3 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hi Eurobricks welcome to my first review.

Today I shall be reviewing set 8973 Raanu.

Set Number: 8973

Set Name: Raanu

Price: 4.89 GBP or 6.99 USD

Pieces: 14

The Box

raanu_001.jpg

Man I love Bionicle box art! Rannu's box shows a very detailed picture of him standing in Vulcanus. We should have a strap of plastic round the box but I'd already opened the set soooooo...

raanu_002.jpg

As I live in the UK I have the European version of the box which shows Raanu standing outside the arena on his tod. If you live in the US he'll be standing with Malum. The back also shows his B.I.O Code and all the legal stuff that none of us reads.

Pieces

raanu_003.jpg

Rannu contains 14 pieces which in my opinion is a bit of a rip off. :sceptic:

raanu_004.jpg

New pieces include the new 'Iron Man' head, the helmet which apparently resembles a clown, I don't see that resemblance. The other new piece is the hands which are in yellow and I believe no other set this year comes with yellow hands.

raanu_005.jpg

There are 3 new recolours; the Solek limbs in red, the Matoro mahri blades in red and the Toa Mata feet in yellow. All in all 10 of the 14 pieces are new or recoloured. Not bad Lego.

The Build

The build is very straightforward. You get the torso, pop on the limbs; add hands, feet, head and finally the weapons. No one will find the even remotely hard. The only bit that confused me was the fact that the longer limbs are his arms instead of his legs unlike Akatus or Berix

raanu_006.jpg

raanu_007.jpg

raanu_008.jpg

Playability

Raanu is rather fun to play with. He sort of reminds me of Tahu Mata with the fire sword and pre-bent limbs. Raanu has 9 points of articulation which is basically the same as last year's Av-Matoran. However with such few pieces and not functions or projectile Raanu gets boring after about an hour.He is awfully skinny, without a jetpack or wings like his last year equivalent Radiak who is far superior. Oh and did I mention that the sheild is not much of a shield as it leaves Rannus hand exposed offering little protection for his hands.

raanu_009.jpg

raanu_010.jpg

raanu_011.jpg

raanu_014.jpg

raanu_012.jpg

Raanu along with Berix are the most boring of the 6 Agori. With no interesting or animal like look like Zesk and Tarduk and no new weapons like Metus or Akatus. In fact I recommend you get them in that order. To be honest Raanu is only really fun to play with if you have Malum by his side.

Overall

Pros

• Over half the pieces are new or recoloured
  • New hands
  • Yellow hands
  • Sort of fun to play with
  • One of the best blockers for the action figure game which I've failed to mention
  • Er... nice box

Cons

• Few pieces
  • Price >_<
  • Skinny and out of proportion
  • Does nothing interesting
  • Lame build

Overall I recommend you get Raanu after getting Zesk, Tarduk, Akatus and Metus, if you missed out on the Vakama fire claw thingy (which is a very cool piece indeed), if you want a blocker for Malum or you're just a diehard collector. Like me. :classic:

With that I leave you one last picture.

raanu_013.jpg

'He says I am far superior'

Thanks for reading the reveiw. :classic:

Nice review of the red agori. I like them better when pictures are shown together with the text.

raanu_001.jpg

Nice review of the red agori. I like them better when pictures are shown together with the text.

xbox hueg pic

Though you should really only do that if the pics aren't giant.

Though you should really only do that if the pics aren't giant.

My pics are massive. I should have warned you all.

Now please can you tell me what you thought of my style of reveiwing instead of saying 'teh picz r gigantonormus'

BTW Fero and Skirmix is next, because he is brand new and I have not opened the box.

Edited by Partario