Zepher

Mafstraw Manor: Sign Up

With MOTEE coming to a close, Mafstraw is basically ready to go!

I'll explain all the rules and the game in the sign-in thread. I'd like to just see who is interested now!

If you would like to play, I would like it if you wrote about 5-10 lines about why you think you would be a good player. Somethings that make you a great player! You can just post them below, I don't see any reason to make them private. Thanks!

I would also like to ask people to PLEASE not sign-up if they'll be away during the game. The game could run for about 2 months, so if you have any long breaks, or are afraid you'll lose interest, please don't sign-up. I understand a week long vacation, but anything over about 2 weeks will simply not make sense. Every character is important. I will look at your history as players as well as your writing piece before I pick players.

There are limited spots, so I'm sorry if you are not picked. I feel that it will be very hard to pick people here. I'm afraid I can't pick 50% new players, but if you write a good enough reason why you'd be good, I can promise to not be bias towards oldies :wink:

If you would like to play a certain character, please say so. I can't promise you'll get it, but it's worth a shot, right? Here is the list!

Cast of Characters:

Lord Athranhart (A Lord) -

Mme. Florance (World Famous Chef) -

Cheif Morrison (Cheif of Police) -

Srgt. Johnson (Retired Army Srgt.) -

Amelia Warhog (Famous Fighter Pilot) -

Prof. Rudy (Prof.) -

Rex Harbor (Party Man) -

Father Clarance (Priest) -

Jimmy Thacher (Matinacne Man) -

Thomas Baker (Lawyer) -

Lord Gregor (Lord) - Zepher

-Zepher

I'd like to sign up.

Reasons: I've read quite a few mystery books,

I'm not going on any vacations until next year,

and I think I can contribute alot, I am on this forum alot,

I'm new. :tongue: (joking, of course)

This game looks fun! :sweet:

I wonder if MOTEE will finish soon enough though. :look:

I will join.

Reasons:

1. This will be my first Mystery game.

2. It'll also be the first game I play properly! :tongue:

3. I will contribute (I'll be away a week or so in October)

4. After seeing MOTEE, this looks like lots'a fun :grin: (Striker, quick, join! :pir-grin:

5. I'll get to drama-rize (Is that a word?)

Edited by YG-49

Don't forget to post the reasons. :classic:

Done.

Oh, by the way, I would like to play the lawyer. :sweet:

Edited by YG-49

I would love to join!

Reasons why:

Im good at telling whos bad and good

Im not going anywhere for the next two months

I've only played in only one of these games, and I was only a secondary character

This game sounds great!

Whats a game without a man in a barrel? :tongue:

I'd love to play:

Reasons:

1. Not going anywhere for a long time

2. Always on the forums (atleast 4pm-11:00pm starting the 8th)

3. Sounds fun, and I could use some experience

4. First game I'll actually know what I'm doing

I'd like to play. Reasons:

1. I would have played MOTEE, but I wasn't that active when it started.

2. This will be my first mystery game, but I've always wanted to play one.

3. I would be able to keep up with the story, I'm not going anywhere.

4. I'll wildly accuse have killed off negotiate with all who oppose me.

5. If I don't get in I will be sad.

I'd love to get a spot, Zepher!

I feel I'm a good candidate, because I've played both mystery and mafia games here on Eurobricks, I'm capable of analysing clue (Usually :grin:), and I feel I add to the game. Also, I won't be going away until the winter, and I love playing these games. I'd also like to try my hand at another mystery game, since I think I now know how ones works.

Oooh, I'd love to participate! I think I'd be a fairly good participant. Even if it'd be my first Mystery, I'm good at figuring things out quickly. I have no major vacations or anything in the coming months, so I'd be available to actively participate. I'd also be good at inhabiting the role of whoever I'm possibly assigned to be, so I'd rarely [if ever] break character.

Also, did I ever mention that Zepher is like, totally the best member ever, or like, what? :wink:

I'd like to play,

1) I've played at least ten mafia games. (Not all on these forums)

2) I'm good at mysteries.

3) I'm very active.

I'll sign up, if I can. :sweet:

Anyway, to be honest, I've never played a mystery game before, and since I know you, I thought this would be a good time. (I've been waiting for this...) And I was hoping this would be a good learning experience, but I guess none of these are valid reasons. :wink:

Let's see:

1. I would be able to play for the entire game.

2. I'm active most of the day on EB.

(2/2 I'm a EB freak.)

3. I can figure out clues very quickly, and I figure out most book mysteries before it's even revealed who did what.

4. I may be a first-timer, but I've learned a lot from from reading past mystery games.

I hope you'll consider my participation.

Thanks. :classic:

I'd love to pay if there is a spot open for me. I'm on mon-fri 7-4 at least, I have no vacations planned and I've been reading about these games and would love to try one.

I'm on EB a lot, in fact there is apparently some controversy on if I'm here too much.

I love mystery's and think it would be fun, I won't let you down if you slot a spot open for me.

Nick

Excellent, glad to see the next mystery ready to start once MOTEE finishes, we've been anticipating this one for a while now, Zeph. So yes, I would be interested in playing if you'll have me. I'm sure you know my character and my style by now, I'm fun to have around, I get on well with other players, and I enjoy these games a lot and am willing to put the time and commitment into them.

Have fun hosting this too, it is definitely an experience. :classic:

Ah, this promises to be good. :sweet: I suspect you know a bit about how I play: I'm annoying, I'm a bit clueless, and I often die early. :laugh: Okay, I'll be serious and try to think up some qualities...

I'm an active participant: this has been evident in many other mafia/mysteries (except for a point when I was hospitalized). I'll contribute as often as possible, and I'll try to contribute only what is important and plot-advancing (though the fun things find their way in, too). One of the most important facts is that I enjoy these games - I find that to be perhaps the most vital attribute of a player. If you're not having fun, you're not going to post, and what you do say isn't very informative. :sad: I really don't understand why people that don't LIKE the rules/gameplay sing-up in the first place (this appeared during MOTEE). Another thing, MOTEE was the first mystery game I participated in (unless you count Ditalini) and I've pretty much got the system nailed, even if I've never used the action functions that were available on the train.

Whatever happens, good luck hosting, and I'll be watching. :sweet:

Alice has also asked me to reserve a spot for Shadows, since his computer is going wonkers! I'll leave this open for another day, and then pick my players!

Alice has also asked me to reserve a spot for Shadows, since his computer is going wonkers! I'll leave this open for another day, and then pick my players!

Truthfully, I don't think that's fair. Let's say my computer wasn't working. I don't have anybody who could ask you to save me a spot. Then I'd come in a few days, and ask why you didn't let me know in advance that the sign-up would be while my computer was broken :wink:. That's just my thoughts, though ultimately it's your game.

It's true, you'd be out of luck, as would I, as would most members. But Shadows isn't. It's just chance his computer's out, and just chance again that he has someone who is willing to ask me to reserve a spot for him. Basically, if your computer was out, you'd feel bad that you missed sign-up, but you douldn't fix it. Shadows is just lucky enough to be able to. It's all luck :wink:

It's true, you'd be out of luck, as would I, as would most members. But Shadows isn't. It's just chance his computer's out, and just chance again that he has someone who is willing to ask me to reserve a spot for him. Basically, if your computer was out, you'd feel bad that you missed sign-up, but you douldn't fix it. Shadows is just lucky enough to be able to. It's all luck :wink:

Fair enough.

Boy, I hope I get picked... I've always wanted to play full-time mystery games. :cry_happy:

Ditto.