Siegfried

[Comic] De-Classic-Space (Episode 1a)

Comic first, explanation later!

D-C-SA01.jpgD-C-SA02.jpg

D-C-SA03.jpgD-C-SA04.jpg

D-C-SA05.jpgD-C-SA06.jpg

I've been wanting to do a space-based comic for a long time. Seeing stunning MOCs from people like Keith Goldman, Chris Giddens and Mark Sandlin (to name a few) highlighted to me how successful LEGO space constructions could be, and was one of the major reasons why I got back into LEGO. I've had an idea of a story for a while, but a few things were holding me back; bricks and ability in particular! When I made Impartial I had a go at photo editing, but I just didn't get the whole layering thing then. It didn't matter at the time though as Impartial was most of my collection! :tongue: Years later my collection is around 20 times bigger and I'm able to build multiple ships. So recently I decided to give it another go... and here it is!

This episode however is not complete; the next part is on the surface requires another MOC or two. My time is getting a bit tight at the moment as I'm moving to another state, but I hope to finish it before I leave. If not it'll be months... :sceptic:

Considering this is my first attempt at photo editing I'm decently pleased, but I know I have a long way to go. It's been around 3 weeks of free time work, learning as I went, and it's all been a very interesting. (I'm using GIMP.) The sun I found on the net early on, but everything else I created from nothing. If I get around to it I'll see if I can do the sun too!

In regard to the story, at this stage I make no claim to have 200 single spaced pages in a triple-encrypted file… but I do hope to soon. I'm want to make the story "epic", and include large space battles. The comic will feature existing and new MOCs, and I’ll be making a universe encyclopedia as I go to explain details. My goal will be to keep the technology scientific and not fantastical… and I’ll be hoping people pick on me if I falter. Many stories, such as B5, started out very believable, but by the end were not much better than Star Trek. The comic itself will be hosted on my new site, De-Classic-Space, but for the most part there will be no need to go there as I plan to post it here too.

Please make comments, even if they aren't nice! :grin: Just be gentle with me; it's my first time.

First off, if you need any help with GIMP, I'm your man! I've been using it for a good 8 months now, and have a general idea of how to do things! I know you're good with editing already (you're comic proves it) but if you're drawing a blank on how to do something, I could try to help!

Secondly! Th story so far... is confusing to say the least. But, it's only 6 panes in, and we've already got some action, and a base for omething more. I also love the two opening lines, and pictures!

So... I'm sure you know what you're doing, I'm sure you have a great story, but give us more next time, since right now I just see 6 epicly done yet very confusing panes!

Bump!

Saw this a couple of months back.

Thought to myself, well isn't it time for Part 2 yet!!! What are you waiting for Siggy!

(veeery smooth bump by the way, I admire your skills :D)

P.S.: Oh, and... sorry, but I'm a total stranger to GIMP & the likes, so I can't really help you... but I'd love to see this comic continued!

Edited by TheOtters

Th story so far... is confusing to say the least.

Indeed it is. The funny thing about this comic is that I was originally going to make it three panels as I knew I'd find it hard to make a lot at the time. (In summary, they would have been Crash, Annoyance... Revenge.) But silly me kept expanding what I wanted to cover and thus I needed to expand the start... and I really haven't given enough yet. I still plan that to be the rough outline of Part 1, but the opening isn't as simple as first planned.

Thought to myself, well isn't it time for Part 2 yet!!! What are you waiting for Siggy!

Thanks for the bump! :tongue: In short, Part 1b is delayed because of the move I mentioned. Since I need to make MOCs for the next part it's been on pause. It is still my primary project though.

My new place has a bit more room so once I'm set up I should be able to get back to work.