Darth_Ewok

I'm Leaving! I'm Coming Back! Do it all HERE.

Not that any of you teens will listen but don't ever tell your parents off. They pay for you food and take care of nearly every need you have and have done so for over ten years.

If you want to make a point rationally bring them to brickshelf or Eurobricks and show them intelligently why LEGO model building stimulates the brain, encourages creativity/imagination and will aid in future development. Ask them without sarcasm if they would rather you go out and get involved in a sex and drug filled lifestyle instead of building with LEGO. Remind them that over 50% of adult LEGO builders are college graduates (or current attendees) and that many go into highly technical fields like computer science or engineering. Show them the intelligent conversations people discuss in threads and how the LEGO community helps each other out. Also, inform them politely that not only does LEGO improve ones mind but be participating in the forums you will learn positive world skills, manners and establish connections with people all over the world. By rubbing shoulders with older and better educated people any young person on this forum can learn better English and communication skills. Do yourself a favor and pay respect to your parents who do not deserve such rude or angry comments as have been mentioned in this thread already.

One day you will understand as a parent what I mean. Your parents are people and more they have proven that they care about and provide for you. LEGO is expensive and if you have any then obviously they have given you more than you deserve by talking to them or even threatening to talk to them in such a manner. Please show your maturity and with intelligence inform your parents of the great values the LEGO hobby can have.

If you can read this Darth Ewok please share these things with your parents. I myself don't have children but working with teens weekly in the last five years I understand them well enough to know they don't always know the right way to go about speaking with adults.

Treat other people the way you want to be treated!

That means unless you want people to not listen to you and tell you to _______(insert vulgar phrase of choice) don't do it yourself. Help them to understand where you are coming from and the benefit of your decisions.

Your parents have the right to get rid of the cable television, internet, computer and anything else they paid for. They have the right to not help you with car insurance or loans and to not even show up or help with your wedding. Treat them like garbage and see where it gets you in life. You may feel you have a right to do a lot of things but they also have the right to even more. Show some respect.

OK I have a serious problem with your parents...Sorry dude but what the hell is wrong with them? They are MAKING you stop LEGO's?! Thats F*ed up...My parents incourage it since its better than playing computer and stuff...But its not all I do, I skateboard a lot in the summer. And they spy on your brickshelf????? What the....Ok im getting mad writing this....Peace man, it sucks that it has to be this way...

OK I have a serious problem with your parents...Sorry dude but what the hell is wrong with them? They are MAKING you stop LEGO's?! Thats F*ed up...My parents incourage it since its better than playing computer and stuff...But its not all I do, I skateboard a lot in the summer. And they spy on your brickshelf????? What the....Ok im getting mad writing this....Peace man, it sucks that it has to be this way...

the guy is gone... it's not particularly useful to keep on talking about it...

the guy is gone... it's not particularly useful to keep on talking about it...

Yeah, but we're still gonna vent our anger at those bit*hes. That is just wrong.

My parents tried to forbid me to buy Lego when I was around 14 or 15. I actually hade a small stock of money (they would notice if I would make a large withdrawal, so I kept on resupllying it by adding 30% of a withdrawal too it.

They would check my bank account, but they never noticed. After two or three years they accepted that it was a hobby for me. They believed me when I said it was a collection and no longer a toy. Which isn't really true anymore, I've gotten into MOCing since...

Nowadays, they're very supportive in it, they don't buy me sets anymore, but my dad does drive me to the Lego stores in Cologne and Oberhausen, which is a 1-hour drive. I remember when I bought the Sandcrawler, my mom said that my dad told her that he "thought it was a waste of money, but rather saw me spending it on Lego then on drugs" (Don't go thinking I do drugs, never did, never will)

So, the moral of the story: wait a couple of years, slowly try to convince your parents, and they might agree eventually. I'm sure they will :) And too bad you're leaving *wacko*

QUOTE (Evil Willy @ Jan 14 2006, 09:25 PM)

What use will being angry do? If his parents ever DID read this board, I wouldn't be surprised if they forbade him from ever coming back. Calling his parents names? Telling him not to listen to his parents and "rebel"? Do you think you know how to raise someone better than they do? Sure, we may not agree with their methods (I know I sure don't), but we really don't have any say in the matter, and we're not helping matters any by calling his parents "bitches".

Seriously everyone, calm down. We said out "take care for now"s, and we all hope we'll see him again. I know I hope I do. And I wish his parents wouldn't like that about his hobby, and I don't want him to give up on Lego forever, but if those are the rules he has to live by, than sobeit.

I really think this thread needs to be closed before things get any more out of hand.

Sorry im done..But its really not right for them to spy on his brickshelf and completly like ban LEGO's from him...

Sorry im done..But its really not right for them to spy on his brickshelf and completly like ban LEGO's from him...

His parents, their rules. I don't like it either, but he has to live with it. I know there were plenty of things I didn't agree with when I was younger either. Let's just hope he comes back *ewok*

Guys, here are some news from our furry Yub Yub friend !!

He is still negotiating with his parents but the situation is far better now ;) His parents are still a little iffy about letting him post on forums. But I'm sure this will better in a few weeks !!!!

So until we see our furry yubyub here is his new brickshelf gallery: DarthYubYub

Also here is his website

I'm sure we'll see him soon ;)

*yoda*

Thanks for the update Yoda, but the website doesn't seem to work for me *wacko*

I think its still under construction ;) Let time for our yub yub to work :D :P

*yoda*

Guys, here are some news from our furry Yub Yub friend !!

He is still negotiating with his parents but the situation is far better now ;) His parents are still a little iffy about letting him post on forums. But I'm sure this will better in a few weeks !!!!

So until we see our furry yubyub here is his new brickshelf gallery: DarthYubYub

Also here is his website

I'm sure we'll see him soon ;)

*yoda*

this is great news. his parents must have come to their senses *ewok*

I've noticed a trend in announcing departures and returns to the forum, and honestly, they don't each need a devoted topic, so that's what we're going to do here.

Going on vacation? Summer camp? Prison?

Just returned from the beach? Mars? Spelunking?

Whatever. This is the place to mention such things, if you really feel it necessary.

As for me, I'm not going anywhere, none of you are that lucky. :grin:

Well, needless to say, after my dad had a falling out with some people and resigned from his job, my whole family has decided to move from Connecticut all the way down to Tennessee. We've been getting ready for the move for months now, but the big day is finally coming this Saturday. Since we'll be on the road and the family computer will be packed up, I won't be available for contact for at least 5 days or so, but probably not for at least an entire week. So, my apologies if someone needs to contact me and I won't be able to answer (although I doubt anyone will during such a short period).

For now, this is Grevious, signing off. :wink:

Hope you have a good time at your new place in Tennesse, I know moving can be tough somtimes :sweet:

Good luck :classic: In my past experiences, moving has been fun, so have a good time

048.jpg

That's right. I'm off to Puerto Rico between the 2nd-14th. Just thought I'd alert everyone.