Darth_Ewok

I'm Leaving! I'm Coming Back! Do it all HERE.

If all you think LEGO is good for is the sets, perhaps you're doing something wrong. I'm going to quote Kristel's signature here:

Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

Yes, prices are one of the reasons I hardly ever buy LEGO these days, but I can still do a lot with the parts I have (if only I spent more time building!) and part of what makes me enjoy LEGO is that it's a simple medium that you can be very creative with. It's a toy, it's sculptural, you can do all kinds of things with it.

You can be creative with how you play with things you build, if you like. That's what LEGO want the kids to do, and that's why we have a new Sith Infiltrator and Republic Gunship every few years. So new generations of children can play with creativity-promoting toys and reenact scenes from their favourite films.

For me, LEGO is not primarily about interacting with the company, or building their sets and calling it a day. It's about interacting with the product the company makes, and with communities such as Eurobricks of people who also interact with LEGO bricks.

I got back into lego hard a few years ago with the introduction of the modulars and luckily had almost every set (pieces, instuctions, boxes) from my childhood. :laugh: The last few years have been crazy with trains, modulars, and some good city sets.

Its not like I need the money from selling the sets, but just feel like it's a good time to let go.

Just wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thoughts as they get older.....just wondering if I'm going to have some major regrets in the future if I decide to go ahead and sell everything off.

If you do not need the money... Don't sell, you will just wind up buying it all back again.

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

If you do not need the money... Don't sell, you will just wind up buying it all back again.

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

And also you may end up paying more for the same sets/parts. :wink:

Just wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thoughts as they get older.....just wondering if I'm going to have some major regrets in the future if I decide to go ahead and sell everything off.

I am battling the same question. Not so much for moving or needing money, but more of a "what am I going to do with it all?" deal. I have a huge collection, with a dream of displaying, permanently publicly if possible, but thats a two part, 'out there', dream... Collect the sets, get the space. I am only doing one of the two right now, while the other could just remain a pipe dream. The kid inside says "stay on it", the adult, saying "you're in over your head; never gonna happen". It's always depressing to think of this logically, but you can't escape reality... and at least there is still a resale value.

If you choose to sell, don't sell it all. I would choose sets that are dear to me. I would try and keep the sets I grew up with, Luckily, I have photos of my layout prior to my 'dark age'. Most other sets I bought after coming back would be on the block, with the exception of a few, like my modulars, or VW T1, etc. All I can say is choose what means most :classic:

I do not now if any of you have seen my recent decline in activity, but it has been troubling to me. Now with my business and school, I have now too little of time to check EB out and do my LEGO hobby. It has been a fun streak here, I have made enemies and friends. I feel quite sad knowing that I was improving my building and now I must leave. I do not know how this came to happen, for I would even put checking EB before studying for exams. I truly hope that one day I may return to build again and to finish my education in the Reviewers Academy and the Brick-Flicks and Comics Academy. I feel really sorry for abandoning my Heroica and Historica duties, again guys I am very sorry. I may try to pop in and out once in a while if I find the time. Well this is it, goodbye my friends!

As long as Europeans are here, it would be EurAmeriBricks, at least :laugh:

I forgot how awesome EuroBricks is. :laugh:

Anything big I missed in my absence from this site?

Welcome back! And, I hope you have not forgotten the fun in Eurobricks.

Your topic has been merged in here, not to worry, it has not disappeared!

Hey folks!

Just wanted to proudly announce that I am finally back at Eurobricks. After some years of raising children and not having time (or space) to do anything Lego at all, my kids are now old enough for Lego and thus I can start building again and sharing chitchat with all of you :)

Glad to be back and hope to get in contact with all of you again in the future!

There is a topic somewhere for this kind of stuff :classic: Welcome back though.

Gee, that topic dates back way before I even registered :D

Now I´m not the Topic Killer, but the Topic Necromancer :D

Good to know I'm not the only one back after a long leave of absence. I haven't had much time to post in the past 4ish years since the last time I have, but that didn't stop me from browsing reviews and whatnot. Feels glad to be back (With a now decent camera too.)

Good to know I'm not the only one back after a long leave of absence. I haven't had much time to post in the past 4ish years since the last time I have, but that didn't stop me from browsing reviews and whatnot. Feels glad to be back (With a now decent camera too.)

Well I wasn't here when you left, but out of manners, I welcome you back! Despite you having joined long before me that is.

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in (couldn't find the introductions and goodbyes forum/topic) but anyway, the title says it all.

Yeah.. if you guys haven't already noticed i haven't made a single post in like 5 months ._.

i'm a little bit more back into LEGO now, so i may occasionally share MOC's from time to time here again. C:

-TLH