1. 1. Vote your opionion

• Yuck!
    • Not entirely Yuck!
    • Average
    • Better than average
    • Perfect

indexed.gif

Hey,

Following in the footsteps of ADHO15 (and now Skipper24 in the time it's taken me to write this :laugh: ) I've decided to do a review after taking quite a few pictures of the new LEGO promotional set, 30005.

30005.jpg

Currently, it comes as part of a LEGO promotion being run by The Mirror newspaper in the UK; future availability in other countries is unknown at this time.

Set name: Imperial Speeder Bike

Set number: 30005

Theme: Star Wars

Release date: 2009

Price: NA - promotional

Pieces: 31

Minifigs: 1

Resources: Brickset Bricklink UK Mirror Promotion

Bag

We've have a nice shot of this somewhat diminished but no less sleek version of the Imperial Speeder Bike.

30005-00.jpg

Contents

The instruction leaflet is tiny...

30005-01.jpg

...the instructions are brief and easy to follow.

30005-inst.jpg

30005 boasts a great selection fsome really useful parts such as the hose-nozzle, neck bracket and several others including dark bley Castle axes!

30005-02.jpg

Model & Minifig

A couple of minutes is all it takes to assemble... however I don't think Stormies are trained for this kind of task... :wink:

30005-quote.jpg

The Imperial Speeder Bike with rider.

30005-04.jpg

For a small promotional set this isn't bad at all! The bike has some pretty clever parts use and looks very sleek with high swooosh-factor. I'm not sure if I prefer it over the speeder bikes included in some of the sets recently, but with a recolour and some slight modding could make a cool outlaw or bounty hunter's chopper - as I go into later.

View from the rear.

30005-05.jpg

Side view. Swooosh!

30005-06.jpg

Set Potential

The first and most obvious MOD you can make... put a scout trooper on it!

30005-alt.jpg

It would've made much more sense to include a scout trooper with the bike, especially in light of the release of Battle of Endor. Can't complain too much though, an extra stormtrooper is still an awesome addition to my collection!

After thinking about the chopper-like quality of the bike I used several pieces from a 2nd 30005 and came up with this, a swoop bike for my Trandoshan bounty hunter Karn.

30005-alt01.jpg

Rear view of this really easy to build alternate.

30005-alt02.jpg

(His hair is an implant by the way!)

Overview

30005 is a great little promo set: you get a shiny new stormtrooper, a nice little speeder bike with lots of alternate potential and some great pieces for your MOCs! For the cost of a newspaper (or 2) you really can't go wrong. Despite this seeming to me at first the weaker of the minifig sets, it certainly has grown on me. It's not necessarily a keeper in the long run, but the parts are superb and you can make a pretty cool swoop out of 2 sets in less than 5 mins!

Hope you liked this little review despite it being the 3rd (and aren't too fed up with seeing this already)! Together with ADHO15 and Skipper24's you should have a very comprehensive picture of this set!

t.t.f.n. :wink:

Great review pedro!

Your pictures are better than the other two reviews (although I'm not saying that ADHO15 and Skipper 24's reviews are bad - your reviews are great too!), and that really helps show the best of this set. Of course, it still does seem weird to me, but that swoop bike you made looks awesome!

By the way, what font are the words in your first picture? They look really cool, and I might want to use it in some of my future reviews!

Thanks! :classic:

Your pictures are better than the other two reviews (although I'm not saying that ADHO15 and Skipper 24's reviews are bad - your reviews are great too!)

:oh3::tongue: I know his pics are much better than mine.

By the way, what font are the words in your first picture? They look really cool, and I might want to use it in some of my future reviews!

That logo of your name looks like the font from the Playmobil logo. Am I right?

Excellent review, pedro! I love that custom figure and bike as well. :thumbup:

The race is on for tomorrow's set. :laugh:

That logo of your name looks like the font from the Playmobil logo. Am I right?
Yup, the font is called "Blippo". A quick search on the internet for "Playmobil font" gives this result. :tongue:

Okay, now lets stop talking about fonts. :grin:

I can't wait to see reviews of the next set! Is it going to be the droid STAP or the clone walker?

Cheers for the great comments guys... I do like my fonts :wink:

The race is on for tomorrow's set.

Bet you win, you were pretty fast off the mark today! :laugh:

Is it going to be the droid STAP or the clone walker?

Tomorrow the clone walker, mini TIE fighter then STAP - check my link under resources above. Good stuff!

This set seems better than I expected. I think the storime doesn't really fit in the set though. If they put a mercenary in the set it would look better but that would bump in the price up a lot.

Great review

I just realized that the last few images can be swoop bikes from the Clone Wars.

Exactly! Using 2 copies of this set (if you're lucky enough to get 2) gives you a chance to get that bit more creative; a swoop bike is one of the most obvious and fun creations that comes of this.