KimT

The Visual Dictionary

Thanks for the new pic KimT. I like how they've coloured the pages differently. For example we have previously seen a republic page which was white where as this one is dark grey.

Man this looks like a fantastic book for a lego star wars lover! I am going definitely going to get this. And to make it even better, there is an exclusive minifig included as well.

LegoKing

Is anyone else worried that Luke's might be a lower quality figure?

I reckon it looks OK. But they could have come up with a better figure. Maybe a gold storm trooper, similar to the Gold C3-PO.

Anyway the book photo's look good, can't wait.

Maybe a gold storm trooper, similar to the Gold C3-PO.

And push the price of the book up by 50%?

well, my copy of the book came today ... I like it. Very good stuff. The minifig is v cool and the info in the book is pretty good. Great photos (well done Jeremy). It's up to date with everything released to date and even includes the next Brickmaster set (Mini RGS)!

I particularly liked the interview at the back, but I won't spoil that for those that haven't got the book yet.

Overall, for just over £10 (the Amazon pre-order price), this is a bargain.

Although not the DK SW Dictionary, I just got The Lego Book which contains the Standing Small and The Lego Book. The standarding small was really good because many minifigures from the past 30 years including Star Wars theme. Don't know if this is the right thread to talk about this but the book was tons good and it is semi SW related.

There is some interesting trivia in the book as well, like Yoda was the first minifigure to get shorter legs and Boba Fett wears a Mitrinomon Z-6 jet pack.

Both books are sold together and retail for approximately 25 pounds.

Roxio has verified that Luke is not a lower quality figure! :sweet: I was worried. This is officially on my must-haves list! Thanks Roxio!

med_gallery_101_33_64610.jpg

Picture is link to high resolution version

My ISD seems to be somewhat higher than the dimensions mentioned on these pages! Something for the revised edition? :tongue:

Roxio has verified that Luke is not a lower quality figure! :sweet: I was worried. This is officially on my must-haves list! Thanks Roxio!

?!? There have been pics of the minifig up on Jedinews for over a month !?!

?!? There have been pics of the minifig up on Jedinews for over a month !?!

They did not show the key hints that it is a cheaper figure. Here is one main one. Only someone who owns the figure can verify that.

TTThands.jpg

But how did the fuzzy picture by Roxio (above) make a difference? Or did he PM you?

He PM'ed me and I posted it here to let the other members know. Booger, his Luke is pictured on the previous page with the old face. I'm happy about that. The other looked kinda funny.

Booger, his Luke is pictured on the previous page with the old face. I'm happy about that. The other looked kinda funny.
But it did come with the new face, right?

This book is something that I have been waiting for, and I'v been waiting a long time at that, and it doesn't look like its going to be a let down :pir-grin:

May the force be with you :vader::yoda:

Edited by Ratshot

Will this book just be sold in bookstores or will it be available on S@H aswell?

Id love to buy it but I dont know if New Zealand bookstores would stock it but if S@H had it I would buy it when I get the Tantive IV and some chrome stormie

Will this book just be sold in bookstores or will it be available on S@H aswell?
I heard somewhere (can't remember :wacko:) that the visual dictionaries will be available on S@H. :wink:

EDIT: Oh and KimT, you might want to update the screenshot of the dictionary's official website. There's now links to events and a contest on the home page. :wink:

http://us.dk.com/static/cs/us/11/101009/index.html

And by the way, can someone tell me what the events are going to be like? I can't decide if I want to go or not.

If they have some really good raffles and giveaways (chrome Vaders :cry_happy:), then I'm (probably) in! :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

But it did come with the new face, right?

No, it didn't. Roxio's is the blurry picture on the last page.

thought i'd just add another photo

SNIP

I don't see a medal on yours. It could be a misprint. It also could have worn off. That really unlikely though. Thanks for the clear picture. I'm waiting for a review on the book and figure. On a side note are those white and black guards photoshoped or are the customs? I'm just a fan of it.