Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

French Gendarmeries

My army of frenchmen are continuing to grow in number. So Napoleon has ordered some new Military police troops to deal with troublemaking soldiers. These are Gendarmeries who served as the military police in the French army after the Revolution. Their major differing feature from other french troops was the yellow waistcoats and trousers.

004.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Very cool! I am a big fan of WW2 Gendermerie units, and as a result have done some study of the early units formed during the Napoleonic times. Both the British and the French deployed good numbers of military police, and the British went so far as to say that Waterloo would not have been possible without good MPs.

After watching some Tournament of Retribution entries, I don't see 'em as yellow pants anymore :pir_laugh2:

Nice paintjob on the backpacks.

I like them, but I keep thinking that they aren't wearing trousers. :pir_laugh2:

That's what I thought for half a second. :pir_laugh2: I really like the plumes and the bicrones. Great decal too. Great custom, keep it up! ~LW 8~

another excellent job Michael. not only are the torso designs awesome but i love all the small (looks like painted - correct me if im wrong) details on the hats and sleeves

I like them, but I keep thinking that they aren't wearing trousers. :pir_laugh2:

Yes i can see wou mean :pir-tongue: . I mite see what they look like with tan legs instead. But yellow is more accurate to their uniform.

Lovely job, love the design and especially the plume... :thumbup:

2 Questions...

- the first head from left to right is it from TLC or decal (see pic. below)?

- the plume is made of ?

002.jpg

3626bpx130.gif

This is it, right?

Lovely job, love the design and especially the plume... :thumbup:

2 Questions...

- the plume is made of ?

002.jpg

Yes that is a head from TLC. It was from an old adventure set. The indian man who sat as a guide on an elephant i think it was.

As for the plumes i use pipe cleaners. I started using them a while ago after visiting a local craft shop. I had been trying to think of a good way to make the plume decorations for some time and when i saw the pipe cleaners they looked perfect. The choice of colours is huge, they can easily be cut to size and the wire in the middle makes them sturdy enough for play. Also as you can see they fit nicely into the lego headwear in the spot you normally put the feather plumes.

I was going to say the same thing, I love them but I wish they had blue bottoms, yellow makes them look naked,

I'm not going to make the same trouser-joke again, though for a moment, I thought the same..The decals are great just as the plume and the round Napoleon-thing on their hats. Maybe it's an idea to try this on flesh-colour minifigs? I'm really curious of how that would look like, you could give it a try :pir-classic:

That is fantastic!

Do you paint the hat? Since I use pipe cleaners as plumes also. Since if you did paint the hat the detail is great, I've been trying for a long time

to get the french badge onto my Napoleon Bonapartes hat but i'm stumped.

That is fantastic!

Do you paint the hat? Since I use pipe cleaners as plumes also. Since if you did paint the hat the detail is great, I've been trying for a long time

to get the french badge onto my Napoleon Bonapartes hat but i'm stumped.

Ive just painted the white trim on the hat. The badges are made in ms paint then i use ms word to shrink them down to size.

These are magnifique!!I absolutly love them! :pir-wub:

Would it be acceptable to you if I borrowed some of your decals for my own troops?

Also, what type of paint do you use? Do you find that it scratches off easily? Or does it stay put rather well?

Great job michaelozzie! This deserves a big fat frontpage. :pir-classic:

Yeeah, his items really deserve that ....

Edited by woody64