20 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion on the Cantina

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

I am new to Eurobricks and this is my first review.

Set#: 4501

Year of Release: 2003

Minifigures: 5

Pieces: 193

Original Price: $29.95 (This is what I paid for it at the Downtown Disney LEGO store in Anaheim.)

I've always enjoyed this set. At the time, I thought 30 dollars for a set with only 193 pieces was a lot to spend. However, when I put it together and saw what I got for the 30 dollars, I was very happy. Of course, the value of the set has increased dramatically due to Greedo!

Here is the original "blue" box for this set:

001.jpg

And the original instructions:

002.jpg

One of the best parts of this set is the great selection of minifigures.

003.jpg

From left to right, you have Greedo (more about him below), Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, Luke, Han Solo and a Sandtrooper. Luke and Han have the nice decorated legs.

Of course, the biggest draw to this set is Greedo

004.jpg

He has an amazing head which looks just like his character in Episode IV. He also has the great printed arms similar to Boba Fett in the Cloud City set. And his color scheme looks very nice.

After you put together the minifigs, you move on to the dewback.

006.jpg

After Greedo, this is my favorite part of the set. The dewback is segmented similar to some of the dinosaurs and other ground creatures. Not only is the dewback great but the Sandtrooper is also quite detailed with his pauldron and rebreather. Of course, he decided to have his dewback run over Luke and this is what happened to the dewback when it came in contact with Luke's lightsaber!!!

005.jpg

Next comes Luke's landspeeder. I believe by this point this is the second version of the landspeeder and this is much improved over its predecessor:

007.jpg

It uses the really nice sand red color bricks to accent the top of it and there's a lot more detail than the previous version. It even has different colored engines like the movie. Here's the storage bin for Luke's lightsaber. You can also see more of the detail in the cockpit.

008.jpg

The last model in this set is the cantina itself.

009.jpg

This is by far my least favorite part of the set. While I like some of the accents with the rounded walls and the "bar", this model is WAY too small although the entryway is kind of cool. Also, you can hide Han's blaster under the table before he blows away Greedo!

010.jpg

And here are all the models together.

011.jpg

All in all, I really like this set. It has a lot of playability and Greedo and the dewback are very cool.

Price: 9/10 - At the time I thought it was a lot to pay but Greedo and the dewback really make it worth it.

Parts: 10/10 - A great selection of parts with the sand red and sand blue bricks.

Minifigures: 9/10 - I gave this a 9 because I think it could have included another sandtrooper and threepio and R2.

Build: 7/10 - This was a very easy build. I didn't like the cantina which is why I rated it lower.

Overall: 8.5/10 - A great set. I would certainly pick it up if you get the chance.

post-5524-1252179010.jpg

Despite the obvious lack of "Cantina" in this set, I still like it.

Greedo is awesome and the landspeeder is well designed in my opinion.

A neat little set that also gave us the Sandtrooper and dewback :thumbup:

Thanks for reviewing this for us.

:vader:

Great review. I love Greedo :cry_happy: , shame I missed that dude. :sceptic:

Also that Sandtrooper and giant lizard where also greatly missed, I hope they do a remake of this set. :tongue: With more of the Cantina Element as KimT said. :laugh:

ThE CraZY OnE

Edited by The crazy one