Norro

Finally the gathering: Ladybird Pirate Books

On the Brickfactory they have 3 versions of this story, In English, German and Dutch. :pir-wink:

Thanks. I never knew it was available on there. I just read the entire (English language) comic :pir-classic:

Thanks. I never knew it was available on there. I just read the entire (English language) comic :pir-classic:

Your Welcome, I'll stick with the dutch for memories. :pir-classic:

Your Welcome, I'll stick with the dutch for memories. :pir-classic:

I never had the comic when I was a kid and I choose to read the English version to learn the names of the characters. I will have to go through the Dutch version when I have some time (when I started reading I didn't think it would be such a - relatively - long story).

I'm am lucky enough to own the Dutch version of it, I bought it a couple of years ago on a cheap goods market ("rommelmarkt" I don't really know how to say it in English).

But I didn't know that there were other stories.

the Inventor

My mum collects ladybird books, so we have all of them but the other book I have been looking for for ages.

I've got all the English version several times over, haven't got them in any other languages though.

Would you mind scanning them/some of the pages - or do you know of a place on the internet where we can see them all, and what's inside them?

thanks

do you whant pics from the 4 little ones or the big danish one

As long as I get to see some of the pics (it doesn't matter from which) I'd be grateful

I'm just curious to see some pics :) and if the scans are from the Danish book, I can check out the Danish names of the figures, places, ships and stuff :)

What's the number on the bottom-right corner to the back of the comic say?

Any luck on scans of the four LadyBook series?

What about the other 3 books:

904 Lego Pirates Capt Roger smells gold

904 Lego Pirates Trouble on Pirate Island

904 Lego Pirates Dark Shark to the Rescue

(see here) - http://www.easyonthe...ird/listing.htm

I think this site clarifies: http://archive.is/aJPvL

Edited by kelceycoe

I know it's old... but did anyone ever scan these books? I have all the German audio dramas and English transcripts and both Activity books and the first comic book but never could find scans of these.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:25 PM, kelceycoe said:

I know it's old... but did anyone ever scan these books? I have all the German audio dramas and English transcripts and both Activity books and the first comic book but never could find scans of these.

I don't have proper scans of them, as the books are too stiff to really fit into a scanner without doing damage to them... But I did take photos of them; not a perfect solution, but they're readable at least. I'll PM you links to ZIPs of them, you can do whatever you want with them from there (re-upload them to your website, etc).

If I may, I have my own personal update regarding the Ladybird books,

Having perused Ebay over the past week, I've seen them crop up on Auctions. So far, I have utilized the 'Buy it now!' Feature for Will and the Gold Chase, Adventure on Shark Island, and The Royal Visit. 

Nothing on Captain Roger's Birthday yet.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:32 PM, kelceycoe said:

I'll be uploading them to my site at http://www.wskel.com/sb/pirates/ in the next few days, watch for them!

Are these scans/photos available anywhere else still for download? The site mentioned appears to be non-existent now.

51 minutes ago, PxChris said:

Are these scans/photos available anywhere else still for download? The site mentioned appears to be non-existent now.

I got my copies of the books.  At work right now,  I'll figure out how I can share them.

Would it be a breach of policy if I were to share them directly on the forums?

I still have all my own scans (well, photos), and I think also the activity book scans from kelceycoe downloaded somewhere. I can get them uploaded somewhere hopefully tonight or tomorrow, if need be. (Assuming that's ok to post here? We allowed links to kelcecoe's scans, so I'm gonna assume it is.)

Edited by jamesster