indexed.gif

Lego 7259 ARC-170 Starfighter

by Lego Builder

Theme: Star Wars, EpIII

Released: 2005

Pieces: 369

Price: £40

Minifigs: 4

Welcome to my first review. Today I am reviewing the Arc 170 Starfighter.

post-6595-1251398767.jpg

To start, Unfortunately the box and instructions are long gone so I am using images of Peeron. The box is an average size with the usual Darth Vader Mask in the corner.

post-6595-1251398839.jpg

Sticker Sheet

Fortunately no sticker sheet in sight.

Pieces of Interest

There are some rare printed pieces:

post-6595-1251398866.jpg

Minifigs

Thank You TLC for including 3 clone pilots which is the first set they are featured in the only other being the V-Wing. Also included is an astromech droid which is included in only a few other sets including the original B-Wing. The pilots also have back printing!!!

post-6595-1251398895.jpg

Also a place to place the droid:

post-6595-1251398918.jpg

Play Features

One of the best play features in this set are the wings which can go up and down just like the X-wing.

Up:

post-6595-1251399019.jpg

There is also a nice cannon on the back which swivels so you can blast those droids apart.

And a shoot that can drop bombs to the battlefield!!

Build

The build is excellent and not a lot of repeats. Also the ship including the wings are very strong having never broken on me even under pressure.

Final Verdict

Design: 8/10 This set is well designed but could have been better.

Build: 9/10 Good as I said earlier but some things were repetitive.

Playability: 7/10 Great playability.

Minifigs: 9/10 Would be 10 if they had forgotten about one the clone pilots and added oddball. Droid good.

Parts: 7/10 Good selection of parts. No seriously rare but good printed pieces.

Price: 9/10 really really cheap for a set this size and quantity.

Overall: 10/10 A must have sets for any collector. Greta detail and great features. Good minifigures and nice colours. Nothing bad.

by Lego Builder

Thank you for a good review Lego Builder. You can tell there was a lot of work and thought put into this one. :classic:

The set itself is pretty good. I'm not a fan of the elastic bands (tend to stretch out) but the printed pieces make up for that. The wings and bomb functions on the ARC-170 make the ship really stand out.

Thank you for sharing :classic:

Edited by Rocky

I missed out on this set in 2005, and I even remember that I looked for it with intent. I always enjoy reading reviews about sets I don't have as some sort of compensation... Hopefully next year the Clone Wars version wil be as good or better, but I can already expect fewer minifigs and a less reasonable price...

Great review, I appreciate it!

Nice first time review. Just a couple of friendly suggestions. You should make sure your pictures are high quality and can be posted a bit bigger so that they are easier to see. Try ones that are a bit less grainy. Also, a few more pictures would be great. I like how you broke down your score.

Good review, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few more pictures. The cockpit interiors, the turning mechanism and the bomb dropping mechanism in particular.

I wonder how similar in structure the clone wars ARC-170 is going to be...

Thanks for the good review. This is a nice set despite some of its shortcomings. Will be interesting to compare it to the new one ... assuming the rumours are correct.