Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Now taking YOUR ideas for NEW PARTS - LAST DAYS!

The endless ingenuity of the Lego community astound me. I was thinking how technic ball joints were almost right, but you didn't have any way to hold it and have a flame sticking out of it.

No... I was thinking something more like this:

post-5510-1261464613.gif

Excuse me if my graphics aren't as good as Woody64's.

Also, a seagull would be fantastic. You're much more likely to find a seagull on a ship or at a port than a parrot or a monkey.

Yes bombs are needed too :pir_laugh2: - but these pieces should be part of the Pirates of the Caribbean line- instead of classic pirates- why- because "classic pirates" are just classic pirates- they aren't probably goig to mold so many new pieces for that (they just recycle same parrots and tricornes and bandanas and Shakos ( :imperialguard_commander1: arrghh "hate" them- they are great but not for pirates line they are from different period!) but for potc line these new ones are needed -and it seems more than probable that if TLG would do that then these new pieces could be part of that- many times lego have bring new pieces along with licenced lines. I know many people here don't like idea of Potc legos- but i just love it (ok licencing fees are bad :pir_bawling: ) Idea of Jack Sparrow and Barbossa in lego plus Davy Jones with molded rubbery dark tan head and new kind of removable tricorne (just my vision)- new skeletons- aztec coins and Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, Interceptor, Endeavour, Edinburgh trader or Empress in lego wow yummy :pir-blush: Just disagree but i'm not going to change my mind with that :jollyroger:

The endless ingenuity of the Lego community astound me. I was thinking how technic ball joints were almost right, but couldn't think of a way to hold it and have a flame sticking out of it.

No... I was thinking something more like this:

Seems pretty similar to a Belville Finial :pir-grin:

But yes, I'm agreed with you, a bomb that attaches neatly to studs, hands, flames, in black, bley and dark silver would be lovely. It could also be used elsewhere as a decoration. :thumbup:

I would like to see mortars and bayonets as stated in previous posts. A globe, and some wigs for governors, maybe even attached to a hat. I would also like to see sailors on the ship, maybe with ponytails or such. like gibbs in PotC

post-8678-1261536383.jpg

This is something more geared toward a fantasy pirates or PotC line than a classic pirates line, but there needs to be more fish people; minifigs with attributes of various undersea creatures. The Atlantis figs show that it can be done, and this could add some more awesomeness to the Pirates brand. Clawed arms could be made with a part similar to this, a new peg leg piece could be added, and/or new head molds or prints.

And maybe some new musket or pistol pieces that don't have the big trumpet thing at the end. I think having a variety would look nice.

I also think the Lego company wasn't soliciting ideas, this is Bonapare's initiative, so there's only a very remote possibility that any of these ideas will ever be implemented.

Steve Witt of the LEGO Community team promised he'll make sure our input gets given to the right people internally when we make a presentation for the new part suggestions. That's why I'm currently creating such a presentation based on the inputs in this thread. I can't just include everything, but when an idea is suggested or liked by several members it gets listed for sure. I'm planning to deliver the presentation in January 2010 and maybe a second presentation near the end of my term as ambassador (June 2010).

I'd like to see a part that can be used to add width to ship hulls (would attach to the top of the mid sections) but not just inverted slopes, they need to make a seamless transition from the bow and stern sections

i.e. a combination of pieces:

3676 Inverted Double Convex http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/7/3676.png

and 2 x 3 wing (L+R) 43723 http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/7/43723.png

That way longer ships can be built without them looking dis-proportionate. I find about 6 mid sections + bow/stern is as far as I can go with the standard 16 width before it starts to look a bit weird..... :pir-sceptic:

I'd like to see a part that can be used to add width to ship hulls (would attach to the top of the mid sections) but not just inverted slopes, they need to make a seamless transition from the bow and stern sections

i.e. a combination of pieces:

3676 Inverted Double Convex http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/7/3676.png

and 2 x 3 wing (L+R) 43723 http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/7/43723.png

That way longer ships can be built without them looking dis-proportionate. I find about 6 mid sections + bow/stern is as far as I can go with the standard 16 width before it starts to look a bit weird..... :pir-sceptic:

There's a very good technique developed by Captain Green Hair to widen the standard hull. Have a look in this thread.

I can't just include everything, but when an idea is suggested or liked by several members it gets listed for sure.

Since that's the case, I'm just wondering... did anyone else like my 2x2 minifig chest from here? I think it's a good idea, but no one commented on it, so I'm afraid of it being excluded because of that... if people don't like it I don't mind if they say so, but I'd like at least one other person's opinion or reaction...

Edited by David Thomsen

I would really, really like to see a Lego scabbard. A sheath or something for officers/captains would help in making them look more distinguished. And quite frankly, nothing looks cooler than a sword hanging from the belt of a pirate who's swinging on a rope into battle. Perhaps you could modify the Indiana Jones handbag, keep the strap but replace the bag with a sheath for a cutlass.

Come to think of it, a full scabbard might be awkward; it would be a bit bulky to fit the full cutlass inside. Another idea i had, from looking at Playmobil, is to simply have a little frog for the sword to slide through. If you look at Playmobil scabbards, it's basically just a baldric (shoulder strap) with a little loop for the sword. This is surprisingly practical, and does not hamper the movement of the figures. Just an idea.

Edited by Francis LeBaron

Since that's the case, I'm just wondering... did anyone else like my 2x2 minifig chest from here? I think it's a good idea, but no one commented on it, so I'm afraid of it being excluded because of that... if people don't like it I don't mind if they say so, but I'd like at least one other person's opinion or reaction...

