Sign in to follow this  
einsteinonthebeach

MOC: Hill House; Homage to the Horror Genre

indexed.gif

Here is my latest MOC. I hope you enjoy it!

Hill House; Homage to the Horror Genre; a LEGO Creation by Mark Bauer

Dimensions:40''x25''

Build Time:Approx. 60 hours over the course of 2 months

Pieces Count:Approx. 10,000

Key Features

-Many vignettes related to the Horror Genre [fear of spiders, snakes, dogs, clowns]

-One of the first, if not the first, LEGO Pentagram designs, with cow sacrifice on top :devil:

-Light up brick feature in the spider cavern

0025_overall_view.jpg

0048_overall_back_view.jpg

Many more images available at:

Brickshelf (When Public): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=399552

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/einsteinonthe...57622202635220/

Please feel free to leave some feedback or else...

0072_killer_clown.jpg

The Killer Clown will get you in your sleep! :devil:

MLB

Oh my. This is... genius! A truly brilliant, detailed piece of work Einstein, there is so much to take in! I must go browse your picture folder.

I love the all the architectural detail in particular, it makes a lovely backdrop to all the action. That pentagram is nice too. :wink:

There is so much to see, I really don't know what to say. :blush:

Wow. This is outrageously good and detailed. Even as a stand alone thing it's great but with all the small references.. :thumbup:

An amazing MOC, Einstein! I think it really does the horror genre justice, and the intricacies of this building are astounding. If I would make two suggestions, however, it would be an organ somewhere and maybe removing the snake from the tree (I don't know how it could really get up there in the first place).

Also, I thought the pentagram particularly interesting, due to the design challenges that you (apparently) had to overcome.

I'm speechless :o perfect build, the detail, composition, structures, action,.. all are top class!

Pentagram is deffinatly unique :thumbup:

That Jester scares the hell out of me :tongue:

Edited by Perterz

A wonderful creation indeed. ) Great details and architechtural skills! ) :classic::thumbup:

As a well-known clown-hater, I really was scared by this: :laugh:

0072_killer_clown.jpg

The Killer Clown will get you in your sleep! :devil:

A-a-a-a-a-a-a! I HATE CLOWNS!

Great work! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you. ) :classic:

Oh my god, this is......beautiful, wonderful, AWESOME!!! This is really a masterpiece! I like everything about it. The details on walls, the front stairs, flowers outside the fortress, the crazy clown, choosing colors, blood spouted from walls and the spider-cave - the atmosphere you made is really great.

Edited by FlyChicken

Wow, this is an awesome MOC! I love the blood pouring from the walls, the pentagram, and my favorite, the blood aqueduct!

Looking at your moc, I am even more convinced my life will not be complete without spending thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on lego bricks and minifigs to make some giant moc. preferably of multiple themes.

Lovely! Great castle, with a lot of action and even more details! :wub:

I especially love the blood pouring out of the building, and the pentagram! Actually I like everything!

Except for that creepy clown there, it scares me, it will hunt for me when I'm asleep.... :look:

Oh my god.

I almost cried when I saw this... I don't know if any word or phrase can describe this.

:cry_happy:

Oh my god, that's wounderful, no, that's not wounderful, that's awsome. :thumbup:

My personal favourite is the killer clowm, but why he looks so seriusly?

Or laugh he only if he kills someone?

Thanks everyone for all the comments. I'm glad you all liked it and weren't too disturbed by the subject matter. Surprisingly, when I displayed this MOC at the LEGO Store at the Mall of America I never received a complaint. Most of the parents loved it and thanked me for inspiring their children to build their own creations.

Now, back to work on a much less macabre MOC.

MLB

It's a good build with a great design and has lots of features, but from the images and your own writing you seem to be making out that the pentacle is an evil symbol when actualy it was just a religious symbol that has been twisted by an important religous group ,who I will not name because I could be penalised, and it has also been twisted by filmakers. The symbol is in fact a pagan symbol, yes they made the odd sacrifice but the symbol was what they thought of as a peace and purity symbol.

It's a good build with a great design and has lots of features, but from the images and your own writing you seem to be making out that the pentacle is an evil symbol when actualy it was just a religious symbol that has been twisted by an important religous group ,who I will not name because I could be penalised, and it has also been twisted by filmakers. The symbol is in fact a pagan symbol, yes they made the odd sacrifice but the symbol was what they thought of as a peace and purity symbol.

Well most ignorant people (mainly the inquisition/etc) saw pagans as heretics, satanists, etc.

That is beautiful!! I've been a long time fan of the horror movie genre, and as such this MOC has won it's way into my heart. I love the way you did the pentagram, the rivers of blood and how there's a plethora of spiral staircases. :wub: