So the the 8041 Race truck is going to be an "exclusive" or only available at TRU, shop @ Home, or webshops?

Edited by JunkstyleGio

So the the 8041 Rece truck is going to be an "exclusive" or only available at TRU, shop @ Home, or webshops?

I sure hope this is not the exclusive everyone is desperately hoping for.... looks like Uwe Brawa design. The cabin reminds me of 8258

LEGO 8053 MOBILE CRANE

Price: price and release date unknown!

Ask a question about this product

------

This realistic mobile crane can reach the entire contruction site. All wheels have steering and it can lift heavy cragoes with its telescopic arm that can extend to 60 centimeters. The four stabilizer can be extended if your turn the wheel at the back. Can be built into a harbor crane.

LEGO 8052 CONTAINER TRUCK

Price: price and release date unknown!

Ask a question about this product

---------

Loading and lifting containers? No problem for this heavy motorized container truck! Use the Power Function motor and the linear actuators to lift or lower the container and to put it on the back of the truck. Can be built into a dump truck.

For the 8053, I am guessing it is something like a 4 wheeled rough terrain crane such as the Tadano rough terrain crane. The real thing have 4 wheel steering, 4 outriggers, telescopic boom and small enough to be anywhere. An example is in the picture below.

Tadanoroughterraincranecrevo600.jpg

I seriously think it will be such a crane, as previously we had a mini rough terrain crane (set number: 8270) with a tower crane as the B-model!! Coincidence?

8052 sounds too close to 8258 with a container bed. Unless the crane mechanism is simplified or the scale is drastically reduced, I think the only way for a container truck to have a crane with enough space left for the container is to have a foldaway crane like 8258.

Edited by paanjang16

I sure hope this is not the exclusive everyone is desperately hoping for.... looks like Uwe Brawa design. The cabin reminds me of 8258

I'm not sure that limited edition means much of anything. My 8146 Nitro Muscle set says that on the box as well.

For the 8053, I am guessing it is something like a 4 wheeled rough terrain crane such as the Tadano rough terrain crane. The real thing have 4 wheel steering, 4 outriggers, telescopic boom and small enough to be anywhere. An example is in the picture below.

Tadanoroughterraincranecrevo600.jpg

I seriously think it will be such a crane, as previously we had a mini rough terrain crane (set number: 8270) with a tower crane as the B-model!! Coincidence?

8052 sounds too close to 8258 with a container bed. Unless the crane mechanism is simplified or the scale is drastically reduced, I think the only way for a container truck to have a crane with enough space left for the container is to have a foldaway crane like 8258.

Would be nice if it had the same white and blue colour sceme!

There are quite alot of features you could have in this set, will be interesting to see what they do with it.

For me it sounds like a hook lift truck ;)

hakowiec.jpg

Box photo of 8041 is found. I think the main model is quite ugly.

The B-model seems better, similar to Racers 8146

8041-box.jpg

I like it, although it looks like a Racers model more than a Technic model. Nice though :)

I like it, although it looks like a Racers model more than a Technic model. Nice though :)

It looks very racer-ish but then it does have a differencial and v-8 engine.

In Australia three of the five new sets will be exclusives !

The race truck, farm tractor with log loader and dune buggy look the best of the five, the other two especially the copter I can either take it or leave it - they don't do a thing for me.

Just some recent speculation/rumors I've been seeing around the internet which may confirm or add to what we've heard...

The 8052 Container Truck does indeed have power functions with one supposed medium motor, 3 axles, and oh...its blue!

The 8053 Mobile Crane does have four wheels with each having steering, and there is said possibility of pnuematics in this set.

The 8051 Motorcycle has no more information out on it...so I'm hoping that sets still a go with TLC.

And now for the exciting news :cry_happy: ! This years flagship may, in fact, be a large power function excavator, with ir receivers (to be remote controlled), and four linear actuators!

I am hoping all these rumours are true...if so this summer is looking to be an exciting one!

Edited by LordGalewind

And now for the exciting news :cry_happy: ! This years flagship may, in fact, be a large power function excavator, with ir receivers (to be remote controlled), and four linear actuators!

I am hoping all these rumours are true...if so this summer is looking to be an exciting one!

I am hoping that, too!

In fact, this set could be the first one which I could buy in a last 2 years!

This years flagship may, in fact, be a large power function excavator, with ir receivers (to be remote controlled), and four linear actuators!

Can you give any links to information on this?

I know a PF controlled / LA type excavator has come out on top for many online polls for a flagship 2010 / what should lego build next type thing. This is the first I've heard of it actually being produced.

If it is going to be produced it sounds expensive!

