Melbourne pirate fan '87

Where have all the pirate sets gone in Australia?

I can't even find the impulses. Seriously, I don't understand why most Pirates sets aren't coming out until 6 months after they were released in North America, and several months after they were released in NZ. I think it's rediculous. :pir-angry:

I hate to bring up a old topic but, guys they took the 'New Items Badge' off Power miners, Pirates and Indy at S@H. I think this could mean we will be seeing pirates in a day or two. Remember this is only an assumption so don't believe what I just said to be 100%

Haven't found any impulses or anything in my closest Toyworld (Nambour) An to demonstrate my fury, let me use this: :jollyroger:

I've got the soldier impulse (Toyworld) but that's it! :pir_bawling:

Which Toyworld did you find them in?

I went to a Toyworld the other day and they only had the second wave of 2008 Impulse sets.

Maybe the dingos took them? They are known for taking things.

You're obviously not Australian.... :pir-hmpf:

I went to a Toyworld the other day and they only had the second wave of 2008 Impulse sets.

They sold out pretty fast! I think my local one sold out within a week! Luckily I got 3 Pirate impulse sets. :pir-sweet:

Also TRU has them for the same price although its $1 more then what the new Impulse RRP is. [Like toyworld]

I went to my Toyworld and they only had the Soldier impulse (and BBQ stand) No! Amazingly the dingos did NOT take them!

They sold out pretty fast! I think my local one sold out within a week! Luckily I got 3 Pirate impulse sets. :pir-sweet:

Also TRU has them for the same price although its $1 more then what the new Impulse RRP is. [Like toyworld]

If they've been release in stores it's strange that not many of the Impulse sets have appeared on eBay Australia. Usually a new LEGO release saturates the search results.

Not to worry, I'll just order a few from Bricks To The World...

On a QLD Big W catalog I got, it said the impulses were to show up there on Thursday (or earlier.)

Hello

So i have been trying to collect all of the 2009 pirate sets i have got all expect for Loot Island and Shipwreck Hideout..these two i can not find anywhere! i heard shipwreck hideout is only available on the lego site here in Australia...and here they only sell the pirate sets at target! now the town i live in has about three targets...but none of them have the sets anymore...which i find bs..they have every other lego range but pirates...well they do have soilders fort and brickbeards bounty but none of the smaller sets...i hate the fact that i can only by the pirate sets from one store, i know the mid year sales have just ended so maybe they are getting some more sets in..but its taking a while..the mid year sales ended about three-four weeks ago here.

so what about my fellow Aussies are you having this problem as well in your town/city? also does anyone know where i might find the last two pirate sets i need in Sydney?

any help would be great.

Im in Newcastle and Im having the same problems. Target is the only store that stocks the pirates line and they dont have the Shipwreck Hideout and Loot Island sets as you said. More so they seem to have not restocked the pirate lines at all since the big toy sale ended about 3 weeks ago, which is almost criminal. And to make matters worse none of the staff members there know when/if they will be restocking.

Seems like the only way to get these sets is buying them online :pir-cry_sad:

Hi :)

I don't know if it's a good thing or not. But if they are sold out in two countries ( I haven't checked Denmark yet ) that must certainly have sent out a "message" to TLG that the new Pirate theme is a huge succes :) I hope that's the case.

I haven't seen the BB in any regular toy store here in Denmark - only the huge toy stores have it in stock, and one of the biggest toy store chains in Denmark "Fætter BR" does not have the ship on their shelves. Very strange

Im in Newcastle and Im having the same problems. Target is the only store that stocks the pirates line and they dont have the Shipwreck Hideout and Loot Island sets as you said. More so they seem to have not restocked the pirate lines at all since the big toy sale ended about 3 weeks ago, which is almost criminal. And to make matters worse none of the staff members there know when/if they will be restocking.

Seems like the only way to get these sets is buying them online :pir-cry_sad:

haha i'm in Newcastle as well! its rather annoying, a few months ago i went out to target in glendale and they had a whole row filled with pirate sets..now nothing...

i hope it does mean they are selling like hot cakes..cause we all know that could mean new pirate sets.

I'm glad i got all the new pirate sets as soon as they came out, cuz now, half year later i dont see any of them in stores anymore.

Seems that this problem is mostly outside of the U.S., since I know here we have the choices of Target, WalMart and Toys'R'Us, where you can usually find a few of the Pirates sets at each. Can only get Shipwreck Hideout at Toys'R'Us, though, from what I've seen.

I say just pick them up from Shop @ home, it's the best alternative for missing sets. :)

Edited by Big Cam

We are not having much luck here in oz. Not many sets are to be seen in QLD stores. Target here has only had the impulse sets and Brickbeards Bounty. Toys r us has impulse sets and the cannon battle. I still havnt seen any other sets on the shelves :pir_bawling:

wow, im glad ive got nearly all the pirate sets ill need (3 cannon battles, both impulsives,Brick beards bounty, loot island) but i want the shipwreak and fort! i hope the local shop dosent run out, shame im getting such bad intrest on my bank account, thank you for screwing up the economy :pir-hmpf_bad: .

It's odd, in the Northeast it's rather difficult to get the impulses (excluding Toys'R'Us which charges ~$6 for a $3.49 set, a rip-off to me). I've found that Boscovs does have them, but only a couple here and there. I've never seen them in Target (are they in a different section than the typical Lego layout?) though.

Down here in the Southern US I have noticed that the impulse hve disappeared from Target too. They probably just morphed into Indy or SW. :pir-skull:

I'd love a return of the polybag impulses that used to be found in WalMart, and generally all over. For some reason they just have a different feel than the boxed versions, and I'd imagine they'd be cheaper to make/ship.

My wal*mart had the loot island on sale for $13.00 and cannon battle on sale for $3.00 but there gone now. :pir-sceptic:

And at my Target When they got all the new sets in there are none left however they were on sale hmmmm...... :pir_wacko: .

haha i'm in Newcastle as well! its rather annoying, a few months ago i went out to target in glendale and they had a whole row filled with pirate sets..now nothing...

i hope it does mean they are selling like hot cakes..cause we all know that could mean new pirate sets.

Hmmmm Target in Glendale hey.... now i think you might be stalking me haha :pir-sceptic:

Hmmmm Target in Glendale hey.... now i think you might be stalking me haha :pir-sceptic:

nah, i'm not..i hardly ever go out there man, i was trying to work out which target had all the pirate sets.