traintech1.jpg

03-7745.jpg_thumb.jpg

Name: High-Speed City Express Passenger Train

Set No.: 7745

Theme: LEGO / SYSTEM / Trains / 12v / Train Set

Year: 1985

Pieces: 696

Minifigs: 10

Price (when it was in stores): USD 160,-$ (which equals about EUR 140,-€)

Price nowadays (2d hand): USD 200,-$ (which equals about EUR 165,-€)

7745.jpg

This train is also called, the concorde. It's the replacement of the good selling and famous 7740. The chosen colors are a good choice. Looks good and fast. Unfornatuly, this set has no speedregulator. It had to be bought seperatly. Lucky it has a little circle of track included. It has a long station also, were the minifgs can get on or off the train.

Before I show more pic's of mine 7745, I've to tell about the extra wagon I've added to this great train. I made wagon 4547 in the colors of 7745. It's a long distance train and in this way passengers can also sleep during their travel. Too bad lego never made a set for adding a wagon.

a_-_great_shot_7745.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click on pic to get a bigger one

Left side:

a_-_left_view_7745.jpg_thumb.jpg

Right side:

a_-_right_view_7745.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lets check the inside of the trains too. First the loc itself:

b_-_inner_view_7745_-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

The 2d wagon:

b_-_inner_view_7745_-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

The 3d wagon, the inside of 4547 in 7745 color style and with chrome watertaps:

c_-_clubwagon_for_7745.jpg_thumb.jpg

b_-_inner_view_7745_-3.jpg_thumb.jpg

And the last wagon:

b_-_inner_view_7745_-4.jpg_thumb.jpg

And what you have to do, if you've 2 sets of this train. You can't seperate form eachother. Well I changed the shutters form the locomotive. And the one with the red shutters has a lights in the front and back.

h_-_how_to_separate_same_trains.jpg_thumb.jpg

And as common with grey area 12v trains, ther're instructions included to build a second model with bricks of 7745:

b_-_second_model_of_7745.jpg

Playability: 7/10 (With 10 minifigs, a great playability. I miss some extra's to this set.)

Design: 9/10 (It look fatastic, what do I need to say more about it?)

Price: 7/10 (Nowadays second hand it's affortable, even for starters. When it was in stores, it was quite expensive.)

Overall: 8/10 (An easy and not expensive set to get your hands on. Design is good and many passengers.)

In my childhood I wanted this train my second train, beside mine first 7710. But it was a very expensive train at that time in stores and the 7722 had some discount. The choice was easily made by my parents and even with an 12v motor 7865 and an extra wagon 7813 cheaper then a single 7745. After mine drak ages I bought the 7745 form internet. When it arrived, I thought: 'I want them all :grin: '.

Edited by AFOL12v

Wow Panda, yet another 12V classic! Your collection is truly amazing. I'm loving these 12V trains. :wub:

This was never one of my favorites; however, after seeing this review, I really like the red and black colors and the overall design. The set certainly has a lot of extra detail that I enjoy seeing, like the interior of the engine (esp. with the old grey space control slopes - nice!) I like your custom observation car. I'd love to see a close-up picture of this MOC. It looks great, and makes a perfect addition to the set.

What I really like is the building as part of the alternate model. How great is that to have instructions for a completely different model, and not just a train? This is a fantastic "value-added" feature of this set.

On a side note, I think I've got all your reviews indexed and have added polls. If I missed one, just let me know.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I find this train truly train-tacular! Some do not like its front and back sections, but I find the whole train soo great! I wanted it much when I was a child, but the first train sets I got were released at the very beginning of the 9V era. Not getting 7745 prevented me from the frustration of having a discontinued system with no rails to add.

Thanks Panda9001100 for these wonderful pictures!

Well, this is my all-time favorite train! (...and one of the all-time favorite Lego sets in general.)

The colours, the shape, the minifigs, ( I'm having a deja vu right now, I think I have re-written those in the past :wacko: ) the overall feeling that this set leaves is truly great!

As far as I can recall, it was the first modern looking train TLG had ever released and I was really impressed when I was a child. Unfortunately, it was out of stock when I made the effort of purchasing it and I ended up with the 7735.

I think I'll give it one more try. :cry_happy:

Thanks again Mr Trainer. :grin:

EDIT: Found the deja vu reason.

For a moment, I thought I was losing it :hmpf: .

Edited by Zorbas