KimT

Battle Pack Contest Rules & Discussion

That sounds like a great idea, I will most definitely give it a try, even though I have no idea on what to build so far.

Well, I guess I can come up with something.... :tongue:

Superb idea for a contest and I love the prizes. Cheers KimT!

Thinking cap - ON!

Edited by pedro

[*]Only one entry per member.

It's tempting to make two sets, like the other battle packs, there is always an opposite battle back, good and evil.

You can all expect all Tusken battle pack from me! I'm just glad this is started before school, so I can have the time for it!

KimT, I don't know if this has been asked before, but:

If somebody already posted their entry of a particular species, are we allowed to post our entry about that same species?

Edited by booger540

awesome!!! those prizes look amazing! what would be even better is if that tie fighter had a chrome vader in it , :cry_happy: but i doubt it. i've got an interesting idea, something very original.... now i just need an idea how ill build it...!

Sorry, if this is a bad question, but it is allowed to create fantasy vehicles or must it be a vehicle from the films or the expanded universe?

Sorry, if this is a bad question, but it is allowed to create fantasy vehicles or must it be a vehicle from the films or the expanded universe?

Fantasy?

"Whatcha mean Fantasy?"

If you mean as in "made up", then of course you may do so.

Fantasy?

"Whatcha mean Fantasy?"

If you mean as in "made up", then of course you may do so.

O sorry, i ment made up. Well, then I begin to design now!

• No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.

So the pieces HAVE to be from BPs, or just not big pieces?

So the pieces HAVE to be from BPs, or just not big pieces?

They don't have to be from BPs, but in terms of part selection, they should fit in with the style of a BP. E.G. no BURPs or other very large bricks, no huge and <insert that tiresome argument> "crater" baseplates, etc. etc. Make a small vehicle in the style of a BP and you'll be fine. :wink:

Indeed.

Thanks Millacol88 for pointing that out.

3rd Place Prize:

What 2nd place winner didn't choose.

Check the custom prizes here.

FAIL.

Last contest you said the EB Obi-Wan was one-of-a-kind.

FAIL.

Last contest you said the EB Obi-Wan was one-of-a-kind.

And it is.

There is only one ever made.

:hmpf:

If you've cared to read the announcing of the winners, then you'd know that the one who won this particular prize said he didn't want it as he was in it for the contest and not the prize.

Careful when pointing fingers young padawan. :hmpf_bad:

And it is.

There is only one ever made.

:hmpf:

If you've cared to read the announcing of the winners, then you'd know that the one who won this particular prize said he didn't want it as he was in it for the contest and not the prize.

Careful when pointing fingers young padawan. :hmpf_bad:

My title describes me perfectly yet again. :blush:

My title describes me perfectly yet again. :blush:

:laugh:

It sure does.

KimT, I don't know if this has been asked before, but:

If somebosy already posted their entry of a particular species, are we allowed to post our entry about that same species?

Yes of course you are.

I'm dying to see a Mandalorian Battle Pack

awesome!!! those prizes look amazing! what would be even better is if that tie fighter had a chrome vader in it , :cry_happy: but i doubt it. i've got an interesting idea, something very original.... now i just need an idea how ill build it...!

Erhm...what!

Slow down and try using spaces and the <shift> button for capital letters.

Kim I want to thank you for putting such a long time frame for this, I havent had a chance to even sit down and think about it, but it's good to know I have the whole month.

I had the idea to do a Geonosian Battle Pack, but an hour later I noticed that Rocky already made one. Am I allowed to make one as long as it's different, or does each battle-pack have to be a unique idea?

Thanks in advance,

(Sorry if this has been asked before.)

Yes, it has been asked, and the answer is yes, you may make a battle pack of one that has been made by someone else; race, species, faction, team, whatever. No one has the exclusive rights to anything. Except maybe George Lucas.

Now, to start designing my Staff entry....

I had the idea to do a Geonosian Battle Pack, but an hour later I noticed that Rocky already made one. Am I allowed to make one as long as it's different, or does each battle-pack have to be a unique idea?

Thanks in advance,

(Sorry if this has been asked before.)

Well I assume you're allowed to make one, don't be discouraged just because Rocky posted his first. You can get inspiration from his, but naturally a downright blatant copy would be frowned upon.

One can't expect everyone to post a totally unique idea, I expect to see at least a few Battle Packs that have the same species/side in them, but certainly not an attempt to copy another one's vehicle.