Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 15

Oh dear, no mainline? Fortunately I locked all the Emerald Express doors before I we last left the train! If when we get to the next town, hopefully there will be a spare (non-crippled) LRTS loco that we can come back and collect the Emerald Express.

The Crocodile makes its way past Main Street toward the next point near the Switching Tower. A small light sign along the track lights up as the locomotive turns left at Junction #3. The speed of the Crocodile is moderate.

As the Crocodile makes it's way up the hill toward the North side of Willoughby, not far from the original location of the fuel tanker, it begins to slow down dramatically.

avmaxwell.jpg

What's going on here Brakes? We seem to be slowing down considerably.

avbrakes.jpg

Don't look at me! :angry:

avsteve.jpg

Seems we're a bit "top heavy". This locomotive is just very old and in need of major repair. It has no ability to climb with our current weight; and if it stalls, I may not be able to restart it.

avmaxwell.jpg

What would you recommend?

avsteve.jpg

(begins scratching feverishly on a white note pad) Judging by my calculation, we need to lose approximately 200 pounds.

avmaxwell.jpg

That means someone has to stay behind?

avsteve.jpg

Precisely :sad:

avschmelt.jpg

NOT IT!

Assuming I stepped into the engine despite my words earlier... NOT IT!

And I won't stay here to. All the thing I did for you. :sadnew: Can't we lose some luggage or so?

NOT IT! Why don't we lose the dining car or something?

NOT IT! I'm needed to drive the train. Do you think whoever gets off can run up the hill and get on the train again when it gets to the top?

I'm glad I got in early with the NOT ITs! :laugh:

The chip on Eleanor's shoulder looks like it could be about 100 pounds, perhaps we could try that first.

Failing that, let's just toss whose closest to the end off the side and hope for the best!

So we're deciding who stays behind on how fast they can say "not it"? Doesn't seem like a great method, but I suppose it will work.

NOT IT! :tongue:

NOT IT! Why don't we lose the dining car or something?

As I understand it, we are all on the Crocodile, which is a different train from the one you arrived on, and is only an engine. There is no dining car right now.

Either you're very confused or I am. :wacko:

avjim.jpg

Perhaps we shoud just vote the person "off the island".

And Pete, you can keep dreaming of that dining car, but all we have is Schmelt serving leftover Euro-wit today. Sorry partner. :wink:

avcharlie.jpg

I vote for Jethro.

avdavid.jpg

I'll go with Kill'n George. Sorry George, but I never liked your hot dogs. Plus, we only need one chef on this small overcrowded train engine rooftop.

Easy. Killin' George. If we need to lose me weight, I'm hoping we do, we could also vote off Jethro.

Alright, Shmelt, pile on the Euro-wit. :tongue:

Ok, so which one of you is fattest? :sweet:

Can't we, how you say in America, 'throw Momma from the train'? :wacko:

In the absence of any Momma jokes, I'm a sheep and since I don't care particularly for any of the townfolk, I vote Killin' George too.

And my Euro-wit is now a Euro-welt thanks to my flesh wound! :sceptic:

I vote Kill'n George too. Jethro is rather schmelte svelte after all those years toiling on the farmlands. Killn' Grillo there skims too much off the top while he's cooking. Fatty! :tongue:

Yes, finally we get to the lynching part? :grin:

I vote for Killin' George as well. Can I shoot him in the back of his head to make sure he doesn't suffer from the fall? :devil:

Bye bye, Killin' George! :thumbdown:

I vote for Killin' George as well. Can I shoot him in the back of his head to make sure he doesn't suffer from the fall? :devil:

Why should you get to have all the fun? :hmpf_bad:

People please, take a moment to think! We need evidence people, EVIDENCE!!!

Oh, wrong game I guess. :blush: What the heck, Vote: Killin' George.

Hehe, for once we're voting for a townie, and quite happily too. :laugh:

People please, take a moment to think! We need evidence people, EVIDENCE!!!

Oh, wrong game I guess. :blush: What the heck, Vote: Killin' George.

Hehe, for once we're voting for a townie, and quite happily too. :laugh:

I've been happily voting for townies for days. :devil:

Crap, now you've confused me too. :wacko:

Just shoot him. I only bought a hot dog once, and the rest of the week I was sick in my bed.

I've never had a problem with the quality of the food he sold, but he has been pretty clearly working against us. I vote for Kill'n George too.

avgeorge.jpg

You're a double-backstabbing $OB Mayor! I hope they find out about all the town council members, Je...

Just then, the Mayor flings his elbow toward Kill'N George, who falls off the train leaving George in a nearby mud filled-ditch. In the distance, he can be seen holding up his fist cursing,

"I'll get you Mayor! and all those that voted me off the i s l a n d "!

Switch #4 can be seen ahead.