DarthSion

PlayStation general discussion

All for one preorder info, for the USA.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169707p1.html?RSSwhen2011-05-20_151400&RSSid=1169707&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fps3+%28IGN+PS3%29

I see some of their earlier weapons listed, I hope after this they will take a couple of years off and stop making kiddy games and make more like the first 2 which were a challenge.

Is there an expiry date for getting the free games? :sceptic: I might not be able to get them until the end of June.

You would probably be best to ask Sony, I doubt they will last that long, speaking of Sony.

Sony can't catch a break, a live phishing site has been found, not to do with PSN.

If that is not enough Sony's isp also no do with with PSN has been hacked.

http://www.qj.net/ps3/news/sony-hacked-again.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+qj%2Fps3+%28QJ.NET+-+PlayStation+3%29

These also come on the back of a security breech found on the PSN website during the recent password reset.

Man and I thought MS had rubbish security.

Edited by DarthSion

Sony can't catch a break, a live phishing site has been found, not to do with PSN.

It's important to note that f-secure themselves think that this isn't actually a Sony controlled site. So it's probably not Sony related and thus not even vaguely related to "Playstation General Discussion". Why all the Sony hate?

Man and I thought MS had rubbish security.

Why?

Then why not upgrade it is not hard to do, just loosen the outside plate, undo a screw pull it out pop a new one in.

Only hard part is being careful with the screws as they sheer easily.

Yeah, it's rather easy. It's hard when you have to transfer between units (and you lose a lot :cry_sad: ) but I've done it twice without major issue. I would warn though that all isn't saved; for example PS1/PS2 saves, mini saves (unless this has been fixed) and game storage data is lost. The latter is generally easily re-downloaded, but some games like Little Big Planet store user data that way; you'll need to back that up first.

Is there an expiry date for getting the free games? :sceptic: I might not be able to get them until the end of June.

About a month after the store comes back on. You might miss it by a few days. As long as you've chosen them and tied it to your account you should be able to download it at anytime. Why can't you do it, it'll only take 5 minutes to redeem them.

It's important to note that f-secure themselves think that this isn't actually a Sony controlled site. So it's probably not Sony related and thus not even vaguely related to "Playstation General Discussion". Why all the Sony hate?

Why?

Yeah, it's rather easy. It's hard when you have to transfer between units (and you lose a lot :cry_sad: ) but I've done it twice without major issue. I would warn though that all isn't saved; for example PS1/PS2 saves, mini saves (unless this has been fixed) and game storage data is lost. The latter is generally easily re-downloaded, but some games like Little Big Planet store user data that way; you'll need to back that up first.

Hate, not really, its beyond a joke how bad their security is.

Patch Tuesday was not coined from linux.

Huh?, lose between transfers?.

The only real problem other than screws, is height, some bigger hard drives do not fit the specs, I think the HDD needs to be 9.5mm tall max, otherwise it wont fit, and obviously 2.5 inch serial.

Patch Tuesday was not coined from linux.

Every OS has vulnerabilities, even Linux. You should know this; after all, most of Sonys servers run on Linux and if you believe the rumors that you've been spreading, their servers were not up to date. Providing fixes for these vulnerabilities isn't a security issue, it's a sign that the providers care about security. The whole monthly Patch Tuesday thing was done to make customers happy, so I'm not really seeing your point there either.

Huh?, lose between transfers?.

Have you tried moving a hard drive from one PS3 to another?

Nevermind.

No I have not, why would you do that?.

Onto other stuff, anyone seen this, Of Orcs and Men, the link is for pc but it is also supposed to be for ps3.

http://www.gamesxtreme.com/pc/game/of-orcs-and-men/

Sounds interesting playing as an Orc fighting the humans, not sure how it will go, the game dev doesn't have much experience with anything other than sports games.

Speaking of RPG, if you can call it that, Bioware has announced dragon age 3 for pc ps3 and 360.

I hope they add some thinking to the game for once.

About a month after the store comes back on. You might miss it by a few days. As long as you've chosen them and tied it to your account you should be able to download it at anytime. Why can't you do it, it'll only take 5 minutes to redeem them.

At the risk of sounding idiotic, how can we chose them if the PSN store is down, or is it something we can do via the Official Playstation website?

And I think I know why Jammie isn't getting them till mid June; he, like me, has exams, and he, like me, probably doesn't want distractions in the form of free games! :grin:

At the risk of sounding idiotic, how can we chose them if the PSN store is down, or is it something we can do via the Official Playstation website?

That is what I was wondering too.

I have my free LA Noire code that I cannot use as well.

1) Double XP on Black Ops and Killzone 3 this weekend

2) PS Store is rumoured to come back on May 24, so this means you have until June 24-ish to get your free games

3) For some reason my PSN signed out for no reason, stating the same error code as when it was hacked :sceptic:

Has anyone bought LA noire yet? And if so what's your take on it? It looks good but I just wonder what the story line and the open world are like to play. I may have to get dirt 3 over it though.

Has anyone bought LA noire yet? And if so what's your take on it? It looks good but I just wonder what the story line and the open world are like to play. I may have to get dirt 3 over it though.

Watch this :classic:

3) For some reason my PSN signed out for no reason, stating the same error code as when it was hacked :sceptic:

Probably because there are still bugs and they are still running tests, of course assuming you have changed your password.

PSn will no doubt still be buggy for atleast another week maybe longer.

New PSP Remastered Series.

Sony will be bringing classic PlayStation Portable titles to PlayStation 3 as part of a new PSP Remaster lineup. The company announced the series today along with its first major release.

PSP Remaster offers PSP titles remastered for play on the PS3. The games are spruced up with full HD visuals, compatibility with Dual Shock 3, PS3 exclusive content, 3D support, and other features.

The PSP and PS3 versions of the game also share save data. Sony says that this could allow you to play a game on the PSP while on the go, then continue playing when you return home.

The PS3 versions are also compatible with Sony's Ad Hoc Party for PlayStation Portable service for network play. This free PS3 app normally allows local play PSP titles to use the PS3 as a proxy for true online play.

The series will kick off first in Japan through sales of Blu-ray Disc titles, Sony said. The wording of Sony's statement suggests that the series will also be released internationally and will also see some games offered in download form. The press release did not explicitly mention these areas, though.

For the series' first title, Sony has a biggie. As detailed earlier today, Capcom will release a PS3 version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd under the name Monster Hunter Portable HD. The 4.5 million selling PSP title will feature 3D support, HD visuals and shared save files with the PSP, and will see release this summer.

TL;DR: PS3 ports of PSP games.

Monster hunter HD details here: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/22/monster_hunter_ps3/

Because I'm on my third PS3...

You had some rubbish luck, mine is like 5 years old.

Oh lovely way to go $ony HD psp games on ps3, good grief, how the hell will that work anyway, the psp only has 1 stick to use and only 2 shoulder buttons, half the reason why the games suck on psp.

You had some rubbish luck, mine is like 5 years old.

Yeah, it's true, but it's not as bad as it seems. The first one lasted about 2 years, and it then had a (invalid I think) heat issue. I then had it replaced with a refurbished unit via Sony, which after about a year had a dud Blu-ray drive. I still use that one for download-able games, but I needed to buy a new one for disc games, and that one I've had for over a year.

We use the PS3 a lot; as a family it averages at least 20 hours a week, sometimes a lot more. Thus in terms of entertainment value I have no regrets.

Yeah, it's true, but it's not as bad as it seems. The first one lasted about 2 years, and it then had a (invalid I think) heat issue. I then had it replaced with a refurbished unit via Sony, which after about a year had a dud Blu-ray drive. I still use that one for download-able games, but I needed to buy a new one for disc games, and that one I've had for over a year.

We use the PS3 a lot; as a family it averages at least 20 hours a week, sometimes a lot more. Thus in terms of entertainment value I have no regrets.

Now that really sucks, mine gets used at least 40 hours a week if not more, if i am not playing a game on it i am watching a video.

Everything should be back by the end of the week!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/30/full-psn-services-including-playstation-store-return-this-week/

Tokyo, May 31, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available.

The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include:

• Full functionality on PlayStation®Store

• In-game commerce

• Ability to redeem vouchers and codes

• Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO andother PCs

• Full functionality on Media Go Customers will be able to purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP.

Edited by simonjedi

Store is back up! (for me in the UK anyway )

No sign of the free stuff yet.

No sign of the free stuff yet.

It is now. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/03/welcome-back/

FAQ and how to stuff in the link. The site is obviously getting hammered so it's probably a good idea to wait a week or so. If it crashes before you can do it:

1) Log In

2) Go to Account Management

3) Select Transactions

4) Go to Services

5) Find the welcome back promotion

6) Choose it, and it will let you select your free games.

Oh, For JD and Prof flitwick.

Q: How long do I have to get into the PlayStation Store and receive my content for Welcome Back?

A: Access to the Welcome Back content will be expiring on July 3. Once this date has passed, the Welcome Back section in the PlayStation Store will be removed.

Its finely here yesssssssssss, official trailer of DMC from the best game dev around, Ninja Theory.

Is anybody here any good at Nazi Zombies on COD World at War?

I only have Nach der Untoten for now, but I will buy the other maps later.

Feel free to add me, I'm AudieMurphy88 on PSN.

Infamous 2 is really good. My only criticisms are that the basic bolt uses electricity, you can't recharge by grinding across wires and the ice titans are a really unfun enemy to fight.