cole

Force cyclone

indexed.gif

First off, sorry about the name, I had no clue what to call this...

Pretty much just an experiment, wanted to see if I could manage to get somthing that looked half-way realistic. Just a Jedi swirling some rocks around her trying to hit the Sith.

3883367584_e6346647d8_o.jpg

3882574939_6c08d121e0_o.jpg

3883367648_6d0c192cc6_o.jpg

So wudda you think?

I think it's excellent! :sweet: It really looks believable, and it's instantly recognizable what's going on.

Keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Amazing technique cole :thumbup: . Of all the attemps I have seen that try to capture a Force power this is by far the best :cry_happy: . The whole diorama looks incredible and it looks very realistic. Keep up the great work :thumbup: .

I agree.

This may be an experiment, but it's clearly visible what's happening and thus your experiment must be a success.

Now when are you going to use this for 'real'?

Survey Says: Excellent Technique, Cole. :thumbup: A great utilization of trans clear pieces. I can wait to see the real thing in action. Any chance of you doing any other force powers?

-May the Force Cyclone be with you.

This looks brilliant, cole! :sweet:

You've really achieved a great, realistic technique there. Watch out, Darth Gunray! :tongue: ]

Well done! :thumbup:

THis has to be my favorite scene ever, you did an excellent job of recreating this type of scene. Even the tubing kind of looks like wind.

Excellent job.

I saw this on flickr and I love the design :blush:. Have you tried this with minifigs hanging on. :devil:

Great moc! I really like both of your jedi and the scene is very action packed. Your title is also very fitting for the moc. It really does look like a cyclone.

What set are those transparent tubes from? I don't think I've seen them in a lego set before.

It looks very realistic! Good work, the rocks really look like they're caught in a cyclone.

Edited by Torax

Great experiment cole, it worked a treat! Using the transparent tubing is inspired!

I'm all about capturing minifigs and models in dynamic poses and your technique here is really cool; it'll be great to see how you develop and integrate it into your future projects. I wouldn't be surprised to see this inspiring several creations from our fellow MOCers :classic:

Yeah it is. It's also solid. By that I mean its not hollow.

http://exoforce.lego.com/en-US/buildingins...ns/default.aspx

If you look at 7700 to 7703 you can see them. They are plugged into a light pack which is at the back of the mechs and when you press a button it lights up the beam (red) to the weapon to indicate its powered up. The tubing is very flexible as the arm has almost full articulation so it has to be able to bend with the arm.

Yeah it is. It's also solid. By that I mean its not hollow.

http://exoforce.lego.com/en-US/buildingins...ns/default.aspx

If you look at 7700 to 7703 you can see them. They are plugged into a light pack which is at the back of the mechs and when you press a button it lights up the beam (red) to the weapon to indicate its powered up. The tubing is very flexible as the arm has almost full articulation so it has to be able to bend with the arm.

Sweet, I bet I can find some of these on bricklink, as the EXO-FROCE sets do nothign for me.

Awesome 'experimental' techniques you have created. The combo of tubing, bricks and clips is just amazing. I don't know if you have any more of the stuff (tubes) but a fight scene between a jedi and sith would be great, similar to what you have done but on a grander scale. Great work :thumbup:.

Edited by Skipper 24

Wow Cole, that's a great technique. (Mind if I use it? :grin: ) It looks just right. I'll have to buy a couple of these tubes on Bricklink as I never bought an Exo-Force set.

This is nothing short of awesome.

You had a great idea using those light brick tubes from the old Exo-Force sets.

It looks realistic too.

Great job cole :thumbup:

Kudos on this piece. I love the chaotic look as rock and debris swirl violently across the scene! Good use of the tubing; I'd want to use this technique in an earthquake vig I'm doing.

3883367584_e6346647d8_o.jpg

Awesome stuff, Cole! You've really captured the Force in action here.

Only one teensy criticism: clean your baseplate! :classic: