That does indeed appear to be a new large L-shaped part! Good eye.

Take a close look at this picture.

Does anybody else notice the 5x7 L Beam on the container?

Actually I don't think you are right here. I think the switch changes between driving (steering & turning) and the 3 dipper LAs.

Yeah that's what I thought. For example

Transmission Position 1

Motor 1 Left Track

Motor 2 Right Track

Motor 3 Slew

Motor 4 Transmission

Transmission Position 2

Motor 1 Bucket

Motor 2 Arm

Motor 3 Elevation

Motor 4 Transmission

The new bike looks to have springs/suspension at the front! WOooo The old one only had it at the rear.

It should be good!

I hope Australia get them before anyone :P

The new bike looks to have springs/suspension at the front! WOooo The old one only had it at the rear.

Actually it had them front and back; read my review!

I take it everyone's noticed that the forward and backward arrows on the excavator box are angled slightly from left to right...

And notice the two collections of functions on the box, i.e one for the arm movements, one for the base and super structure rotation.

Edited by HyperBlade

The box diagrams do suggest that the function switcher controls three driving rings at once. That would make the mechanics more complex and interesting than I had expected. It would need to have two geartrains going through the turntable, in a way similar to what 8258 did last year, but in this case they would actually operate simultaneously.

But at $200, I'm really not sure about this set. Maybe I can buy it at Brickfair and bring the price down to $160 with their discounts, which would be somewhat more reasonable.

Edited by CP5670

Could you please put some deeplinks here?

So we all can imediately see what you mean.

second try...

contracted arm

excavator_extj.jpg

extended arm

excavator_short_j.jpg

Axle routing

excavator_hid_struct1.jpg

Isn't it possible that on the mobile crane, the rear end looks funny because you can shift the boom section front and aft? In the pictures it looks like the distance between the crane "cockpit" and the "cabin" on the crane arm changes.

Do real cranes do this? So that the center of gravity (COG) is directly above the center of the outriggers?

Greetz Vince

Take a close look at this picture.

Does anybody else notice the 5x7 L Beam on the container?

Those are standard beams, you can see on the images from the front.

Greetz

Great work freakwave! :thumbup:

I´ll try to build it as you´ve showed in these images :classic:

Edited by deAraujo

The excavator is looking more complex than I had anticipated too. I'm so glad it's not like the bulldozer where it was all motors and no complexity. That is a relief. 3 motors controlling 6 functions via a gearbox switched by a fourth motor :wub: . But the price :sceptic: !!!!!! Although I've really changed my mind about the excavator, I'm sorry but I can't justify paying that much for what it is. If it was a little bit bigger and pneumatic (yes just like I constantly bang on about with pistons at least twice as long and with more efficient/effective motor compressor pump) and the second set of motor functions being used to operate the valves, then i'de buy at least two for the same (or even higher) price.

Video of an Excavator powering by 6 motors and fully RC.

Found this while searching. Not the same but look similar.

Edited by Daniel-Technic

Hello everyone :classic:

I did a reproduction of the #8053 crane truck 10 days ago.

It took me 13 hours to build it, and I reproduced it just with the toy fair pictures (thanks to the very high quality :laugh: )

All the features have been integrated (without any new part), I'm quite proud of it ^^

There are 4 axles steering, "in star" deploying outriggers with independant setting, The rotation of the turret is full manual (like The 8421).

On the turret, there are 3 features. There are on the same axle, and 2 transfert box allow us to have 6 possible configurations.

Brickshelf galery : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=421679

Video :

Hope you'll like it ;)

Found this while searching. Not the same but look similar.
All the features have been integrated (without any new part), I'm quite proud of it ^^

Both are very good; the crane particular looks really close. :wub:

Excellent job, now you don't even have to wait like the rest of us :tongue:

All of the 2H sets look good (possibly excepting the excavator) and the crane looks like the pick of the bunch. Can't wait!

In Hungary we get a price list for the 2nd half Technic models.

The 8043 Motorized excavator is a bit cheaper than the 8275 Motorized bulldozer. I think it is valuable, because the 8043 is more complex than 8275 and it seems that it has very interesting technical solutions.

The 8052 Container truck has the same price as the 8264 Hauler.

The 8053 Mobile Crane is a bit more expensive than the 8265 Front end loader.

Good year for Technic line. Interesting models (the 8043 is :wub::wub: ) And the price is also good.

Edited by menad

I've seen similar price relations in a few online shops. Great to see Technic prices stay within the 'normal' range and that prices are lower than some anticipated.