I like your chest suggestion and you've went through the trouble of making some excellent drawings to show exactly what you have in mind. There's one slide in the pack already for your chest suggestion :pir-wink:

I would really, really like to see a Lego scabbard. A sheath or something for officers/captains would help in making them look more distinguished. And quite frankly, nothing looks cooler than a sword hanging from the belt of a pirate who's swinging on a rope into battle. Perhaps you could modify the Indiana Jones handbag, keep the strap but replace the bag with a sheath for a cutlass.

This is another suggestion that I've already included in the slidepack as it was requested by several members (and it would indeed be nice to have).

Personally, I don't see why this is specificly in the Pirate forum, but I would like a 1x1 pyramid! It would go awesome as decor, and could also be used as spikes or something on forts or ships.

I do like your idea for that chest.

I really could use that.

Lord Voldemort.

:pir-classic:

Edited by Lord Voldemort

I just would like to point out the ones I liked most. Coming from someone back into Lego from childhood. :)

Wig (White Powder wigs as seen in Pirates of the Carrabean) :pir-blush:

Small scale treasure chest/Jewel case Like David Thomsen drew up. I can see these being used in Pirate themes, Atlantis, and Belleview. Looks like an engagement ring box.

Compass As mentioned often, it would be nice to see the compass back.

*One of the most things I want though, and I know many power functions people want it, is real wireless remote control i.e. RF controller and receiver. I can't understand why they went IR (Infer Red instead of Radio Frequency) My only guess is that it may be because of airwave laws and they might not have wanted to go through the trouble of getting any special licenses that may be needed to sell such a product in the US. IR doesn't work well outside in sunlit areas as well as areas where visual light signal are lost when a vehicle goes under or around objects.

I was looking at a Playmobil catalogue yesterday and I saw a very nice wig in the Pirates theme.

A wig with sideburns.

pl-4444_piraten_kanonensegler.jpg

Click here for a larger image.

Playmobil often has some great characters and toy sets for young children. Whenever someone is looking for a toy for a very young child I often reccommend Playbil's sets when someone isn't up to buying Lego Duplo. I had a girlfriend once who's mother ran a daycare and she had some really nice sets. She had a pirates set with a big ship and it shot cannon balls. I've always got along well with kids since I consider myself one big kid, and while waiting for my girlfriend at the time to get ready, I'd be playing with the little kids and the pirate ship characters. :pir_laugh2:

I have made a new post toward the end with all of the new parts I want so that you don't have to go through all of my posts one by one. :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

First a negativ version of this one,

3685.png

the correct name would be "Slope Brick 75 2 x 2 x 3 Inverted Double Convex"

SlyOwl came up with this - is that what you had in mind?

slope75.jpg

Wow - I'm posting in the pirates forum! :cry_happy:

We've seen the new "half-arches" in the new Grand Emporium (right under the ceiling there are a lot of those new bricks used).

I love those, but they also drove me to the idea to aks for another kind of arch:

We already have roman arches like this one: 3659.png

Wouldn't it be great to have gothic arches as well? :wub:

You know, not a rounded arch, but one with a pointed bow.

Like this:

300px-Gotischer_Bogen_gedrückt.JPG

SlyOwl came up with this - is that what you had in mind?

slope75.jpg

Mr. Phes, I don't think SlyOwl's creation represents what Dr. Steve had in mind!

SO's creation doesn't have the base centered underneath the four studs from the upside (the base is "sitting" underneath the filled stud from the upside), whereas DS wanted it centered, meaning it would be placed in the middle of all four studs.

Difficult to describe, but I hope you know what I'm speaking of... :blush:

Mr. Phes, I don't think SlyOwl's creation represents what Dr. Steve had in mind!

Then why did Dr. Steve reply with "That would be a great new part. Great job!" after I specifically asked "is that what you had in mind?"

So Dr. Steve, if that's not what you're after please provide feedback.

SO's creation doesn't have the base centered underneath the four studs from the upside (the base is "sitting" underneath the filled stud from the upside), whereas DS wanted it centered, meaning it would be placed in the middle of all four studs. Difficult to describe, but I hope you know what I'm speaking of... :blush:

It's probably better SlyOwl takes this one on because he's a much more experienced builder than I and he knows how to illustrate the parts.

I'll bring your post to his attention if he doesn't reply soon.

Then why did Dr. Steve reply with "That would be a great new part. Great job!" after I specifically asked "is that what you had in mind?"

So Dr. Steve, if that's not what you're after please provide feedback.

Sorry, I was not the one who had the idea and asked for the part. Maydayartist is the person who asked for the part.

I saw it and thought "wow that's cool, I would like to have some of those to build with".

I was just giving my kudos to slyowl for some great work.

Sorry for the confusion

Here is the the post from Maydayartist

I very often missed 2 special sloped bricks for imposant roof techniques.

First a negativ version of this one,

3685.png

the correct name would be "Slope Brick 75 2 x 2 x 3 Inverted Double Convex"

In my opinion there's a niche for both parts.

This would be the most elegant solution as well. :wink:

Let's see what SlyOwl and maydayartist say about it.

EDIT: I seem to be wrong!

maydayartist's idea is the counterpart of item #3685 3685.png"Slope Brick 75 2 x 2 x 3 Double Convex"

and so is SlyOwl's creation. :blush:

What I thought, was maydayartist wanted the counterpart for item #3688 3688.png"Slope Brick 75 2 x 2 x 2 Quadruple Convex"

I was misguided by the tube in the drawing. Sorry.