This looks really good. I especially like the excavator and the container truck.

when are the H2 sets normally released? (I´ve been gone from the Lego scene for 20yrs, so I need some input, haha).

It uses 2 channels (=4 motors), the same as bulldozer. And bulldozer "out of the box" uses just one channel at the time and you have to switch between moving it and operating the blade and ripper. So, that still leaves us option of motorizing the movement of new excavator (out of the box it will support only operating the arm and rotation of cabin).

However I certainly afree that 4 channel technology of PF system will soon reach it's limit.

Will this truck be available from next month? I've not seen any of the 2010 sets for sale yet (England), I was kinda hoping to get hold of this one very soon!

Rumour has it that the racetruck will be in stores in febuary 2010.

Let's hope so!

This would be a nice extra for the technic fans.

If the excavator uses 3 channels, it won't work well with the 8275. :sceptic:

Well, i meant they go well together playability wise. :classic:

looking at the picture of the Excavator, although it appears to show 6 functions, bucket, arm 1, arm 2, rotate, drive left. drive right.

There only looks to be 2 remote receivers with the set, from a negative point, this means a clutch selector, meaning that the set is not fully remote as standard, however lets hope we can modify it :-)

This looks a nice set, lets hope it has a low price point like the bulldozer from the other year!

I also like the blue truck, looks a little like a hook loader to me, although not 100% sure from the pics whether the body is fully demountable?

Bike does not do alot for me, crane is just another crane to add to the collection

Paul

There only looks to be 2 remote receivers with the set, from a negative point, this means a clutch selector, meaning that the set is not fully remote as standard, however lets hope we can modify it :-)

The clutches and driving rings are not the only way to switch between functions. As I said earlier, the model may use something like the system in 8082's forklift, which was fully motorized. This would actually be easier to do today with the double bevel gears, which didn't exist back then.

This looks a nice set, lets hope it has a low price point like the bulldozer from the other year!

We all hope so, but amount of PF elements is great, so it may be a little bit pricey.

It is for sure great souse of PF pieces!

This may just be, the blurry pics, or nothing at all...but looking over 8043's image I can't help but notice something about the LA's. If you look at the LA attached to the bucket compared to the two that raise/lower the arm, it seems they are two different sizes. Those two look quit long compared to the rest. A new assortment of LA's...perhaps, but the eyes can be deceived.

Not just that...take a look at the remote controllers...they seem to miss the orange color.

Also if you zoom in, you can see that something is weird at the upper part of the controller.

That would be great to have, as it's something we haven't seen in a long time (since 8082).

Could you explain what it can do? Can it steer? Looking at it I'm guessing the micro motor is used as a function select. I may have to build this...

The new sets are on S@H, surprised at the log loader being reasonable at $119NZ compared to some sets lately, the excavator isnt that good though,$45NZ

Could you explain what it can do? Can it steer? Looking at it I'm guessing the micro motor is used as a function select. I may have to build this...

That's the idea. One "setting" makes it move (all wheels go in the same direction), the second setting makes it turn (only wheels on one side move, or it can be modified to have the wheels go in opposite directions like a tracked vehicle), and the third setting moves the forks. Technicopedia has a detailed description of this model, but I can't load the site for some reason.

This model actually uses a more advanced version of what I had in mind, as some of the settings connect the main motor to multiple functions, but it illustrates the general principle that when you have two motors, you can produce as many functions as you like out of them.

UK prices seem decent.

£45 for the Forest Tractor

£20 for the Mini Excavator

£25 for the Buggy

No sign of that Racing Truck yet...

That's the idea. One "setting" makes it move (all wheels go in the same direction), the second setting makes it turn (only wheels on one side move, or it can be modified to have the wheels go in opposite directions like a tracked vehicle), and the third setting moves the forks. Technicopedia has a detailed description of this model, but I can't load the site for some reason.

This model actually uses a more advanced version of what I had in mind, as some of the settings connect the main motor to multiple functions, but it illustrates the general principle that when you have two motors, you can produce as many functions as you like out of them.

Technicopedia has been too popular this month and I have gone over my bandwidth limit. It should be available again January 1st. I can't afford the hosting package with more bandwidth.

Not really interested in any of these new sets. It's just yet more of the same PF items, linear actuators and re-hashes from the looks of things.

Seems the tradition of a half decent flagship one year followed by a bland set the next year lives on, so I can't say i'm dissappointed, I expected this. Oh well, maybe 2011 will bring something good.

Technicopedia has been too popular this month and I have gone over my bandwidth limit. It should be available again January 1st. I can't afford the hosting package with more bandwidth.

Hardly surprising! :wub: I'll check it out in a few days then!

UK prices for the remaining models are now released:

Helicopter: £13.99

Mini Tele Handler: £8.99

These prices, along with the others (esp the Forest Tractor, I was expecting £59.99) are much better than last year where we got totally overcharged for the models. I would have loved the Crane Truck, but at £130.00 ($200) it was rather expensive..

I am going for the Compact Excavator and the Tractor with Log Loader, the buggy looks a little disappointing after seeing photos of it..

Edited by tomacwhite

Looks like 8041 is available at Shop at Home. A decent price for something like this...nice looking model, but nothing extraordinary here.

Too bad I just blew my remaining money on guitar parts so now I can't get it...I was expecting this to come until a little later :hmpf_bad: .

Great price, £45 over here in England. Will order one later on :D I'll do a review if it hasn't been done by the time mine arrives :)

Ordered along with the new Log Loader. I also bought the 8265 Front Loader today as it was reduced to

Edited by tomacwhite

Seems the tradition of a half decent flagship one year followed by a bland set the next year lives on, so I can't say i'm dissappointed, I expected this. Oh well, maybe 2011 will bring something good.

Hi.

I'm new to this forums.

I have the Bulldozer and Moblie Crane, do these count as flagship model? Which model is the Lego flagship?

I love to have that 8043 Excavator. Can't wait..... :cry_happy:

Thanks.

Daniel.