Sign in to follow this  
CloneCommanderDelta7

The SHORT CIRCUIT

indexed.gif

This might be my first true MOC that I've displayed here (the other one being the UT-AT which seemed to be a hit, but that was in the competition section) so I'll try to be on my best behaviour of presenting this. I built this ship with a grudge of the Republic Cruiser that has no room, no weapons and only its looks to make it good. Why did I buy it? Don't ask me!

The Short Circuit...

2005_01010159.jpg

When I was building this, I started with the engines, which went surprisingly well. I thought it would never work but I tried anyway. Then I moved onto the central frame. The centre (dig that Aussie spelling :tongue::laugh: ) was simple and pretty plain until we come to the cockpit. That was one hell of a build as the construction was rife with uncertainties. How do the pros (like Rook and the others) do it??????

2005_01010211.jpg

That windscreen and the roof between those giant cones was the trickiest part of the build. The thing that was hard to figure out was how to attach the cones to themselves and then how to attach them to the frame and so they can open up. The answer was a technic pin-holed straight thing that connected to the bricks that had pin-holes. This allowed it to be stiff enough that it wouldn't fly open and still maintained flexibility.

After the cockpit is created the last panels are created without much fuss. Then detailis are added like the guns and the comm array.

2005_01010183.jpg

There is a quad-cannon and tractor beam with spotlight for orbital racconaisance (terrible spelling :hmpf::look: ) runs.

2005_01010230.jpg

2005_01010228.jpg

2005_01010232.jpg

2005_01010170.jpg

EVERYBODY! THE SHORT CIRCUIT!!!! (Applausing)

The Crew

2005_01010165.jpg

HOTH MARINES

2005_01010207.jpg

An special ops member Coloniel Grier

2005_01010220.jpg

And his brother, loyal mechanic and skillled arms member, Dara

Goodbye!

Very nice. I like the large oversized engines at the back.

The crews sound pretty mean. How come the ship is named Short Circuit?

Cool ship used from the republic cruiser. I like the turret on the underside of the ship, I like how you used brown pieces to mix it up a bit. The oversized engines make it look really powerful. I like your hoth marines they look really cool.

Great work!

Wonderful, Delta! :sweet:

It looks big and bulky, yet still realistic and sort of good-looking. :tongue: The interior looks a bit bigger, but more cramped. It's hard to tell from that one picture.

I assume the pilots have screens and cameras, as the windscreen is in the middle with the pilots on either side? :grin:

The engines look big and powerful, as would be needed on a big heavy ship like that.

Great work! :thumbup:

Hey, I love your idea! I think it's a great way to make a Tantive-Radiant crossbreed, but the one feature you cut off was that both ships were longer. The wideness is more than perfectly okay, but if it was longer with the same wideness, i think it'd look more balanced. :thumbup:

The crew is great, and in a way I kind of like the bulkiness!

This is a clone army ship? *huh* I don't see any clones, only rebels. And the color scheme would need to be white with only a little bit of dark red. :sceptic: It also looks a bit thrown together, mostly due to the big holes, but as an alternative build to the RC, it's pretty good. Nice idea to combine the designs of the RC and the Tantive. :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I really like this! :thumbup: I agree with Darth Legolas, good crossover between Repubic Cruiser and Tantive. It could almost be an alternative model for the RC.

The bulkiness is actually quite Star Wars - many of the SW ships are a bit workhorsey (Falcon, Twilight to name but two) and the YT variants show that variations on a basic design are commonplace.

Good work getting a useable interior, tho' it does look a bit cramped. What is the ambulance stretcher for (if that is not a very silly question)?

It sounds like the good and bad comments are kind of mixed up so I guess the UT-AT is still the best MOC I've made so far.

A bit of ERA ERROR seems to be loose here.

The ship was named Short Circuit as a joke about battle droids or to be intimidating. The crew could have been Ex-Republic Soldiers and traitors to the Empire or they could have been Republic Soldiers at the moment. But I didn't classify the era, did I???

The stretcher is part of a wounded area such as a medic area (forgot what the correct name for a medic wing is)

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

How do they see out of the cockpit? Cool MOC though.

Do they have to for interstellar travel? :grin:

Isn't it all computers and screens anyways?

A nice MOC, though it looks a little as if you've cut the Republic Cruiser in half.

Keep up the good work :thumbup: