(First post to be updated when new information arrives)

Credit to Whung for images.

1H2010 (Confirmed)

8045 Mini Telescopic Handler

8045-1.jpg

8046 Helicopter

8046-1.jpg

8047 Compact Excavator

8047-1.jpg

8048 Buggy

8048-1.jpg

8049 Forest Tractor with Crane

8049-1.jpg

8041 Race Truck

2H2010 (Rumored)

8051 Motorcycle

8052 Container Truck

8053 Mobile Crane

???? {Power Function Excavator}

Edited by LordGalewind

Seems they are continuing the trend of releasing some of their larger sets as mini sets.

I expect the mini telescopic handler to be another entry level set as its name implies...and maybe rubber bands or worm gears won't be used for once as they have been with sets this size in the past.

Nice to see a flying machine make a return in TECHNIC...8444 was the last non-rereleased copter that we had, and I'm guessing the new one will be of similar size and function.

I'm interested to see what style excavator the compact excavator will be...as I recall we had 8419 in 2005 that might be on a similar scale.

As for the buggy...well we can expect an engine, steering, and some form of suspension, so nothing special is expected here.

With this years possible semester flagship, the forest crane, I am hoping for something akin to 8443, and hopefully it won't be another 8063/8284 with some attachments. I am hoping for the return of pneumatics, but I think it is too soon for that to happen...likely the linear actuators will be used in their place.

Edited by LordGalewind

Argh, I came in here hoping to see pictures! After the leak on Amazon the other week I have been excited to see the new models, esp. the Tractor - it HAS to be a new model Tractor :)

I'd really like to see some kind of twin rotor copter like a Chinook. As for the forwarder, this has alot of potential, as its somthing we haven't seen TLC do before.

Some rumors on lugnet says there will be in 2010 s@h exclusive technic set(Other rumors say it will be next supercar) .

Know somebody something about it???Or this is fake?

Edited by Ondra

There was a poll on technicbricks blog (run by conchas). It would be great to have a big model in 2010! The piece-count should be over 2000 so it stands above the 8258 and the other big sets (eg. 8421 and 8285).

Well hope dies last - so I will wait for any further news but I will not start believing in it until I have a prove.

• 8045 Mini Telescopic Handler

I'm guessing that this thing will be about the size of the
Mini Bulldozer. It will be interesting to see what functions they manage to incorporate at this scale. Will it really telescope? Maybe they will use the parts from the
All Terrain Crane.

tn_8259-1_jpg.jpg8270isosmall.jpg

• 8046 Helicopter

The trend is recent years has been the successive order of the set numbers has roughly corresponded with the relative size of the sets. Given this, I'm thinking this will be a small helicopter and not something big like a Chinook. My bet is for something the size of
. If it had the ratcheting rotor mechanism of
, that would be great.

8812isosmall.jpg8232isosmall.jpg

• 8047 Compact Excavator

There have been quite a lot of "compact loaders". What will be get from a "compact" excavator? Jennifer Clark set the standard with her
. I'm thinking of a small "zero tail swing" unit like a
. It seems like this should be tracked rather than wheeled, but we'll see. The 8259 alternate model is a mini model, but the model is still of a full size excavator, so I'm expecting something different. Will this have linear actuators? Will it have pneumatics? I can only dream.

folded_lrg.jpg

• 8048 Buggy

Please God, let it not be another travesty like
. That was OK as an alternate model, but abysmal as a primary. If this is actually a larger size model which will presumably have an engine, steering, and suspension, then it could be a good model. I'm thinking of a studless version of
. 4 wheel suspension would be even better. Of course, this all assumes that "buggy" means "dune buggy". Maybe they are referring to they type of buggy pulled behind a horse.
:tongue:

8284altisosmall.jpg8428isosmall.jpg

• 8049 Forest Tractor with Crane

This has great potential. The
log loader is one of my favorite models. As pointed out by others though, this could be something even more complex that has a loader as well as a built-in log transportation system. I'd like to see all wheels driven and the possibility of pneumatics make me giggle with glee. Linear actuators are more likely though.

8443isosmall.jpg

On the other hand, an example of lameness would be the same red tractor as in 8063 as seen below.
554_1.jpg

If the fates smile upon me, it may be something like this:

Forest%20tractor%20(Kimmo%20Kuure).jpg

When I first read about these new sets, I google-image searched "Forest Tractor" and up popped that first image that Blakbird just put up. I was horrified too and I really hope they don't cheap us out and use the same model again. Surely after that Toys R Us trashy one they wouldn't, would they? And, I guess they wouldn't make the same model again so soon, right? :)

I would love a big complex helicopter model, that would be ace, and I am still holding out for a new super car for the 2nd half of 2010.

Until now all we got is numbers and names. No pictures yet.

So everything is only speculation, "Hope to's" and "would like to's".

Maybe at LegoWorld 2009 we get the opportunity to see a presentation of the new models.

Until now all we got is numbers and names. No pictures yet.

So everything is only speculation, "Hope to's" and "would like to's".

Maybe at LegoWorld 2009 we get the opportunity to see a presentation of the new models.

When is LegoWorld on?

For the 8049 Forest Tractor with Crane model, I'd like to see one hexapode like this:

That is very cool. TLG has made sets based on obscure vehicle concepts many times before, so it's unlikely but not out of the question.

It seems preliminaries are popping up on the internet...TECHNIC being one of them. Many have been removed, lead to dead links, etc. But a tiny pic of 8047 Excavator is out there. Hard to tell from here, but it seems the set is using the smaller linked treads and may be using the same beam mechanism as 8419...but with that size picture its hard to tell what gearing is used, if any.

Edited by LordGalewind

But a tiny pic of 8047 Excavator is out there. Hard to tell from here, but it seems the set is using the smaller linked treads and may be using the same beam mechanism as 8419...but with that size its hard to tell what gearing is used, if any.

That excavator is not that "mini". The dipper is 11 studs long which makes it the same size as 8419. In fact, it seems similar in most other respects too.

Looks very nice, but its yellow (yet again).

I like ellow, but there is nothing stoping you from purchasing the body parts in an aternate colour. :classic:

Looks very nice, but its yellow (yet again).

What like 90% of real life diggers? makes a chance from people complaining the models are not realistic!

Well I like the yellow, too, and I want sets in yellow, mainly because I build with that color, and want new pieces in yellow.

The new buggy looks great ! It is different from the previous one. :classic:

The helicopter is very simple.

LINK