Sign in to follow this  
lampuair

Enlighten and Kazi Police sets (Lego Clones)

Hi, this is my first thread in Eurobricks forum. Went on a buying spree of these clone sets 2 months ago, the quality is really amazing especially the Enlighten Bricks.

I will share some pictures here.

preview pic, police trucks. more pictures to come. :classic:

111cbf.jpg

Hi, quick heads up:

Most users hate clones and bootlegs. Some users (like my self) are ok with them, but we chat about them in the Community Forum.

I am sure a mod can move this topic there or merge it with an older one?

I find Enlighten a bit off myself, because it is a clear Lego rip-off (steals set designs etc) but it is a cheaper option to the real deal... I prefer clones to rips.

By the By, Why don't you head over to "Hello! My name is.." forum and introduce yourself?

Edit: Many added things

Edited by Peppermint_M

Which is Enlighten? The white one looks okay. I might have to check out Enlighten for myself :oh3:

Which is Enlighten? The white one looks okay. I might have to check out Enlighten for myself :oh3:

They are both enlighten, and don't ever say those words again, or you might get banned. :angry::tongue:

lampuair,

Eurobricks is a LEGO Forum discussion. Specific LEGO themes, catered in Eurobricks, are only for official LEGO themes, or non-official themes that are closely related that are based on LEGO Bricks.

I will move this away and placed it in the Community for further discussion.

Welcome to Eurobricks.

WhiteFang

Heh, remember friends, here any brand that isn't Lego is a dirty word.

I shall now post more fully about these "Enlighten": Enlighten are full on Bootleg bricks, any elements they use that aren't the same as Lego have been stolen from Cobi/Bestlock or OXFORD. Their set designs are also pinched from Lego's back catalogue.

I think I explained my defenition of Clone and of Bootleg but I shall repeat:

A Clone is a set that uses brick based construction to create unique building sets on a variety of themes : Best-Lock has TOWN, GIRL, PIRATE, ARMY and DINOSUARS plus Hummer. Cobi has Maclaren Mercedes, Romans vs Barbarians, Pirates, Small Army and Jeep. Oxford seems to make a great line of Korean history and some landmarks. Megablocks is well known. These brands aren't Lego and they sometimes have a sligtly lower quality than the brand we know and love. However these clones are cheaper to buy and have interesting themes (some which Lego won't do or have not done yet) and some elements unique to the brand that Lego do not have. I buy clones and build with them, I use their unique elements with my Lego (if it fits well).

Bootlegs, like Brick and Enlighten are completely stolen. Their elements are taken from a variety of sources and set designs from Lego more often than not. They use brand confusion to shift their wares and are often very good clones of a set(I have a "Power Racer" and it looks just like the Lego set). Those sets look very nice and are cheaper but I don't like to buy 'em because of their illegality.

Ho hum, just my "Two Cents"

Hi, this is my first thread in Eurobricks forum. Went on a buying spree of these clone sets 2 months ago, the quality is really amazing especially the Enlighten Bricks.

I will share some pictures here.

preview pic, police trucks. more pictures to come. :classic:

Wow, both of them are KO? :wacko: They actually KOed the new police command center 7743 already??

I know Enlighten KOed the command center on the right, but I never thought they would KO the new command center!

Wow, both of them are KO? :wacko: They actually KOed the new police command center 7743 already??

I know Enlighten KOed the command center on the right, but I never thought they would KO the new command center!

It only takes one set purchased to copy it.

Fools should be put in jail for stealing from LEGO. :alien:

Hi, the new mobile command is by KAZI bricks not enlighten.

guess I started with the wrong tone. My buying spree is not so much to support piracy. Just doing some research on how close pirates could get to the real deal.

by the way, I thought clone, cloning means 100% copy of the original :laugh:

was thinking to post pictures of the box art, instructions and how the pirates did some modification to the design and pass off as original. am I forbidden to further share on these knock off sets? :tongue:

Hi, the new mobile command is by KAZI bricks not enlighten.

guess I started with the wrong tone. My buying spree is not so much to support piracy. Just doing some research on how close pirates could get to the real deal.

by the way, I thought clone, cloning means 100% copy of the original :laugh:

was thinking to post pictures of the box art, instructions and how the pirates did some modification to the design and pass off as original. am I forbidden to further share on these knock off sets? :tongue:

I wouldn't think so. You could review them if wanted. There is a bootleg index now.

Ok, I will start with the review of KAZI 6727 (LEGO 7743).

i bought the set for 20 USD. 511 pieces. 3 minifigures, One mobile command truck, one security checkpoint. The first thing I realized is how small the box is compared to LEGO 7743. It is packed full of bricks, not much space wasted.

some pictures of the boxart.

