got it :cry_sad:

Thanks for the excellent review, Future74! I always thought this shuttle was undersized, but for the price, and 10 minifigs, I could live with that. I missed out on this set in '05 (I was only collecting UCS then), but if I could get it now for less than £300 I wouldn't hesitate.

This set is possibly my biggest regret. :cry_sad:

Great review of an excellent set. Like others I also lament that sets don't come out at this price point anymore. I think I was lucky to pick one of these up MISB 18 months ago for about USD110.

Will be great to see the printed stormtrooper legs back at some stage in the future.

Thanks for the review! The pictures were great and high quality.

I regret missing out on this set, it really looks great. 10 figures can't be beat, especially when 4 of them are Stormtroopers with printed legs. :thumbup: I like the control station and little cart, it makes the set less boring than it would have been with just the ship, and allows a more realistic recreation of the movie scene.

Just by looking at the design of the ship, you can tell that Lego's design has drastically improved within the past 4 years. It's a great set, don't get me wrong, but just based on some of the features of the current sets (like the synchronized opening doors in the Sep. Shuttle) its quite evident. It also seems that Lego has cut back on (or at least did a better job hiding) random colors in the interior, like the green here.

Thanks for the review of this fantastic set! :classic:

-darthperson

THIS IS MY FAVORITE SET!

why? there are some reasons:

i love the "dark side" ot

i love stormtroopers: and i'd kill for stormtroopers with printed legs

i love the amount of minifigs included

i love a little less the design of the shuttle

i love the scene in the movie

i consider myself lucky to have one and an extra 4 stormies with printed legs. unfortunately the box of the set is a little damaged but the manual and shuttle and the rest is still in very good condition.

very well done review with nice pics and fun to read!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=fenris1310

Edited by fenris

Rufus, you can get this set for MUCH less than £300 - I picked it up MISB on eBay for between £70 and £80 a couple of months ago. There have been one or two more listed since then (boxed but not sealed) which have gone for similar sums.

So go gettit !!

Dr. D.

Rufus, you can get this set for MUCH less than £300 - I picked it up MISB on eBay for between £70 and £80 a couple of months ago. There have been one or two more listed since then (boxed but not sealed) which have gone for similar sums.

So go gettit !!

Dr. D.

Thanks Dr D! Truth is, I'm a bit *scared* of Ebay, but now maybe I'll give it a go .....

Awesome review of a set I despreately want but would never pay the outrageous current price.

I pcked up the emperor off of ebay and want the printed stormie leg's but they are not that important for me.

GREAT review though!

Thanks for your replies! It's appreciated. :cry_happy:

I agree 10 minifigures for $50 (and a set) is an excellent deal, and those days are long gone. I hope the printed legs will return, but I doubt that, as they are more expensive to produce.

Yes, darthperson there is lots to improve, so I hope the shuttle will be re-released one day. For instance as a minifigure USC set like the Tantive IV, and looking more like the awesome MOCs some of our EB members have made, for instance Cavegod or BaronSat or as yours, Rufus which you not so long ago posted.

Those are magnificent. :wub:

Great Review Future74 :thumbup:

I wish I had got this set.

I like it how you did vader kneeling when the emperror came down the ramp. :thumbup:

The newer emperror has bigger eyes and a more angry mouth, he looks kinda funny :laugh:

Good job again!

CommanderFox