Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Grave Stone Ghost Train

traintech1.jpg

Last year, I got busy with Wild West interest and wanted to add a train to the Grave Stone genre. I would start with a lonely little station (the Abandoned Station) and begin delving into train MOCs, which I had never tried before. The result was the Ghost Train collection, initially posted to the EB History & Adventure forum, since the genre related to the Wild West.

Since these creations also relate to trains, I thought I would resurrenct the sub-theme and share the entire collection here in the Train Tech Forum within a single post.

So, I give you Ghost Train - prepare to embarq for mystery...

The initial creation that started the sub-theme, the Abandoned Station. Waiting for the Ghost Train to come can get pretty tiring, especially without dinner:

abandoned_station.jpg

Out of the darkness comes a mysterious train. Are your eyes playing tricks on you?

steam_engine_2.jpg

It is the Ghost Train, as real as the the flesh on your bones. The light-up boiler draws you to the locomotive, as your heart begins to beat faster:

steam_engine.jpg

A skeleton crew maintains the train. The eyes of Shorty McBones, the coal shoveler, glow as he's been staring at the light-up boiler for many years:

skeleton_crew.jpg

The first wagon designed for the Ghost Train is the Haunted Train Coach. A glow-in-the dark apparition with yellow hands provide some humor on the "lighter side".

passengercar2.jpg

A skeletal hand can be seen coming out of the Mysterious Mail Car:

mailcar.jpg

My favorite of the Ghost Train cars is the Frightening Freight Wagon, or should I say Fright Wagon?

freight_wagon.jpg

The Witch's Shanty would provide a mysterious trackside structure. Outside is the witch as she summons the Phantom Rider:

witches_shanty.jpg

A werewolf can be heard howling in the distance near the Moonshine Still:

moonshinestill.jpg

Some skeletal railroad workers are busy working their fingers to the bone:

railroadworkers.jpg

And lastly, the Rickety Water Tower provides water for the Ghost Train:

watertower.jpg

Some additional images of the train:

0ghosttrain.jpg

ghost_train.jpg

And the station:

3336947502_6c45d742c4_o.jpg

A behind the scenes peek of the moving ghost train can also be found here.

This concludes the resurrection of Ghost Train. I hope you enjoy! avghostrider.jpg

Great scott! That moonshine still is freakin awesome. :wub::wub::wub:

There is a great use of a lot of parts in it. I would definitely drink some moonshine from that still, especially if it'll turn me into a werewolf. :skull:

Wow, I'm still amazed at it.

That's spectacular, I love the story line, and the set ups are sweet. Very nice work.

That's funny. Looks fantastic, exspecially in the way you've done it. Looks scary.

That brings me at my death train 7725. I build this one, because a total black version is boring. So I thought, it's a train full of death and scary monsters that can bring death. I let the pic's big now. Take a look inside the train:

k_-_driver_death_train.jpg

k_-_passenger_death_train_-1.jpg

k_-_passenger_death_train_-2.jpg

k_-_passenger_death_train_-3.jpg

k_-_passenger_death_train_-4.jpg

Wow, I'm still amazed at it.

It's funny - the still was just a collection of loose bricks and pieces, but it got a lot of good feedback.

That's spectacular, I love the story line, and the set ups are sweet.

Thanks BC. Each of the creations have their own story that can be found in the Train Tech Index. I have been thinking about puting together a small book of all the Grave Stone creations.

That brings me at my death train 7725.

In 12V style, I like it! I find it very difficult to work with all black pieces, esp. when photographing. I like the different monsters aboard the Death Train, esp. the Mummy.

I actually had one more train wagon that I never shared which was an Egyptian Display boxcar. It didn't come out well, so I never posted a picture. Perhaps I'll look for it and post.