53429868.jpg

back of the box showing some other bootleg models, some original designs on police station and harbor police station.

46722013.jpg

a separate brown box (for added protection), bricks were packed in a few plastic bags but I have thrown them all away so no pictures on that. :tongue:

99634682.jpg

instruction manual is similar to LEGO but the design of the security checkpoint is different.

46197021.jpg

19703969.jpg

to be continued...

the 3 police minifigures. (2 of which looks more like villain to me)

18623066.jpg

police bike with hard plastic tires instead of rubber tires.

18131975.jpg

70428747.jpg

full length of the mobile command truck. (police logo and wordings are all painted bricks)

23192939.jpg

opens up

36889282.jpg

removable back storage compartment

87216635.jpg

detached from the trailer

19495904.jpg

computers + keyboard inside the trailer

87366186.jpg

63630142.jpg

security checkpoint.

37996991.jpg

first floor door which opens up to no where.

75799792.jpg

CCTV

14630627.jpg

computers and more computers

16803284.jpg

75382719.jpg

overall set. quality is slightly lower compared to Enlighten but they are ripping off the latest sets.. :devil:

85347556.jpg

The quality doesn't look that good. The cop with the mustache reminds me of Inspector Clousoe from Pink Panther and Pink Panther 2 :tongue:

:sick: :sick: Plastic quality seems so bad...

Do they took picture of the real Lego set for their art box, because there is no similarity between the box art and the stuff inside...

Thanks for posting this. Clones are generally spit upon here, but there are those of us who like to look into the dark side from time to time. This Kazi set is not a perfect clone, but it's really a testament to how the Clone brands have improved. It looks like the brick quality has improved a bit, and the color matching is extremely close.

Please continue with a review of the enlighten set!

Interesting seeing Kazi doing a direct copy of a Lego issued design. Kazi does make Lego patented elements that are currently under patent protection, such as the "cheese" slope, but this is the first time I've seen a direct design steal from them. Peppermint has the distinction right between cloners and bootleggers (or pirates). By the way, Bricks is a subbrand of Enlighten, Brick is Wit Toy Company attempting to sell their clones of Lego products while fooling Chinese buyers into thinking they are buying and Enlighten brand :-}. Wit is an outrageous pirate, they do many copies of Lego sets from 5 and 10 years ago. Best way to pick up the Steven Spielberg Studios sets. Wonderful photos though, thanks and keep it up. Lego fans need to know what the competition is in order to appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of Lego.

been for awhile. I will continue with the rest of enlighten police sets coming weekend. 2 sets of police station (Lego Copy). 2 sets of smaller police station (Original design) and more photos of the surveillance truck from Enlighten.

next month I will start with the Sluban military sets. stay tuned.

I just don't understand how they can get away with this, you think LEGO would have sued them by now.

What is on the tops of the studs? It kinda looks a little like "LEGO" but I cant see it clearly.. :laugh: certainly it isn't "LEGO" but kinda looks like it to me.. :hmpf:

What is on the tops of the studs? It kinda looks a little like "LEGO" but I cant see it clearly.. :laugh: certainly it isn't "LEGO" but kinda looks like it to me.. :hmpf:

top of the studs is KAZI :tongue:

continue with a mini picture review of a KAZI made police helicopter.

the helicopter is from the KAZI harbour police station set.(review later) good quality bricks with printed decals and it looks good sitting on top of my KAZI mobile command centre.

99537529.jpg

81133446.jpg

open and closed cockpit and helmet.

56155218.jpg

propeller folded down.

75843635.jpg

front view.

39803029.jpg

back view.

87945516.jpg

24560655.jpg

A direct copy of LEGO holicopter. again printed decals and good quality bricks. detailed pictures later.

35698021.jpg

64925660.jpg

It is indeed hard to tell why Kazi and Enlighten (just to name a few) get away with this. If Lego decides to sue these manufacturers, they will have their very own version of "Clone Wars". :yoda:

Edited by jamtf

been for awhile. I will continue with the rest of enlighten police sets coming weekend. 2 sets of police station (Lego Copy). 2 sets of smaller police station (Original design) and more photos of the surveillance truck from Enlighten.

next month I will start with the Sluban military sets. stay tuned.

Awesome review of the Kazi set, although I won't buy another Kazi again. The minifigs have an evil smirk on their faces , and I've been burned by their bad quality. But now I'm tempted to get the Enlighten mobile truck to match my riot police station (129) Can't wait for your next reviews!

post-5985-1260416588.jpg