Sign in to follow this  
k100m

MOC: Old-school fire engine

As soon as the first pictures of the awesome new 10197 Fire Brigade become available online, I've noticed that the fire engine in the set isn't as cool as the rest of the set.

img_6117.jpg

Since I was in the process of research for my 1930s LEGO project - one day I'll finish it - I've decided to build the engine to match the beauty of the building.

img_6141.jpg

This is not a scale model of the real truck, it's my view of the trucks of the 1930s, mainly inspired by Russian GAZ-AA (which, in turn, is the copy of the famous Ford-AA produced in USSR)

img_6145.jpg

At that time the fire engines had open benches made of wood for the crew behind the cabin, the water tank above the rear axle, the pump were in the front or under the tank. Also the engines were equipped with fire hoses, the hoses to take water from the nearest reservior, the fire hydrant and a couple of fire extinguishers.

img_6140.jpg

Not every fire engine was equipped with the electric/gas siren, but each had a fire bell - this tradition came from the era of horse-driven fire engines. The fire chief was responsible for striking the bell.

img_6156.jpg

The fire truck has arrived to the place and the team has started the preparations: it's time to turn the pums on and to draw the fire hoses...

img_6159.jpg

"Ther's no water in the tank, man!!!"

You can find some additional photos of the truck and chassis at my Brickshelf gallery.

Simply beautiful. I like the new shape you've achieved here and there's load of nice details at the back. Good work! :thumbup:

Very nice!

Excellent MOC with cool pictures.

The only thing it lacks is the your fire truck with 10197 :) Hopefully will have a chance to combine them on 20th September, so don't forget to take your fire truck!

And I'm eager to see the "1930s project" you've mentioned... It sounds great and I hope it will look great too.

K100m: first, let me welcome you to Eurobricks. It's great to have you join us, esp. as a very nice Town creator.

It's high quality MOCs like this one with vivid pictures that I really enjoy seeing. I love this little engine! :wub: It reminds me a lot of the highly detailed vehicles in 10200 Custom Car Garage, esp with the doors. Very nice!

I like all the little extra details like the side hose, ladder, and that classic town fire fighter w/white helmet.

This is an A+ creation and would go so well with the new Fire Brigade set.

In about 6 hours, you'll find this creation blogged on Classic-Town.net. Make sure you check it out.

Top notch! :thumbup:

Really nice truck. Matches the building well.
This is the point we (I mean DoubleBrick members) are not quite sure in... We haven't had a chance to put the engine by the fire station so far. Hopefully we'll have this opportunity soon, though LEGO is not selling 10xxx in Russia.

Also it was very pleasant fact that two 30s trucks appeared on the same date! Looks like LEGO has launched the retro-mania with the new product! :)

Although USSR engine in US firestation? ;)
Since GAZ-AA was a copy of the Ford truck... I think that it's Ford AA actually - to match the American style of the Fire Brigade.

mb-YF06fire.JPG

You've made a very cool fire truck, i love the clever use of the roof plate as back wall for the cabin. :thumbup:

And welcome to Eurobricks, this is one way to introduce yourself!

You truck is very nice and would take place in the set. Wow!!

Edited by Cavannus

Thanks, guys.

It is big pleasure for me that my work has work received so many flatter responses :classic:

Hi k100m,

I blogged you but I couldn't find a Roman letter version of your name. Could you tell me your real name?

Tim

Hi Tim,

It is a great honor to me, thanks.

You have correctly written my name.

Hi k100m,

that's a beautyfull fire engine you've build there. :classic::thumbup:

That will look absolutely stunning with the new 10197 fire station set.

So many details you've put on it, I just love it. :wub:

Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

As promised before - k100m's fire engine hits the LEGO Street:

img_6486.jpg

img_6492.jpg

Many thanks to LEGO Community Development for making this happen and to Phantoms.su community for the fest (check more photos HERE - text is in Russian)

Really nice 'action' pictures. This definitely is the engine that should have been included with the set, since it has the same level of detail and realism as the buildings in the Modular series.