Sign in to follow this  
Deinonychus

Is it time for a new Makuta?

I was working through my backlog of Bionicle sets today and from that, got around to finally putting Roodaka together. After I finished her I got to thinking...

With all the larger Bionicle sets in the past couple years like Krekka, Sidorak, Roodaka, Ketongu, and Nihdiki...and with sets like Axxon and Brutaka coming up, wouldn't it follow that sometime soon we should probably get a new, bigger, and better dedicated Makuta set?

Sure, the "Ultimate Dume" Makuta is pretty big and quite a bit more elaborate from the Mask of Light set, but it's still not a dedicated "designed to be so" Makuta set. And compared to some of the Titans and Dark Hunters we've gotten recently, that original Makuta isn't as menacing as he used to be.

I'm thinking something in the $50 range. Big, with lots of articulation points and wicked claws, perhaps some huge wings. Or even further, make him the biggest Bionicle figure set to date...around the $70 price point with something like 1000 pieces.

But that's just my view nuts.GIF

I think I heard he's in 2006's storyline somewhere, but I doubt there'll be a new version until at least the 4th quarter, if ever.

It looks like Lego's Bionicle division used alot of the bullets in their gun to give the late 2005 / 2006 lines a higher level of quality. And probably went over budget, too. :oD

I'm hoping they don't return to Makuta though.

He's been around too long, most of the time in a weak appearance.

Hiding in a cave, getting stuck in a block of red amber, playing a GAME of Bionicle hockey instead of fighting... blech.

Too many limp-wristed appearances. And the original set was childishly ugly in design and even more lazily executed in configuration.

It'd be better to have a real dangerous / more creative / better looking enemy show up.

Too many sissy experiences with Makuta kinda' killed his image.

I think I heard he's in 2006's storyline somewhere, but I doubt there'll be a new version until at least the 4th quarter, if ever.

It looks like Lego's Bionicle division used alot of the bullets in their gun to give the late 2005 / 2006 lines a higher level of quality. And probably went over budget, too. :oD

I'm hoping they don't return to Makuta though.

He's been around too long, most of the time in a weak appearance.

Hiding in a cave, getting stuck in a block of red amber, playing a GAME of Bionicle hockey instead of fighting... blech.

Too many limp-wristed appearances. And the original set was childishly ugly in design and even more lazily executed in configuration.

It'd be better to have a real dangerous / more creative / better looking enemy show up.

Too many sissy experiences with Makuta kinda' killed his image.

I'm not a real fan of bionicle, but from what I know, he's the established "bad guy" in that universe. In that case, they need to make him have a REALLY strong, evil, and menacing appearance

Yeah, but he's the same guy that said Takua wasn't the 7th Toa.......

Give us a big, bulky Roodaka-sized Makuta set, that could be....