I actually hope it's not true, about the linear actuators. An motorised excavator would be great but not with LA's. In this case pneumatics would be much better in my opinion, especially if they were made much longer.

I actually hope it's not true, about the linear actuators. An motorised excavator would be great but not with LA's. In this case pneumatics would be much better in my opinion, especially if they were made much longer.

I don't agree with first part about LAs, I would like to see them in excavator...

But it would be great if Lego would produce longer pneumatic, but it is not likely.

I don't agree with first part about LAs, I would like to see them in excavator...

Haven't we had one of those very recently? If your talking about a fully motorised one (motor on the end of each LA) and fully remote controlled with a motor for each track and turntable, wouldn't that be very expensive and also kinda boring? I might as well buy this:

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/rc-excavator-p-2156.html

Now this is only my own opinion and i'm probably in the minority but with all this gearing down already done for you in the motor and then just sticking an LA on the end if it is well, boring. It's all done for you. Sure it works well and it's easy even for any 7 year old that wants technic for christmas, but then technic is not meant to be easy. It's not meant to be done for you you're supposed to build the mechnisms yourself, the more complicated the better (as long as it's not pointlessly complicated) and it's supposed to demonstrate the priciple of how the real thing works making it educational as well as more enjoyable. That's the whole point of technic and what makes it unique. Now I know LA's have their uses and i'm glad they are part of the assortment, but to use them here, in my opinion, would completely undermine what technic is about.

But it would be great if Lego would produce longer pneumatic, but it is not likely.

A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you, but in recent years TLG really do seem to be listening to the AFOL community, particularly when it comes to technic. And there is at present quite a large demand for pneumatics to be made much longer and I believe Mark Bellis would even like a shorter version (please correct me if i'm wrong Mark :classic: ). I also believe (again please correct me if i'm wrong) that TLG recently hired the guy behind these excellent prototype, custom, long pneumatics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kMpVfnE4Rs

So you never know :classic:

A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you, but in recent years TLG really do seem to be listening to the AFOL community, particularly when it comes to technic. And there is at present quite a large demand for pneumatics to be made much longer and I believe Mark Bellis would even like a shorter version (please correct me if i'm wrong Mark :classic: ). I also believe (again please correct me if i'm wrong) that TLG recently hired the guy behind these excellent prototype, custom, long pneumatics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kMpVfnE4Rs

So you never know :classic:

A huge cylinder? I'm definitely FOR it :O:)

I also believe (again please correct me if i'm wrong) that TLG recently hired the guy behind these excellent prototype, custom, long pneumatics:

Strange.

Pithivier is French and so he is on my forum. He presented us his Case Excavator.

But he didn't told us that TLG hired him.

I will contact him. :)

edit : done. I keep you informed.

Edited by Anio

Strange.

Pithivier is French and so he is on my forum. He presented us his Case Excavator.

But he didn't told us that TLG hired him.

I will contact him. :)

Ah it would be nice to get some confirmation as I only really have one source to confirm his recruitment by lego. I consider it a reliable one but it's still only one. Thankyou. :classic:

Ooooooooops i've made a mistake! Here is where I got it from and I recalled it wrong.

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2009/08/...vator-with.html

Apparently it's a guy called Anders Gaasedal that has been hired by TLG, Anders has indeed worked with longer pneumatics in his creations, just not the one's in the video I linked to. :blush:

I have heard the same rumors as LordGalewind :

A person from our forum did already see the dealers catalogus for 2010 ( including summer sets ).

As for the excavator, it's yellow, has tracks, 4 ( not sure ) LA's, 4 medium pf motors, 2 recievers and 2 remotes (!).

I gues that the whole upperpart is controlled by PF an that only the tracks are manual.

He also did saw new PF trains, wich contains the new rechargeable battery box. Maybe it's also in the excavator ( because it's much smaller ).

Cool!

It's clear why there are two remotes: so you can control all four excavating functions at the same time (rotation, lifting of the arm, articulation of the arm and bucket). Rotation doesn't need LA, so if there are four LA's, probably two are used for lifting of the whole arm, because of high weight of the arm with motors. If there are just 3 LA's, then its probably done like in 8294 (motors in main body and driving of LA's with axles and joints), with probable addition of one motor in first part of the arm (where weight is still not such a problem then at the end of the arm).

That sounds like an epic set. Although if it moves around, I would have expected to see an XL motor or two instead of four Ms.

It will be interesting to see where they place the motors. I hope they don't put them right behind the LAs. It would be good if all the motors are in the base of the excavator, which would result in some interesting gearing to get the full 3 degrees of freedom on the arm and bucket. The only time TLG has made a geared excavator with 3 degrees of freedom before was the one in the 8888 idea book 30 years ago.