Sign in to follow this  
BillytheKid

Stuff from Panda9001100

traintech1.jpg

In this topic I will try to tell the story behind this (huge) layout. I know there are bigger ones, but I haven't much seen ones like mine or bigger.

Mine real name is Jacob and born in 1978. Mine drak ages started when I was 19 and ended when I live on myself in 2003. In my childhood the 12v trains 7700&7800 series (grey area) were available in stores and there I get infected with this system. You have great possibilities with remote controlled signals, switches and crossovers. The sound when a train runs over 12v track, it's like tjoesk-tjoesk-tjoesk-tjoesk. Great sound, those sleepers move over the inner 12v track :thumbup: .

The design is also much better adapted to the minifigs, where the trains form the blue area didn't have. The 9v area is much more reliable then 12v. The 9v hang in the track and 12v lies above the inner 12v track. When both tracks are dusty, 9v will run almost always and 12v needs to be cleaned form time to time. I'm also busy to make remote controlled signals and switches for 9v with only lego parts.

Here you can see the present layout:

9-own-design-b.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click on pic to get more pic's of my layout.

And here you can see which trains make a part of mine collection. If it isn't online, I'm updating this or brickshelf is not working properly. Or if it isn't these two reasons, then your computer is stuck :tongue: .

avantar-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click on pic to see which trains I have.

In more posts I will make reviews of the trains and other trainsets I have. If the mod's like it to have it in their reviews, ......cool......

Besides this hobby, I have an another one. Properly you can guess already, it's mine cars. I've 2 Fiat Panda's (old type). The green one is one of the last, before the new model came. The red one is the workhorse and also a project to restore and update like the green one.

Mine first Fiat Panda had an 900cc engine and the second one (green present one) have an 1100cc engine. That's explains mine nickname :sweet: . Here a pic of mine second hobby.

my_cars_-7.jpg_thumb.jpg

And those 2 on the doors...... It explains it's mine 2d car and not that I finish always 2d :tongue:

I'm also an administrator at a dutch legosite: Bricks4life.nl Maybe it's better known as Timmy's, called after the son of the maker of this site.

I've also made a list of all legotrains that are produced by lego, which can be seen by scrolling down to De OLBĀ® treinen/The OLBĀ® trains.

OLB stands for: Original Lego Bricks, because the maker of this site is not allowed using the word Lego.

I hope you people like the reviews I write and I try to write all missing reviews of the grey area 12v trains.

I made some 'stootblokken' (don't know the english word) for my parkingplace in my layout. It's quite a huge thing, but it looks realistic and it works beautifully :sweet: .

k_-_stootblok_-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click on pic to get a bigger one

k_-_stootblok_-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

k_-_stootblok_-3.jpg_thumb.jpg

What you think about this design?

From the looks of the creation i think the english word is buffer.

The design is really nice, most of the time i just pile bricks to block the ends of my track.

Hi Panda.

I'm really enjoying your 12V reviews. You have an awesome collection! I wish I had just a few of these excellent 12V sets.

I do have one suggestion for you in regard to your reviews (or perhaps two).

Pictures can be up to 640 x 480. I see why you attach a thumbnail (smaller image) with the option to make larger, but I think your reviews would benefit from just deeplinking the larger images. I find that pictures around 450 x 337 work well for reviews, and wouldn't require that extra click.

Also, you might want to consider taking some close-up images of single rail cars, as opposed to the complete train on the track. You have shared a few, but many of them are of the complete train looking down at it.

You're welcome to take a look at any of my reviews for examples.

But again, you have a very impressive collection of these trains, and I think your layout is among the largest I have seen (aside from pictures of Lego train shows).

Oh, and I love that red shunter pictured with your buffers (stootblokken).

I've found 2 sets 7862 in mine collection, which can disconnect wagons form the train.

7862-1.jpg

Not that I didn't know I had them, but yesterday I picked them of my box of 12v track. Surprisely I found even pieces for a third one, but I know that one isn't complete. Nevertheless, I decided to connect them in my layout.

Actually the idea is 'wunderbar', but in real life it stinks. I dunno why this set is soo expensive.........., beats me. If the prices still going up, I sell mine :grin: . But for a diehard 12v fan, it's something to show off. Only when you have to demonstrate it, then you loose your face. Don't buy this set if you have big plans to disconnecting your wagons form trains. Only reason should be, a nice wannahave.

Here a pic, to find those two 7862:

k_-_find_the_two_7862.jpg_thumb.jpg

And here the controlpanel. It's now more complete:

k_-_control_panel_with_two_7862.jpg_thumb.jpg

It was like this:

i_-_contolpanel_with_9v_switches.jpg_thumb.jpg

Most panels are connected now. I guess I used now 250 meter of elec wire now. And still it ain't enough to connect them all.

Edited by Panda9001100

A quick update of my layout.

I placed police station 381/588 in my layout. Selling this set is a horrible mistake, it's worth nothing. When it's sold, it will be taken out then.

k_-_set_381-_588_placed_in_layout.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lately I'm busy with the old pirate sets and trying to get some later released sets. First cleaning my 6274 form dust and ordered new sails. Mine are full with light brown dots, which are in a bucket of soap to trying to get it clean.

l_-_rebuilding_set_6274.jpg_thumb.jpg

I know it has nothing to do with trains, but I like this theme too :blush:

We're a rare breed these days, but it's good to see there are still some 12V fans around. I don't have anything setup at the moment, but I'm working on it, slowly. :wink:

Indeed. I'm working on a track layout too, but I keep running out of straight track and space... :)