Sign in to follow this  

A fully motorized skid steer loader :) Its very compact, but can lift high weight, and its very fast.

p1120856.jpg

p1120857.jpg

p1120858.jpg

p1120859.jpg

p1120860.jpg

In these videos, you can see him pick on the big boys :)

Great, as usual.

Why don't you explain a little bit more about mechanisms of the loader.

It looks like there is crowded at the back of the loader!

That is awesome! As I see in the videos it is very rugged and tough. Great job! :thumbup:

That is awesome, the way it zips around reminds me of the little wheel changer people who were the pitcrew for Lightning McQueen in Cars.

Would be good to have some more details on it, how the lift mechanism works and how you've powered the wheels/transmission etc...

The lifting mechanisem uses worm gears to rotate a handle, which lifsts and lowers the main arms. The second mechanisem used for tilting the showel is powered at the pivot point of the main arms. This way the showel is always at same level, no matter how much you lift or lower it. There is even a short chain drive squeezed in the back :) The wheels are powered by Xl motor, one is powered directly through the drive axle, and the other goes over 24 to 24 to 8 to 24 to 24 tooth gears.

Great model. The design reminds me of the 8082 forklift. I always like MOCs that pack a lot of functionality into a small space, and I like how the bucket has two degrees of freedom. :thumbup: