frontbeast

Finally the gathering: Ladybird Pirate Books

just for fun, i finally got them all, as far as i know, and a little trip down merory lane :pir_bawling:

collection_1.jpg

the top one is in danish, remember in 1989, just laying on the floor with my lego stareing at the sets that i whanted :pir-cry_sad:

backside1.jpg

....and in side loveing the way the drew in the cartoon way the actual sets

fist the eldorado.

eldorado.jpg

and the red seas barracuda, and the secret island :jollyroger:

secret_island.jpg

hope you remember :pir-blush:

Nice work on those books. I remember having Captain Roger's Birthday which I bought at my school fete for some outrageously cheap price :pir-tongue:. How about an overview of the books for those who don't know the stories?

you meen like some rewies or.... :pir-cry_happy:

i remeber seeing the usa. version of the oldest one the birg one, called the golden medalion, ther is a game on the last page.. maybe i should post that to, but in that version there was 2 figures to use for the game.....awesome :pir-tongue:

Wow - I remember those.

I'm Danish, so I can read that magazine. The Black Seas Barracuda is called "Hajtand" which means "Sharks Tooth" :)

I never knew that. It's quite interesting to see the Danish names of those sets.

remember in 1989, just laying on the floor with my lego stareing at the sets that i whanted :pir-cry_sad:

Me too - I wanted all the sets so badly. I still want the BSB. I have the SES, but I'd rather have the BSB because it looks much better. I have the rest of the 1989 line.

I stopped getting LEGO at the age of 13 (around 1993) or so :pir-sceptic: - and entered my dark ages a few years later. I'm glad I'm back now, and my daughter loves all my old Pirate sets.

I'm getting her the Pirates Advent Calendar this christmas

I never knew there were other stories than "Den Gyldne mont". :pir_wacko:

On the Brickfactory they have 3 versions of this story, In English, German and Dutch. :pir-wink:

Brickfactorylink

When you search sets on year it on the first page of sets of 1989

On the Brickfactory they have 3 versions of this story, In English, German and Dutch. :pir-wink:

Thanks. I never knew it was available on there. I just read the entire (English language) comic :pir-classic:

Thanks. I never knew it was available on there. I just read the entire (English language) comic :pir-classic:

Your Welcome, I'll stick with the dutch for memories. :pir-classic:

Your Welcome, I'll stick with the dutch for memories. :pir-classic:

I never had the comic when I was a kid and I choose to read the English version to learn the names of the characters. I will have to go through the Dutch version when I have some time (when I started reading I didn't think it would be such a - relatively - long story).

I'm am lucky enough to own the Dutch version of it, I bought it a couple of years ago on a cheap goods market ("rommelmarkt" I don't really know how to say it in English).

But I didn't know that there were other stories.

the Inventor

My mum collects ladybird books, so we have all of them but the other book I have been looking for for ages.

I've got all the English version several times over, haven't got them in any other languages though.

Would you mind scanning them/some of the pages - or do you know of a place on the internet where we can see them all, and what's inside them?

thanks

do you whant pics from the 4 little ones or the big danish one

As long as I get to see some of the pics (it doesn't matter from which) I'd be grateful

I'm just curious to see some pics :) and if the scans are from the Danish book, I can check out the Danish names of the figures, places, ships and stuff :)

What's the number on the bottom-right corner to the back of the comic say?

Any luck on scans of the four LadyBook series?

What about the other 3 books:

904 Lego Pirates Capt Roger smells gold

904 Lego Pirates Trouble on Pirate Island

904 Lego Pirates Dark Shark to the Rescue

(see here) - http://www.easyonthe...ird/listing.htm

I think this site clarifies: http://archive.is/aJPvL

Edited by kelceycoe