Sign in to follow this  
BillytheKid

TTCE: DH-2 or better know as 'De Wadloper'

I build this train a little time ago, but I would like to enter this contest for train building. It's actually the only train I ever build on my own creation. It's a little dieseltrain, used on low population area's. That would be north of Holland. Because the sea above north of Holland and the islands is called 'De Wadden', the train is called after this sea as 'The Wadwalker'. It's out of service end 2008 and be replaced by a less maintance and cheaper train.

My demands were that this train had the same size as the 12v trains of grey area. That means, max 32 studs long and 6 studs wide. It was easily to build the train, while the real one is like a long box. Only the front was difficult to give it the look.

Currently I'm busy to re-organize my brickshelfaccount and I have not more pic's of this train yet. I had a little acident, where I lost my balance and sit on 'De Wadloper' :cry_sad: . I still need to repair and replace the damaged bricks. When this is done, I will make many pic's of this great, maybe forgotten train of the north of Holland. Hopefully this pic us enough for the contest.

I will also found more detail information about this train, after uploading the pic's to brickshelf.

This is the model I made:

19_-_de_waloper_-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click on pic for a bigger one

And this is the real one:

19_-_pic_of_the_real_wadloper.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by AFOL12v

Time to tell the story behind this little diesel train.

It's a diesel train, used on low population area's. It's equipped with a 6cyl diesel with 288Horsepower. The weight of the train is 93.000kilo and has a fuel tank of 1500liter. The max speed is 100km/h. The train has a max seats of 158. The length is 43,45 meter and 3,658 meter high. It came first into service in 1981, with some problems in the beginning. The maintenance of this train is expensive and went out of service in 2008. Most trains are sold in Polen. Only 2 trains were giving to a dutch club, so hopefully it won't be forgotten in the future.

I travelled a lot with this train in the past to my college. This is the reason I always wanted a model of this train. In de Fleischman/Marklin world there's only one model on N-scale (very small) available. Properly also a reason th get into the lego trains. Well here are some more pic's of the lego-model:

a_-_great_shot_wadloper.jpg_thumb.jpg

Right and left view of 'De Wadloper':

a_-_right_view_wadloper.jpg_thumb.jpg

a_-_left_view_wadloper.jpg_thumb.jpg

The inner view:

b_-_inner_view_wadloper.jpg_thumb.jpg

The office of the driver:

b_-_office_of_driver_wadloper.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here the first design of 'De Wadloper' and here you can see that the front was difficult to give the right shape.

b_-_wadloper_first_design_-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

A better view of the the redesigned front:

b_-_wadloper_first_design_-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

I'm also busy to make a buildinginstruction, but that's a time consuming job. It isn't finished yet. I know it's not a high quality moc, the real model is easy to make a model of Lego. Nevertheless I'm very proud of this moc, because it one of the less trainmodels ever made and it's my first trainmoc.

To finish this review of 'De Wadloper' a last pic in my present layout:

d_-_example_buildinginstruction_wadloper.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by AFOL12v

Well that's a long time between drinks eh ? :grin:

Nice and clean looking diesel 'AFOL12v' - great job on the front end too ! :thumbup:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Pic's are added again. I wonder what you think of mine first moc?

I would decorate that 12V motor a bit. The hole where the third wheels go, you can fit a stud in there.

I didn't have enough "third wheels" for each of my 12V motors, so here's how I covered up that opening:

motor.jpg

Here is the rest of that train (10183)

Oversized image removed by moderator.

Image Link

I can't help to notice that this topic is almost a year old. Why are you bumping it up now?

Because I'm getting back again in the lego and I'm proud about this train. That's all.

I would decorate that 12V motor a bit. The hole where the third wheels go, you can fit a stud in there.

That's a good tip, thx.

Edited by AFOL12v

Yes 'AFOL12V' it is a good train and also you have done very well in keeping to the 12volt 'Gray era' style. :thumbup:

How did you get on with the instructions because I would love to also make a version of this model and add it to my collection. :wink:

Do you still have it in your layout?.

Yes 'AFOL12V' it is a good train and also you have done very well in keeping to the 12volt 'Gray era' style. :thumbup:

How did you get on with the instructions because I would love to also make a version of this model and add it to my collection. :wink:

Did you plan to implement some real lights? The front is cool but with a pair of led it would be great! :classic:

Nice work and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Insructions isn't finished and properly it never will. Too much work. I can build one for you if you like. I don't know what it will cost.

It stand now on a bookshelf in the livingroom, but it can run on the track. Only I'm careful with it, I'm proud about this moc of mine.

Did you plan to implement some real lights? The front is cool but with a pair of led it would be great! :classic:

Nice work and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

I have no plans for working lights. It reduces speed of the train itself using 12v light bricks.

Great diesel MOC AFOL12v! :thumbup: Love the front and rear, as well as, the details on the inside. Great job :classic:

Glad you like it too.

Insructions isn't finished and properly it never will. Too much work. I can build one for you if you like. I don't know what it will cost.

That would be great, but could you price it up first and add shipping costs, just so we can figure out if it will be too expensive.

More people interessed in this train in their collection? The train itself it taken out of service in The Netherlands. It's a classic :grin: .

@Gareth: we dicuss this by pm about the costs.

Sorry to bump and old thread and also for going slightly off topic.

Apparently ten Waloper train sets have been sold to Argentina where they will be modified to fit Argentinan gauge and re-painted before going into service.

Picture