Rate the set  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

i bought mine in a Toys'r'us if I remember well (It was a present for christmas bought by my parents),

Here are the pictures :

>snip<

Oh, nice! Maybe it's a geographical thing, if you're in France. I'm a bit jealous of your box.

I've also got the colourful box. My set was I believe originally bought at Legoland Windsor (i.e. UK) although I got it second hand.

Thanks for the photos of the new Tantive IV. Looks bigger than I expected, although the engines do look rubbish and undersized. NO doubt I'll still get it anyway - can't help myself !

Dr. D.

My RBR came with the colour box also however inside was the B+W one. Unfortunately I don't know where the set was bought originally as I purchased it MISB from Ebay a year ago. I'd always assumed the discrepancy in boxes was due to the colored one having deteriorated on many of these old sets. Certainly I've seen this coloured box advertised as 'rare' compared to its counterpart, something I wasn't aware of when I tracked down my own RBR at a reasonable 2008 price, but you can imagine my surprise when I broke the seals just to discover the B+W box inside with yet more seals to break. Guess I got lucky!

BTW thanks for the great review Rufus. I particularly liked your pick-up on how many classic basic bricks are in the set. I couldn't help but get flashbacks to childhood days when building the mid-section of the RBR block after big block! Given the piece count is under 2000 you still end up with a very large, impressive model which holds its own against the larger UCS sets. I can't help but hope TLC releases a similar classic UCS set in the not so distant future as the majesty of these builds is hard for me to resist!!

As for the new Tantive IV I'd say it's proportions are probably slightly more accurate (although the playset nature of it doesn't appeal to me). Check out this image I took from the recent Star Wars Science and Myth exhibition....

Edited by Aeroeza

Thanks so much for reviewing this set, I have looked longingly at it in the past, and with no review in the index it was hard to take in all the nice details. Your review has shown a great deal of detail and a great commentary on how the set looks and is built. Thanks a lot.

Amazing Review Rufus :thumbup:

I wish I had the money and space to have bought this when it was out but sadly missed it.

Hopefully I have a chance of getting the new one. :sweet:

Great Review!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Rufus, I think I should save up a LOT of money before I read your reviews, they make me have a wild craving for the set in question, and they usually cost a hell of a lot on eBay. Awesome review, you are definitely a 'UCS reviewer magnifico!' (quote: you)

Rufus, I think I should save up a LOT of money before I read your reviews, they make me have a wild craving for the set in question, and they usually cost a hell of a lot on eBay. Awesome review, you are definitely a 'UCS reviewer magnifico!' (quote: you)

I have to agree Rufus. You've done a wonderful job. I've built all the UCS' and I have to say you've captured the idiosyncrasies of each model placed under your critical eye. A few remain to be reviewed (Maul comes to mind) and I hope you're in a position to do so. I'd have done so myself but you've set a rather spectacular standard.

Great stuff!

Rufus - an excellent review of an excellent set. This was the first UCS I got and to date the most enjoyable build I've got from a set. I wasn't quite prepared for the length of it when completed. I can still remember the "woah" when you first really appreciate it's size. Just recently my cat sent it flying to the floor. I've sent it over to my nephew to reassemble and he's having a great time with it too. Thanks again for the review.

Thanks everyone. This was my first ever review, and if you compare this to the later ones, you'll see the quality improves. When I have the time I'll update this with better pictures.

you are definitely a 'UCS reviewer magnifico!' (quote: you)

Thanks! Actually the title was given to me by (I suspect) either KimT or WhiteFang; you can't give yourself a title!

A few remain to be reviewed (Maul comes to mind) and I hope you're in a position to do so.

Alas, I don't have Maul, so that review will have to be done by someone else. :sad:

i still think this is one of Lego's best display sets ever. My only problem is, well actually, i have two problems: one, i don't have it, two, it's not minifig sized... However, i have been thinking of building a minifig sized one not so long ago... but that's a bit too long... where on earth would i be able to put it...

but it is time for a new lego UCS version, though... if they can sell a UCS MF, then surely a blockate runner of 5000 bricks would be equally succesfull...

I bought mine a couple of years ago for the ungodly sum of $500 sealed, and I've never regretted it. I've never dismantled it, and am only planning on doing so now because I'm decorating the room. I've put all the stickers on bar the two along the top, it really makes it all look even better.

The box difference, I think, is that the B&W only was for S@H orders, while the coloured box was for retail.

I was reading this review earlier and it occurred to me that it was probably worth mentioning in any review of this set that the sticker sheet seems to suffer from the same problems as the original Republic Gunship, in that the stickers, especially the white stickers applied to the engines curl up and can become brittle with time. Interestingly I've had mine on a bookshelf since it was built a few years ago and the stickers on the side facing the back of the bookshelf aren't as badly affected. If anyone is debating whether or not to apply stickers to this set I suggest this aspect is considered unless you've managed to procure a second sticker sheet to maintain the sets long-term value.

Cheers for the review :classic:

This is one of the best SW sets ever released, It looks stunning. I'm quite sad It's so expencive now days. I've still got my eye out in case I ever see one at a near good price, And I'll snap it up. It's the only UCS I'm yet to get :sceptic:

Looking forward to the day I do get it though. It looks incredible :oh:

Thanks again for the review :wub:

Hello everyone!

My first post here, just recently decided to get back into Lego (as most I haven't really had Lego since i was a kid, but now decided to jump into the deep end right away and bought some second hand Star Wars models, amongst other this beauty.

Sadly the instructions are missing, I have done some searches but haven't really been able to find anyone selling just instructions at least for this model. So I am just wondering whether there are any pages except ebay where one can find used instruction manuals? I know I can get the instructions online, but was thinking that just in case I want to sell this on later again, the value should go up if I had the instructions.

... So I am just wondering whether there are any pages except ebay where one can find used instruction manuals? ...

Bricklink... the number 1 site when shopping for LEGO parts, minifigs or in this case an instruction booklet.

Thanks a lot! Now i'll just have to check to see how much postage is from the US, will probably be more then the instructions themselves..

Still waiting for the set to actually arrive, guess I have to make due with the 6211 Star Destroyer for now, really enjoying getting back to building Lego.

As I wrote in your other topic about sets and instructions, you can also look on Peeron here for scans of the instructions if you don't care about having the physical booklet and want to save some precious money.

Nice review. Liked it a lot. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks. This was my first ever review. If you liked this one, you should really check out the later ones. :laugh:

I have been asked to do a real UCS sticker for the RBR 10019. Feel free to print it and display it with your model.

60128410019.jpg

Brilliant review rufus! I've always wanted this set.

Hopefully it's available on amazon.

Whoa, blast from the past! I recently picked up one of these sets with sealed bags/inner boxes. I'm surprised this set doesn't get as much love as some of the older UCS sets. Thanks for the review. Since there's no photos of the original bag breakdown I will snap some photos when I eventually get around to building this set.