That is to pump the system.

If you look on the box art you can see the arrow pointing inwards, showing that that is where you pump.

I stand corrected. Your absolutly right. For some reason i had a completel lapse of the inner workings of LEGO Pnuematics. :wacko: maybe i was just so filled with excitment that i forgot! :laugh:

I've been looking closely at the Tractor, and it looks like the trailer has a crank or lever for something. If you look under the turntable you can see the pneumatic levers, and under those you can see a small lever or crank. It looks like it can't be turned through a full circle as it would knock into the pneumatic levers, so perhaps its a 180 degree movement for locking the trailer onto the tractor?

I think its a landing gear for the trailer so when it is un hitched it will stand up.

All in all I'm quite disappointed with the models of 1h2010 (in comparison with the 1h2009) so far.

In my humble opion the models get my points from "shamefull" to "just aceptable" No visible new parts and boring colours and models.

It's a good thing that there is a return of the pneumatics but by the way it is presented to us is not that good!

(For me as an AFOL that is.)

Let's hope that the 2nd batch will be as good as this years!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I really like the new Forest Tractor and the Mini Excavator, the designs very much resemble how the machinery looks in real life. The Forest machines arm does look kinda thin, but then the most recent comparison to it would be the ultra chunky arm of the Crane Truck. It reminds me a little of the Cherry Picker, which looks narrow in photos but when you actually build it it turns out to be a great design.

From the various comments around the web, it looks like the Forest Tractor has very varied opinions right now. I do think that some people are comparing these models to the Crane Truck and Wheel Loader, where instead they should be compared to that Hauler from early this year etc.

Wow! This is great news! I would have never expected this. Looking at the pictures it seems to be a new mold.

From the various comments around the web, it looks like the Forest Tractor has very varied opinions right now. I do think that some people are comparing these models to the Crane Truck and Wheel Loader, where instead they should be compared to that Hauler from early this year etc.

Indeed. It's much better than the Hauler too.

Wow, those shots make the Buggy and Chopper look far better! :)

Thanks for sharing :)

OOohh the steering wheel of the Buggy is connected to the actual steering. It looks well detailed for its size.

Edited by tomacwhite

It's is a nice detail that the buggy has HOG and an working steeringwheel.

That is one of the things i'm always looking for.

What is HOG?

Yeah, 8455 is quite a bit smaller, but despite that it has actually more and better functionality.

Another backhoe model would be awesome but I think it would be quite expensive if it includes the same amount of pneumatics or LAs, much more than 8455 was at its time. TLG had seemingly cut their profit margins across the board back then to increase their sales, which was why 8455 was only $100.

Another reason why it was so cheap was because it have a VERY low peice count at only 703.

What is HOG?

Hog is acronym for "Hand of god" it is steering on top of the car(Like warning lights etc.).

Another reason why it was so cheap was because it have a VERY low peice count at only 703.

I don't really agree there. It has 10 cylinders, 7 valves, 2 pumps, a lot of hose... Low piece count maybe, but high expensive piece count. I love my 8455! :wub: I wouldn't sell it for less than $500 USD.

Wow! This is great news! I would have never expected this. Looking at the pictures it seems to be a new mold.

Indeed. It's much better than the Hauler too.

Agreed it is much better than the hauler. Why do you always get those people every year comparing the first half of an upcoming year to the bigger, second half of a current year :hmpf_bad:

It's is a nice detail that the buggy has HOG and an working steeringwheel.

That is one of the things i'm always looking for.

Yes and I can't beleive that the flagships for the past 2 years didn't have a working steering wheel.

The buggy looks pretty good for what it is. In the past, it was rare to see full suspension and an engine on set of that size.

I don't really agree there. It has 10 cylinders, 7 valves, 2 pumps, a lot of hose... Low piece count maybe, but high expensive piece count. I love my 8455! :wub: I wouldn't sell it for less than $500 USD.

Yeah, the pneumatics alone were worth at least $70, going by the current Lego Education prices. 703 pieces seems about right, as it wasn't a very big model. It was still more than the 662 pieces of 8862, which was actually a much larger but studded model.

Hog is HAND OF GOD.

Steering on the top of the model!

(Edit: maybey there should be a list of terms being explained.... Ie HOG, Greebles, AFOL's etc etc...)

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I feel that the 4 out of 5 new models, we have seen so far, are pretty good.

As allanp said, we should compare small sets from the 1H with much larger sets from the 2H in the year before.

While everyone could easily point out, lack of functions and possible improvements to any small model, we must realize that it immediately puts the model into a different part count, size, price range, building complexity and targeted ages. So it doesn't make the point.

That's why we have small and large models every year and it is not uncommon that small models of year, are the large ones of another and vice-versa.

Also we tend to forget (myself included) that LEGO is still a toy targeted for children (even LEGO Technic, despite for upper ages).

And most of us may feel like children, but aren't children anymore. ;)

Many of the fancy things and parts I'd love LEGO to do, have the belief they won't ever do.

So we can only build them ourselves and maybe try to create some custom and sophisticated custom parts (like PF solenoid valves).

Looking forward for the 8045, and later the 2H models. :classic:

More pneumatics, that's something I wouldn't buy on eBay for a ridiculous amount but am still happy about seeing them in a set, which will see them in my inventory as well. PF functions seem limited to me so pneumatics will hopefully fit the bill. I have never used them before, though...

Oh and the buggy is awesome. It seems to have four pistons, according to the Lego-applied sticker. Another must-have!

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

Buggy looks very good, I would gladly transform it into PF with XL for drive!

Copter is still very very basic.

Log Loader is nice looking, but I wouldn't buy it

Still waiting for the rest of the year sets.

Hello there Conchas! Nice to see ya hear! I post on TB's regualarly under the name Al. What a great place to discuss all things Technic :grin: . That was off topic. Sorry!

I like the buggy, it looks a lot like rc buggies with the suspension, A-arms, turn-buckles etc. Lets see if it has a working differential aswell. However, I would rather see a buggy resembling the classic Tamiya buggies which were replicates of real buggies of the 70s.

There is no diff. We can see a black 12t on the right wheel.

No Dif-Box. It is set up exactly the same way as last years Quadbike. One wheel turns the gear, the other is a dummy and does nothing.

Edited by TechnicJuan