Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

TTCE: Classic Mining Train

Okay, at long last I took some images of my "token" entry for the Train Tech Building Contest. This one doesn't really count, as I'm staff, but I had to share my Classic Mining Train.

I had a very difficult time photographing, so here's a single 640x480 shot with each of the cars (Loco + 4 wagons):

miningtrain.jpg

Wow TheBrickster - I'm in love! :wub:

That is an awesome train. And it's carrying logs! Could that possibly make it a logging train? :oh:

*Prays that it might provide some form of escape route out of that god forsaken town...* :sceptic:

But great job, the entire 'old forest' feel to it is really nice. The colours work well and are in nice proportions and it's nice to see a mixed cargo. Well done! :thumbup:

Looks like a long lost crossover with the Western line. Cool. I'm a big fan of doing 'set' style models.

Tim

very very very nice entry and MOC.

I do adore the small LOC carrying those wagons. Most interesting is the one with the barrels. Never seen those before.

This entry does mean ofcourse you have to extend your track in your town, because I have the feeling if you put all of your trains on it, there will be no more empty track. :tongue:

:thumbup:

Thanks fellas. Here's some additional images, but larger:

The classic-style locomotive:

o1.jpg

Log Car:

o2.jpg

Barrel Car:

o3.jpg

Track Car:

o4.jpg

Box Car:

o5.jpg

The intent/purpose of this freight train is to haul and construct rails to mineral mines. It's not so much to transport the materials in hoppers out of the mines, for those of you looking for ore.

This is a great entry, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

It looks very realsitic! :oh:

The only thing which I have to criticize is that the colors are a bit monotonous since every wagon has the same color. And some train doors to the locomotive would have been nice, too.

Apart from that it looks great - like a real classic cargo train!

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter